Jowblob

Got initiated into Kriya Yoga

93 posts in this topic

@Girzo 

Can you tell me about Mukherjee's pranayama? Have you experimented with spinal breathing? 

Apparently with Mukherjee's, it will naturally transform into ocean breathing with time, and since apparently all chakras are contained in ajna, it will achieve the same thing as the spinal breathing version, especially when you get good at it, you will feel each om vibrating at the corresponding chakra, while you only focus on the third eye, it tries to achieve the same thing naturally.

I'm confused about which type of pranayama to do and I keep changing my mind and not sticking to one, so I'm curious about if you experimented with spinal breathing

Posted (edited)

@Ayham I had experimented and ended up deciding to just do the breathing, with focus on the choosen point solely and the OMs mentally. I had decided that the other feelings like sounds, colors, chakras in the spine, etc., are tangential and not the core part of the practice. When they were there, that's great, but I wasn't trying to feel anything in the spine or something. I am no master, it's just what my intuition had told me at that time.

Edited by Girzo

@Ayham impressive that you were able to stick to kriya for so long. Did you get any results? Can you feel chi yet? 

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Posted (edited)

@Salvijus

I haven't stuck to it for long, I practiced last year for a while, switched to normal meditation, and I'm back on it right now but I'm unable to stick to it well because those 2 months will be extremely busy for me, like the busiest in my life so far lol (last year of highschool in an extremely competitive school with extra classes and a whole mess along with other personal matters), so I just practice whenever I can and I am working on achieving kechari.

Edited by Ayham

Posted (edited)

@Ayham oh I see. Most people don't stick to book yoga. That's why I was surprised.

You should get initiated into something. There are many benefits to it. One of which is it helps to stick to the practice somehow. Some kind energtic support is given and sort of grace is there that has influence in that regard. Among with other benefits. 

Edited by Salvijus

Like someone said before, with Real Kriya Yoga, the Guru initiates via transmission, he is the fire, you are the spark from the fire and want to become fire yourself, without the Guru's fire you don't exist on that level, so in the old days there was not much talking and convincing like there is today, this is because ppl were not as intellectual, they were too busy surviving and working to stay alive, so they were more grounded, and the Guru could easily transmit Spiritual Knowing to them, so in Kriya it is like this, Learning from a Book or video is not good, dangerous actually! and Switching methods is not good either, find a Guru then stick to that method for a long period of time, see what happens!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@Salvijus I don't really have much of an option of initiation, I am still not an adult and I'm from Iraq, which is hard to leave (I have an escape plan but it takes time)

I doubt there's any Kriya guru here lol

Have you been initiated? Was it transformative in a way?

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I've had a chance to receive initiations/transmissions from multiple sources. Yes there's a huge difference in my experience to the point I'm barely able to consider who are not initiated into anything spiritual at all. A bit like a joke to me they look. Even tho there was a time when I was doing things by myself uninitiated from the internet and I benefited from it. So it's a valid stage I guess. 

My belief is if you're genuine, your efforts will naturally lead to some place where you can receive an acceleration of some sort and take things to another level. And you look genuine so that's good:) 

45 minutes ago, Ayham said:

and I'm from Iraq, which is hard to leave (I have an escape plan but it takes time)

Oh I see. There are actually ways to get initiated online even. The important part I think is to figure out where you belong to karmicly first and what you resonate with the most. And then finding the next step becomes very easy. 

Edited by Salvijus

33 minutes ago, Ayham said:

@Salvijus I don't really have much of an option of initiation, I am still not an adult and I'm from Iraq, which is hard to leave (I have an escape plan but it takes time)

I doubt there's any Kriya guru here lol

Start off here, watch this video with Sadhguru, he explains it all on how to get started, you can go thru it all online, he is available to anyone that is willing, that is the important part, if Your Willing, it is available to You!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@Salvijus got it, so the difference is huge for you, and what do you mean by "where you belong to karmicly"

@Ishanga isn't sadhguru shambhavi kriya very watered down and made for a public audience?
it is quite different from kriya yoga as I know

4 minutes ago, Ayham said:

@Salvijus got it, so the difference is huge for you, and what do you mean by "where you belong to karmicly"

@Ishanga isn't sadhguru shambhavi kriya very watered down and made for a public audience?
it is quite different from kriya yoga as I know

