Frosty97

Is it possible to have more than one religion/ religious belief at the same time?

23 posts in this topic

Is it possible to have more than one religion/ religious belief at the same time?

If so, is it good or ok?

I am God. I am Love. I am Infinity. I am Frosty97.

It is possible 

I pull from many religions. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

9 minutes ago, Frosty97 said:

Is it possible to have more than one religion/ religious belief at the same time?

If so, is it good or ok?

When it comes to religion and things of this nature, all belief is disempowering, its much better to not know! "I do not KNow" is very empowering, it allows you to generally seek to know and your capabilities to seek are very much heightened.  Just look around here, many are into God, Infinity, nothing exists except Consciousness and this sort of stuff, but they are using real physical things everyday, having emotions come up when someone disagrees with them in this regard and so forth, so its a belief and it blinds them into a certain way of being which I would say is very Low consciousness!

When You Believe, you become Spiritually Blind, you settle in and think You know..As well Belief is from outside of You, stories per say, others call this doctrine or philosophy or scripture, whatever the source of information, your either hear it or see it, otherwise how to you form a belief, in the end its just a story, past based, and not real in the form of where is life located, past, future or Now? 

We can use belief to help us live another day, i believe the subway is here at this time, the store has food for me to buy, the car on the otherside of the street will stop when the light is red, etc etc..this is a combination of belief and trust, you still have to be alert and be here and now to see if it is real or not!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Belief is over rated. 

But, there is lots of spiritual nuggets from all the religions that are enjoyable to learn about, apply to life and enjoy

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 1.4.2024 at 5:39 PM, Frosty97 said:

Sure, it's called omnismhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnism.

On 1.4.2024 at 5:39 PM, Frosty97 said:

If so, is it good or ok?

Not only is it good and ok, it's also true. It's a holistic worldview that incorporates and is able to make sense of all religions as individual expressions of Truth, and therefore is at peace with itself and others.

"The magic you're looking for is in the work you're avoiding"

Posted (edited)

On 1/4/2024 at 5:39 PM, Frosty97 said:

Of course, I've been studying Comparative Religion for years. Studying Religion at its essence and in all its cultural manifestation has been a deeply fulfilling journey for me. Religion is much deeper than what they want you to believe. Experiencing the mystical states that each religion has to offer is extraordinary. The tao mystical state is different from the islamic mystical states and different from the animist mystical states. And you can experience them all!!!

It's amusing because you often find yourself knowing and comprehending more about someone's religion than the people who unquestioningly adhere to it.

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is wild. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes strong and mature. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT.                         Discipline this life & Realize Absolute Infinity

John Vervaeke calls himself a Buddhist Neoplatonist. Rupert Sheldrake is pretty much a Christian Hindu. Most contemporary nondualists integrate concepts from different religions (e.g. Sat-Chit-Ananda = The Holy Trinity = emptiness-form-energy).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 4/1/2024 at 10:47 AM, Thought Art said:

It is possible 

I pull from many religions. 

Yes, there are many who follow a syncretism of different religious systems. 

Zen is said to have emerged from a confluence of Taoism and Buddhism. 

Sikhism has many features of Islam and Hinduism in it. 

Mahatma Gandhi followed an amalgamation of Hinduism and Jainism, and much of his views on nonviolence stemmed from Jainism.

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

@Ajay0 Sikhism is a great synthesis from Islam and Hinduism. With the opennes and service of Jainism. Sikhist are usually very warm hearted and polite people.

Sikhism is worth the study and practice.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is wild. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes strong and mature. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT.                         Discipline this life & Realize Absolute Infinity

Depends on how open your mind is.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 4/1/2024 at 10:39 AM, Frosty97 said:

If so, is it good or ok?

I don't see how that would be possible if you truly believed in one thing your mind would be locked.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 4/2/2024 at 2:47 PM, Carl-Richard said:

John Vervaeke calls himself a Buddhist Neoplatonist. Rupert Sheldrake is pretty much a Christian Hindu. Most contemporary nondualists integrate concepts from different religions (e.g. Sat-Chit-Ananda = The Holy Trinity = emptiness-form-energy).

Yeah but that just means they have turned a compilation of a group of different beliefs into one.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I don't see how that would be possible if you truly believed in one thing your mind would be locked.

Just discard the belief there is just one true path and you are good to go.

Each Religion is a technology to access different mystical states.

33 minutes ago, Davino said:

Just discard the belief there is just one true path 

But then that would be your belief.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yeah but that just means they have turned a compilation of a group of different beliefs into one.

You have a serious thing for beliefs 😆

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You have a serious thing for beliefs 😆

I don't believe I do.  Yet, on further investigation there may be many beliefs to uncover that I never realized I subscribed to.  Who knows?  😀  I believe it's possible 😀

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

But then that would be your belief.

What is a belief? 

Religions are a web of beliefs. For you to arrive to Australia, you need to believe Australia actually exists. In the same way, each Religion guides you towards a room in the hotel of infinity.

Why is this worth it? Well, I was very surprised when I had a Taoist mystical awakening. It's extremely unique. These kind of things would have been rare to discover on my own.

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, Davino said:

What is a belief? 

Religions are a web of beliefs. For you to arrive to Australia, you need to believe Australia actually exists. In the same way, each Religion guides you towards a room in the hotel of infinity.

Why is this worth it? Well, I was very surprised when I had a Taoist mystical awakening. It's extremely unique. These kind of things would have been rare to discover on my own.

Let's be honest.  We are talking about God here- or a higher power.  In terms of that there can't be multiple beliefs.  If you believe there are multiple paths to God then that is your belief.  If you believe that there is no path that is also your belief.  You cannot escape a belief.   You can directly experience God but that is not part of this discussion.   In this case belief can be eluded.  The question was can you hold multiple beliefs.   It's tricky - but you can only hold one in your heart.   Not knowing which is true and holding your mind open is simply the belief that everything is possible. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It's not possible in the way that "You" are THE religious belief so can a belief have a belief?

But if you just take the idea of yourself for granted of course you can have all kinds of contradictory beliefs "at the same time" since "you" are a belief in time (which is the next/same belief) and the idea of a past where you had different beliefs is another belief so the moment you belief that there is a plurality of beliefs even possible and it's not all the same belief you buy into the whole cascade of beliefs believing in beliefs about beliefs. So you want the answer to your question? It's a belief.

Who could answer the question for you in a way that you don't need to belief just another next belief ("at the same time")?

~ There are infinite ways to reunite that which already is one ~