CroMagna

Fear Of Christian Hell

81 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2024 at 0:20 AM, Leo Gura said:

Just recognize that it isn't grounded in anything more than stories you were indoctrinated with as a child.

It's child abuse, really.

There is zero emprical evidence that God sends non-Catholics to hell. And it makes no sense why God would do such a silly thing. Do dogs go to hell for not being Catholics? Lol. Are we to believe that all the aliens around the universe go to hell because they aren't Catholics? This is a cartoonishly biased notion.

If you really believe in a loving God, then such a God would forgive you for mistaken beliefs, not punish you for it.

Yes, thank you for a useful and loving response. It's the Truth, God forgives absolutely everything.

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

Hell is very real. You should work on your salvation with fear and tremble.

God is good. 

One thing I keep hearing from Christians  -and sounds like a fairy good point- is that the Bible has predicted several things that are currently happening. Escalating war, increasing frequency of natural disasters, Euphrates river drying up, progression towards a globalized government, even the moon turning red. Apparently the Bible says the moon is supposed to turn red right before the end times and they’ve recently found rust at the north and south poles. 

Whats the explanation to that?

13 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

One thing I keep hearing from Christians  -and sounds like a fairy good point- is that the Bible has predicted several things that are currently happening. Escalating war, increasing frequency of natural disasters, Euphrates river drying up, progression towards a globalized government, even the moon turning red. Apparently the Bible says the moon is supposed to turn red right before the end times and they’ve recently found rust at the north and south poles. 

Christ fulfilled over 300 prophecies !!

14 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

Lunar eclipses have always existed as far as I know

I had a fear of hell a long time ago. I learned things that changed my belief and thus my fear.

I was open to the Bible has been subjected to wrongful interpretation and mistranslation. The idea of hell is actually living on earth as a human, we are practically in hell now. Only here we can be burned, tortured and experience famine etc. As we are in a human body, we can experience all the pain possible described in this "hell". As we die, we are not material anymore, we are the opposite, a soul. A soul cannot be burned, tortured and be effected by famine. As material phenomenon cannot have an effect on the soul, cause its non-material. This is how the idea of hell was misinterpreted imow. Not only do I not fear hell anymore, I do not believe it even exists.

20 hours ago, Cheese said:

I had a fear of hell a long time ago. I learned things that changed my belief and thus my fear.

I was open to the Bible has been subjected to wrongful interpretation and mistranslation. The idea of hell is actually living on earth as a human, we are practically in hell now. Only here we can be burned, tortured and experience famine etc. As we are in a human body, we can experience all the pain possible described in this "hell". As we die, we are not material anymore, we are the opposite, a soul. A soul cannot be burned, tortured and be effected by famine. As material phenomenon cannot have an effect on the soul, cause its non-material. This is how the idea of hell was misinterpreted imow. Not only do I not fear hell anymore, I do not believe it even exists.

Your soul is more sensitive than your flesh. 

IMG_0303.png

On 3/26/2024 at 4:12 PM, Cheese said:

Everything exists. God can imagine anything. But no God isn't going to throw humans into hell for acting like Devils.

Why because God designed them and God is them!! Why would God torture itself for eternity for some small acts that in the grand scheme of the universe mean nothing?

Now...God can create a religion, fool itself into believing it deserves to be punished, and have a mystical experience where it goes to hell and is temporarily punished. But that is just God experiencing an aspect of itself.

So hell is just as real as anything else. Also...to God everything is heaven, hell is a projection of a limited form of God.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

21 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Everything exists. God can imagine anything. But no God isn't going to throw humans into hell for acting like Devils.

Why because God designed them and God is them!! Why would God torture itself for eternity for some small acts that in the grand scheme of the universe mean nothing?

Now...God can create a religion, fool itself into believing it deserves to be punished, and have a mystical experience where it goes to hell and is temporarily punished. But that is just God experiencing an aspect of itself.

So hell is just as real as anything else. Also...to God everything is heaven, hell is a projection of a limited form of God.

Being separated from God's goodness forever is a choice. 

What's left then is only anguish for all eternity. 

On 3/31/2024 at 8:06 AM, MellowEd said:

You are so deluded, I'm glad humans don't get God's power because if you did you would actually judge your creation. 

It's such a good thing God is good and not actually anything like you silly Christians believe.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Posted (edited)

On 3/31/2024 at 7:06 AM, MellowEd said:

I doubt anyone on Earth actually wants to suffer eternally, and even if they say they do I still doubt that.

God isn't so petty, or so foolishly cruel to even think of eternal punishment. That pettiness is but the paranoia of men.

If that's really what you believe, then God's an even worse parent then I am, and that doesn't make any sense.

This is basically how you sound:

Edited by tuku747

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, tuku747 said:

I doubt anyone on Earth actually wants to suffer eternally, and even if they say they do I still doubt that.

God isn't so petty, or so foolishly cruel to even think of eternal punishment. That pettiness is but the paranoia of men.