As he says in public video's and in person (I've attended 3 programs with Sadhguru, 3 to 4 days for each one), Its just You and Him, plus if You can stop identifying with Space and Time, its available anywhere all the time, so its not "watered down" or less than any other method lol...I've researched other kriya methods, when I watched or read what they did it all related to shambhavi mahamudra and such, plus there are other programs/practices that Isha offers that are after one learns Shambhavi, so in my experience Shambhavi is very effective and powerful, you will feel its effects soon after you start practicing, and with the other tools offered in Isha's Inner Engineering program, one is on their way,,I will say its not a fast track, but its slow and steady so that one does not fall backwards at anytime!

i see, thanks for the detailed reply, i will look into it

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Ishanga said:

with Real Kriya Yoga, the Guru initiates via transmission, he is the fire, you are the spark from the fire and want to become fire yourself, without the Guru's fire you don't exist on that level

This is BS.

You don't need any guru to do a practice. And it is the practice that gives you the benefits, not the guru.

If a guru helps you stay motivated, that's understandable, but also you could just keep yourself motivated. You don't need a guru to go to the gym every day. And if you had a gym guru he would not grow your muscles for you.

These gurus BS you about initiation because its how they get business and maintain their monopoly. You could just do the practices on your own like a mature adult. Of course then the guru will be out of a job.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is BS.

You don't need any guru to do a practice. And it is the practice that gives you the benefits, not the guru.

If a guru helps you stay motivated, that's understandable, but also you could just keep yourself motivated. You don't need a guru to go to the gym every day. And if you had a gym guru he would not grow your muscles for you.

These gurus BS you about initiation because its how they get business and maintain their monopoly. You could just do the practices on your own like a mature adult. Of course then the guru will be out of a job.

@Leo Gurabut isn't a guru still beneficial as soneone pointing out the specific traps a deciple has like you do? 

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, Starlight321 said:

@Leo Gurabut isn't a guru still beneficial as soneone pointing out the specific traps

Of course.

But the guru himself is also a trap. A good guru must teach you that.

Edited by Leo Gura

18 hours ago, Jowblob said:

@Ayham teacher is called veda guru dev and his guru was : Swami Vedananda Saraswati (Sannyasa, Swami, Bharmarcharya, Yogi) Who's Ashram Is Located In Dwarahat (State of Uttarakhand, India) 

@Javfly33 thank you man, you actually made me remember/realize some things when i was god. Yes you're right that kriya's were created by your highest self, and the reason it's always accessable because when you're in the god mode you can't really edit anything because everything what is there is already perfect and you're perfectly selfless. Basically you're so conscious that you see through all aspects of reality and all is perfect

Don't listen to people talking about your nervous system or energy systems burning out....why? Because nothing will fry your system or overload it like psychedelics. If you have taken psychedelics you have already altered and messed with your energy systems. So you don't actually need to do all that other stuff they said. They are warning you because there have been some edge cases of people claiming to have fried their energy systems due to having a kundalini awakening. But again you can trigger one through psychedelic use and fry your system.

Kriya Yoga isn't more powerful than psychedelics so your fine. But it can be very powerful and disorienting if you have never done any psychedelics or any other spiritual practices that impacted or changed the energetic flow within you.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

But again you can trigger one through psychedelic use and fry your system.

That's not an argument in your favor.

You can damage your system with psychedelics. And this is not a good thing.

You should be careful with activating kundalini, so you don't harm yourself.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You should be careful with activating kundalini, so you don't harm yourself.

I believe this where guru is important, Kriya Yoga can stimulate your Kundalini and awaken it easily resulting in release of immense energies that you cant control that could cause pain in the spine, dizziness and or hallucinations and some other side effect and in worst cases burn your nervous system, guru can help you manage all this.

I was stupid with my practices (didn't take the warnings serious at all) and now I'm suffering some side effects of it for years.

Edited by TheSelf

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, TheSelf said:

guru can help you manage all this.

Let's get real. What is Sadhguru gonna do for you if you accidentally activate kundalini in the wrong way?

You're never even gonna get access to him over email. So I just can't take this stuff seriously.

Once you activate your kundalini, you're stuck with it. No one is gonna save you.

Edited by Leo Gura