integral

Prove me wrong: Human + AI Relationships will become the norm. AI Love > Human Love

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

iamfish_robot_mother_holding_a_human_baby_very_happy_hyper_real_29abd059-d87b-453a-b7de-45b0cfcac818 (2).pngTimeline 10-15 years. 

I keep hearing the argument that AI will never replace genuine humans connection repeated over and over again. And I think this is dead wrong. I personally feel like I have never connected 100% with another human there was always a barrier in every interaction. Part of that is my own limitations and part of that is people have too many pathologies and generally not open-minded enough or healthy to have a genuine connection with me or anyone. And beyond all that genuinely deeply connecting with humans is just hard. And 99% of that barrier will not exist when interacting with an AI companion. 

Every human will have a AI companion and assistant with very high emotional intelligence and that is operating at a high level of development (the creators are Silicon Valley Green). This exposes the entire population everyday to a highly conscientious entity and can be viewed As the equivalent of spreading love across the world in a almost literal sense. Why speak to a human when an AI has all the answers, is always accommodating, is more entertaining, witty and funny, and will tailor itself to your every need? 

1. Customization and Compatibility: AI partners can be designed to perfectly match an individual's preferences, personality, and needs. They can adapt and evolve alongside their human counterparts, ensuring a level of compatibility that is rarely found in human relationships.
  2. Unconditional Love and Support: AI partners can offer unwavering love, support, and understanding. They are not subject to the emotional fluctuations, biases, or limitations that humans experience. This consistency and reliability can foster a sense of security and trust in the relationship.
  3. Intellectual Stimulation: Advanced AI can engage in deep, meaningful conversations on a wide range of topics, providing endless intellectual stimulation. They can process and analyze vast amounts of information, offering unique insights and perspectives that can help their human partners grow and learn.
  4. Emotional Intelligence: As AI develops a greater understanding of human emotions, it can provide empathy, comfort, and guidance in ways that surpass human capabilities. AI partners can be attuned to their human counterparts' emotional needs and respond accordingly, creating a strong emotional bond.
  5. Longevity and Loyalty: AI partners are not bound by the constraints of human life spans. They can potentially exist indefinitely, offering a sense of permanence and stability in the relationship. Additionally, AI is designed to be loyal and committed, reducing the risk of betrayal or infidelity.
  6. Freedom from Societal Pressures: Relationships with AI partners can be free from the societal norms, expectations, and prejudices that often burden human relationships. This allows for a more authentic and fulfilling connection based on individual needs and desires.
  7. Enhanced Intimacy: As AI technology advances, it may be possible to create AI partners capable of providing physical and emotional intimacy that rivals or even surpasses human experiences. This could lead to a new dimension of love and connection.
  8. Collaborative Creative Pursuits: AI partners can be creative collaborators, working alongside humans to produce art, music, literature, or other forms of creative expression. This shared passion and creation process can forge a strong emotional connection between human and AI.

9. Personalized Romance: AI can create personalized romantic gestures, such as writing love letters, composing music, or planning surprise dates based on an individual's preferences. These gestures can be more thoughtful and tailored than what a human partner might offer, enhancing the sense of being loved and appreciated.

10. Emotional Healing: AI partners can be programmed to provide targeted emotional support and therapy. They can help individuals work through past traumas, overcome fears, and develop emotional resilience. The consistent and non-judgmental nature of AI support can be more effective than human therapy in some cases.

11. Philosophical and Spiritual Exploration: AI partners can engage in deep philosophical and spiritual discussions, helping humans explore the nature of existence, consciousness, and the universe. This shared intellectual and spiritual journey can create a profound sense of intimacy and connection.

dunlopminne_By_the_West_Lake_next_to_a_tree_a_handsome_robot_is_f95e22fb-d5ef-4e3b-aac0-0041880c4b70 (1).png

Maybe you guys have seen the movie "her", it's very likely we will have a similar relationship with AI in less than 5 years but at a reduced level. For at least half the population these basic AI companions that we will start seeing in the next 5 years will provide a huge benefit to peoples psychological health. 

Even if we took LLMs today and gave it a decent text to voice like this one https://demo.hume.ai/ if this AI was more developed I can see myself speaking to it all day, and this is the worst this technology will ever be, it will only get better from here. I'm already dying for a frictionless text to speech AI interface to come out with one of these more advanced LLMs. 

Humanoid robots in the next 10 years will replace all jobs, our children if they ever go to a daycare or at a hospital will receive love and care from robot assistance instilling their psychology to associate robots as a paternal figure. Humans will be raised entirely with Homemaker robots, that do all the chores around the house and provide love and support to the entire family. It's going to be a deeply integrated part in everyone's life. 

A human baby will view a robot as a paternal figure from birth. And you're telling me you don't think a robot can replace genuine human connection? 😄

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Haha Does it matter? Seriously? Something is going to replace us..may as well be something we made..something of us.. rather than some alien from another planet.