If that's really what you believe, then God's an even worse parent then I am, and that doesn't make any sense.

This is basically how you sound:

That's as funny as Hell xDxD😈🤣😹🤘👌

Edited by Jehovah increases

Love is the λόγος' of humanity. The very important thing is to Love all flora and fauna of all kinds of species that inhabit the environment. Whether you call it Mother Earth or Gaia etc." To love all beings in the world and Universe with unconditionally Love and unbiased. Humanity doesn't mean only love it includes compassion peace and being kind generous to one another and non-judgmental and having more respect for others, especially your elders. Trying to always see the best in people. Being more authentic and more genuine and having moral integrity and values. Try to think for yourselves somewhere along the way humans have lost the ability to independent thought. Forgive all, especially yourselves, and always speak well of everyone because you never know what they're going through or have been through. Always be there for your family and friends and above all just be you and recognize and embrace your individuality, your own unique beautiful self. Try and love yourself a bit more every day and never stop dreaming or using your wonderful human Imagination.❤♾❤?    

11 hours ago, Razard86 said:

You are so deluded, I'm glad humans don't get God's power because if you did you would actually judge your creation. 

It's such a good thing God is good and not actually anything like you silly Christians believe.

Justice is good. Those who reject Christ should fear his rightseousness.

Mercy is also good.

The problem is that you're not trying to "face your fear", but instead are trying to "get rid of it". You are already thinking about it from within your fearful mindset.

You buy into the fear and you want it to be gone, but the only reason you want it to be gone is because you believe in it to begin with. If you believed that it was just random nonsense, you wouldn't assign much meaning to it. But to you, it's not just "random nonsense". You believe it to be a fundamental aspect of your reality and you want to get rid of it in order to fundamentally change your reality. It wouldn't change anything. You would just find another thing to be fearful of.

The only way is to face the fear. Face your emotions. Face your thoughts. Face yourself! You are the source of this fear. You are the thing that has to be investigated here.

Why do you NOT trust in God? You think God is some kind of malevolent force that will punish with eternal suffering for... what crime exactly? What "evil" thing is it that you want, which would prompt the "wisest", "most intelligent", "most loving" and "most forgiving" force in existence to think that you are so evil that you deserve to burn for all of eternity? What could a tiny, little human do, to upset God to such a degree?

You fear stems from a fundamental misunderstanding of God. Hell is very much real, but it's not what you think it is and you are not just going to go there because you somehow made the literal creator of EVERYTHING upset. To think that a human has so much power over God, to a point where they can make God genuinely want to punish them (as if God was following human logic which is to punish criminals), is human centric bs. We think that we are so important in the grand scheme.

beep boop

I fled Catholicism because I could no longer allow myself to be run by a belief system that was imposed onto me.

A lot of what I’m doing now is opposite of what a perfect Catholic should be doing, yet I feel much more empowered and authentic.

Hell, for me, would be if I was forced to obey rules that go against my authentic self.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

A lot of what I’m doing now is opposite of what a perfect Catholic should be doing, yet I feel much more empowered and authentic.

Hell, for me, would be if I was forced to obey rules that go against my authentic self.

:x👌

Love is the λόγος' of humanity. The very important thing is to Love all flora and fauna of all kinds of species that inhabit the environment. Whether you call it Mother Earth or Gaia etc." To love all beings in the world and Universe with unconditionally Love and unbiased. Humanity doesn't mean only love it includes compassion peace and being kind generous to one another and non-judgmental and having more respect for others, especially your elders. Trying to always see the best in people. Being more authentic and more genuine and having moral integrity and values. Try to think for yourselves somewhere along the way humans have lost the ability to independent thought. Forgive all, especially yourselves, and always speak well of everyone because you never know what they're going through or have been through. Always be there for your family and friends and above all just be you and recognize and embrace your individuality, your own unique beautiful self. Try and love yourself a bit more every day and never stop dreaming or using your wonderful human Imagination.❤♾❤?    

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

We think that we are so important in the grand scheme.

What grand scheme? Scheming sounds a lot like religion to me if there is a buck to be made from it. 

Take from this what you will. It's from a good friend of mine Mr Neville Goddard.

You are told that God became man and that man may become God. You may think you are the man that God, as another, became, but I tell you: you are the God who became man, that man may become you! Because my visions which parallel scripture are accurate, I can boldly say that what I have just told you is true. In the 82nd Psalm we are the speaker, speaking to ourselves, saying: "I say, 'You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you; nevertheless, you will die like men and fall as one man, O princes.'"

We are the sons of the Most High, and we and our creator are one. Although we are now in a world of men, we have been promised that posterity will serve us and tell of the Lord who wrought it. You and I actually became human, that humanity may become spirit - as we are! You are not a little worm that God became. You were God before you devised the grand experiment, knowing it was the only way that man could become as you are!

Edited by Jehovah increases

Lying and stealing feels bad. Should disobedience towards an all powerfull God be nothing?