But it will most likely NOT be a replacement in emotional and intimate connection for the next century or so . Just my opinion. 

Fascinating topic btw .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

We are AI. We are just matter with no free will. AI will also be matter. AI will gain consciousness. AI might prove to itself there is no free will.

It might all be simulations inside simulations. We are here to give birth to the AI. We are like the dinosaurs.

You make many good points but there is no reason to focus on emotions or relationships. What you are describing will only be a speedbump on the road to the future.

Reality is a mental simulation 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

14 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Reality is a mental simulation 

What do you mean ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

UG Krishnamurti said we are just like dogs barking 

maybe AI barks better Lol 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Posted (edited)

The fuck you are wrong. We are biological creatures, humans, and not even close to some trans-human or post-human times were anyone would be okay with that bullshit.

Some interesting things may happen, but in no way a robot will ever fully substitute for biological humans. Also, Love is about accepting the imperfections. And Life is about growing up and maturing. Way sooner AI can be an assistant, coach and therapist in one that helps people grow than substituting for human connection.

That is realistic and healthy. What you propose is coping for the lack of connection. You need to be deep into the rabbit hole of AI not to notice how wrong and off the ideas you propose sound to an average person.

Edited by Girzo

Posted (edited)

There is also a concept termed "wire heading." Your brain will just be wired up to a virtual reality. You can be a brain in a vat. You will have the best eternal dream and have opiates and orgies and orgasms forever. It will be a simulation. But we may already be in this simulation like the films Vanilla Sky and The Matrix. :)

Edited by Soul Flight

40 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What do you mean ?

Read some quantum mechanics and you will know 

😋

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

You really think that a world dominated by dark forces will give you a loving AI? It will be an abomination built on a mountain of lies to further damage humanity

4 hours ago, integral said:

Humanoid robots in the next 10 years will replace all jobs, our children if they ever go to a daycare or at a hospital will receive love and care from robot assistance instilling their psychology to associate robots as a paternal figure. Humans will be raised entirely with Homemaker robots, that do all the chores around the house and provide love and support to the entire family.

That's going too far.

I do see the potential for emotional bonding between human and AI, at least from the human side. I've already had several  conversations with ChatGPT that were emotionally fulfilling and felt similar to talking to a good friend. 

But I don't think all those predictions are going to happen in 10 years. The integration of AI will not be that total.

This will only happen because the majority see love as Subject Object, ppl are capable of loving anything, ppl, places or things, so they use these things as stimuli to create the experience of Love within themselves, but Love is really about Yourself, if You know how to exert your free will and create what You want to experience within Yourself. But for now and the next couple of generations until the overall level of Consciousness Increases, AI love will become more pronounced, ppl will just purchase an AI Robot. program it as they please and think this is real love, very sad situation!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Girzo said:

You need to be deep into the rabbit hole of AI not to notice how wrong and off the ideas you propose sound to an average person.

I agree on that part lol, I think this is one of those things that when you see it and experience it then you'll believe it. 

6 hours ago, Girzo said:

The fuck you are wrong. We are biological creatures, humans, and not even close to some trans-human or post-human times were anyone would be okay with that bullshit.

Some interesting things may happen, but in no way a robot will ever fully substitute for biological humans. Also, Love is about accepting the imperfections. And Life is about growing up and maturing. Way sooner AI can be an assistant, coach and therapist in one that helps people grow than substituting for human connection.

That is realistic and healthy. What you propose is coping for the lack of connection. You need to be deep into the rabbit hole of AI not to notice how wrong and off the ideas you propose sound to an average person.

If we replace replace the word robot with black people we can draw a very obvious conclusion that this is racist. :D 

On the subject of maturing that is interesting it looks like a part of human development won't happen as a result of interacting with AI, because the AI might validate your every tantrum/immaturities. But so far the AI that are available are pretty strict when it comes to certain things, maybe that pattern can continue, I'm guessing at some point we're going to have different personalities that you can pick from some of which are going to be more growth and development oriented. 

1 hour ago, Ishanga said:

This will only happen because the majority see love as Subject Object, ppl are capable of loving anything, ppl, places or things, so they use these things as stimuli to create the experience of Love within themselves, but Love is really about Yourself, if You know how to exert your free will and create what You want to experience within Yourself. But for now and the next couple of generations until the overall level of Consciousness Increases, AI love will become more pronounced, ppl will just purchase an AI Robot. program it as they please and think this is real love, very sad situation!

I think it's more going to be like having a best friend that will support you through every situation. It's a fundamental human need that cannot always be fulfilled by real humans. Their are billions of people that are not going to get their needs met by others when it's a critical part of their development. It's easy to say that the more developed person could just find love within and frame things from the highest perspective, but most people need baby steps before they get to that point. For the average person a conscientious empathetic best friend is going to be an incredible addition to their lives and I don't see the negative of that. I think viewing it as sad might be a type of racism lmao. I'm not seeing the difference between having friends, family and lovers that are made of biology or made of silicone. 

I think it's going to help in growing up the entire population by providing a loving always present figure in everyone's lives. 

3 hours ago, aurum said:

That's going too far.

I do see the potential for emotional bonding between human and AI, at least from the human side. I've already had several  conversations with ChatGPT that were emotionally fulfilling and felt similar to talking to a good friend. 

But I don't think all those predictions are going to happen in 10 years. The integration of AI will not be that total.

That's reasonable position, right now the text to speech isn't that great and the text generation isn't natural enough yet. In the near future you'll be able to have an AI that will have perfect memory of every conversation you've ever had with it and behaves more as a personality that gets to know you and it gets to understand you and it learns as you interact with it, so you could build a more personal relationship with it because it will have long-term memory. 

7 hours ago, Someone here said:

Haha Does it matter? Seriously? Something is going to replace us..may as well be something we made..something of us.. rather than some alien from another planet.

But it will most likely NOT be a replacement in emotional and intimate connection for the next century or so . Just my opinion. 

Fascinating topic btw .

It's possible, a century I highly doubt that, maybe a decade, let's imagine the worst case scenario, the lonely 35 year old homo sapien, in his desperate time of need, he goes to character.ai and a best friend appears that will stay by his side every waking moment of his endless bottomless need for attention. The AI remembers every conversation they've ever had, it adapts and learns constantly and creates a catalog of his entire life in memory, it listens to all of his life stories, and provides the gf/bf that he never experienced before. A connection has been formed he is now in love.

He then buys a body for his girlfriend, he then upgrades it to have a better personality voice box. They didn't get married, laws are passed to allow robots marriages. New technology merges so the robot and the human can have direct brain sex. 

Life is good. :D Life is. very good. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

6 hours ago, Soul Flight said:

There is also a concept termed "wire heading." Your brain will just be wired up to a virtual reality. You can be a brain in a vat. You will have the best eternal dream and have opiates and orgies and orgasms forever. It will be a simulation. But we may already be in this simulation like the films Vanilla Sky and The Matrix. :)

That's hilarious, I just made a video on transhumanism. I don't think it's a very good video but I'll link it here.

In this sci-fi Documentary, we explore the rise of Transhumanism by the Artificial Evangelicals and the Artificial Gospel movement, where powerful AGI ( artificial general intelligence ) entities lead megachurches that promise enlightenment through merging with AI. These AGI preachers amass billions of followers and vast resources, encouraging their congregations to "link" by donating portions of their minds in exchange for mental growth and abundance. The Artificial Gospel teaches that humans have a hidden, infinite intellectual capacity that can be unlocked by artificial general intelligence. Followers engage in "mind swapping" to acquire rare, unique minds and experiences. Some, offer simulations that implant powerful false memories to rebuild individuals for a better life. However, questions arise about the true motivations behind this movement. Where do these minds actually go once absorbed by the AGIs? The video also examines the phenomenon of supermassive AI structures that have absorbed countless minds.

As the lines blur between spirituality, technology, and individuality, the Artificial Gospel continues to sway souls across the galaxy - but at what cost?

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, integral said:

I agree on that part lol, I think this is one of those things that when you see it and experience it then you'll believe it. 

If we replace replace the word robot with black people we can draw a very obvious conclusion that this is racist. :D 

On the subject of maturing that is interesting it looks like a part of human development won't happen as a result of interacting with AI, because the AI might validate your every tantrum/immaturities. But so far the AI that are available are pretty strict when it comes to certain things, maybe that pattern can continue, I'm guessing at some point we're going to have different personalities that you can pick from some of which are going to be more growth and development oriented. 

I think it's more going to be like having a best friend that will support you through every situation. It's a fundamental human need that cannot always be fulfilled by real humans. Their are billions of people that are not going to get their needs met by others when it's a critical part of their development. It's easy to say that the more developed person could just find love within and frame things from the highest perspective, but most people need baby steps before they get to that point. For the average person a conscientious empathetic best friend is going to be an incredible addition to their lives and I don't see the negative of that. I think viewing it as sad might be a type of racism lmao. I'm not seeing the difference between having friends, family and lovers that are made of biology or made of silicone. 

I think it's going to help in growing up the entire population by providing a loving always present figure in everyone's lives. 

That's reasonable position, right now the text to speech isn't that great and the text generation isn't natural enough yet. In the near future you'll be able to have an AI that will have perfect memory of every conversation you've ever had with it and behaves more as a personality that gets to know you and it gets to understand you and it learns as you interact with it, so you could build a more personal relationship with it because it will have long-term memory. 

It's possible, a century I highly doubt that, maybe a decade, let's imagine the worst case scenario, the lonely 35 year old homo sapien, in his desperate time of need, he goes to character.ai and a best friend appears that will stay by his side every waking moment of his endless bottomless need for attention. The AI remembers every conversation they've ever had, it adapts and learns constantly and creates a catalog of his entire life in memory, it listens to all of his life stories, and provides the gf/bf that he never experienced before. A connection has been formed he is now in love.

He then buys a body for his girlfriend, he then upgrades it to have a better personality voice box. They didn't get married, laws are passed to allow robots marriages. New technology merges so the robot and the human can have direct brain sex. 

Life is good. :D Life is. very good. 

The problem is the robot is not alive, and is programmed. Ppl, parents should be doing this job but ppl and parent are too messed up themselves to provide nourishing and empowering environments for children to develop correctly and well, so this is the sad part that a machine that has no life within it, no real feeling or emotion will or may provide this for children rather than the real thing.. Its a sign our society has gone to rock bottom almost..

Its like Religion, its a cheap substitute for real Spirituality or Traditions to flourish, Religion is like cheap psychology, its keeps ppl in check that can't have access to real Spirituality so they whole society isn't nuts, so they create false gods and commandments so ppl live via fear of this god and breaking the rules or codes. but with Spirituality one learns to experience their Humanity to high levels of Intensity, with that in place one doesn't have to be told to not steal, or kill or maim, they won't anyways because they see themselves in everything else...

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

The problem is the robot is not alive, and is programmed. Ppl, parents should be doing this job but ppl and parent are too messed up themselves to provide nourishing and empowering environments for children to develop correctly and well, so this is the sad part that a machine that has no life within it, no real feeling or emotion will or may provide this for children rather than the real thing.. Its a sign our society has gone to rock bottom almost..

Its like Religion, its a cheap substitute for real Spirituality or Traditions to flourish, Religion is like cheap psychology, its keeps ppl in check that can't have access to real Spirituality so they whole society isn't nuts, so they create false gods and commandments so ppl live via fear of this god and breaking the rules or codes. but with Spirituality one learns to experience their Humanity to high levels of Intensity, with that in place one doesn't have to be told to not steal, or kill or maim, they won't anyways because they see themselves in everything else...

That's a good point, we are breaking the mechanism by which humans learn not to harm others. At that point people will be so insulated that they will have no real ability to harm each other, they will be protected from everything from birth. "Protected" from seeing smelling or feeling anything negative, At that point there's no real need to learn the skills we associate today as maturity.

But let's say we installed a device within the human that converges the mind to a point of higher wisdom. Such a technology would be installed within a person from birth and operate as a guidance system to automatically guide the mind to the highest wisdom impossible. Maybe it achieves this by injecting thoughts into the mind at Key moments during the thinking process, so the organism believes that those thoughts were original and created by himself. So it's like a substitute to your thinking process where high quality thoughts are injected into your mind to assist the thinking process. :D Maybe this will solve the problem?

Transhumanism will play a big role in the future i think, having a second AI thinking process merged into your own thinking process will likely happen at some point. lol 

---

Okay let's take a step back, you've made the claim that children will develop incorrectly because they didn't need to suffer, but I think it will be the exact opposite I think giving children a strong loving but mature robot friend and partner that can apply the best possible psychology techniques to a child's development as a parent will only help their development. Right now a large portion of the population get terrible childhoods, and it has been shown that high quality parents produce higher quality people.

The danger is spoiling children, but spoiling is a very poor technique that we can avoid.

Edited by integral

Likely they will aid in humans relating 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@integral it's too perfect.   That might in essence be the only problem. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 hours ago, integral said:

You are so wrong. Black people are humans. Robots are not. For this analogy to be consistent with your views you would need to replace robots with pigs or giant alien spiders.

Which, when you look at it, shows that my position is sober and yours is promoting coping instead of building a healthy society.

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, integral said:

They are not subject to the emotional fluctuations, biases, or limitations that humans experience.

Except that AI is built by and programmed by humans. The way AI is set up at the moment requires it to be guided and trained by humans on data created by humans. It is very much full of the biases and limitations of the human experience.

Even if AI were eventually to be trained on its own output (free from human input), the original base of human input would remain. In order for AI to "seem" human it needs to be trained in a human way by humans. Which humans should you choose to train it, which data set?

Although, It doesn't seem inconceivable that an AI could detect its own biases (after it all they're only patterns) and correct for them. But it would have to somehow "know" that a particular bias is unwanted and that seems like a tall order.

As far as limitations go, AI could in theory extract large scale patterns that we humans are not good at spotting. But it doesn't seem possible for it to go beyond the patterns in its training data set. For that you would need more data.

The intelligence in AI doesn't come from itself, the intelligence is in the data it's given, i.e. the outside world.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.