CroMagna

Fear Of Christian Hell

81 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

You don't understand what's it's like unless you've become fully indocrrined into it from birth.  And bought into it.  

It's impossible to get out of.  Just like materialism.  It's burned into you. 

I was raised Christian. It's not impossible to get out of it. Many people in Spirituality were raised Christian. What helped me was I was raised in an overly strict denomination of Christianity called Seventh Day Adventism. If my denomination wasn't so strict, I doubt I would have escaped as the tension from that religion made me really question God/Reality. 

That denomination like the Jews believe you go to hell if you don't observe the Sabbath Day. I really don't understand how these silly notions last the test of time. Humans are really silly creatures on certain levels. 

What really helps you escape religion is the fact that majority of people in religion do not love like Jesus loves. Had they loved like Jesus loved, THEN it would be impossible to leave. The trap, is through love. If they are very fearful you will eventually leave. My Dad wasn't the best Christian, which helped me escape the Christian indoctrination.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

4 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

There are some who don't have that extra gear you have - to break free.  They cannot think outside of the paradigm they were brought up in.  I always held out that there was no God - so that kept the beliefs at bay.  But there are many that don't.  And for them breaking free is near impossible. 

Wish more people realised this.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

There are some who don't have that extra gear you have - to break free.  They cannot think outside of the paradigm they were brought up in.  I always held out that there was no God - so that kept the beliefs at bay.  But there are many that don't.  And for them breaking free is near impossible. 

May be true in some cases but I think this is mostly BS.

In some level they already recognize that deep down what they're really doing is believing (pretending); behind one's fervor and conviction, we fundamentally don't know. The discomfort of uncertainty might be what drives the need to believe in the first place. The condition of uncertainty remains but it is just covered up with "knowledge" and hearsay. Given that, I don't think it's hard to see how it is an activity of your making -- how it is taking a thought as true whose reality hasn't been personally and directly experienced).

"My religion is not deceiving myself." – Milarepa.

Edited by UnbornTao

Hell is a state of mind so it does exist. It is just not a physical state although one can materialize an actual hell. The biblical cities Sodom and Gomorra have reincarnated in nowadays society. As those immoral cities our civilization is slowly decaying whipping itself out because of sexual and gender perversions. 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

The biblical cities Sodom and Gomorra have reincarnated in nowadays society.

That story is actually about rape. Anything else is religious BS.

Edited by Understander

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

May be true in some cases but I think it's mostly BS.

In some level they already recognize that deep down what they're really doing is believing (pretending), that behind all their fervor, there's fundamental ignorance. This might manifest in the need to believe in the first place. So I don't think it's hard to see how it is an activity of your making -- thinking that X is true without having it experienced directly oneself.

"My religion is not deceiving myself." – Milarepa.

I'm sure there is someone in your life that you can refer to on this topic.   Now try talking to them about looking beyond their current worldview.  About open mindedness. There are two things that will always hold them back.  One - they don't care about the nature or reality- and two - they are sp bought into this illusion that questioning it isn't on the table.  Thats why very few awaken.   And that's why God has them right where he wants them.   Immersed in the dream.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Understander said:

That story is actually about rape. Anything else is religious BS.

It is about sexual immorality 

2 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

In some level they already recognize that deep down what they're really doing is believing (pretending), that behind all their fervor, there's fundamental ignorance.

What if you've been brought up to pretend? In fact, all you ever knew was pretending? How could this then be recognised as ignorance?

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, meta_male said:

What if you've been brought up to pretend? In fact, all you ever knew was pretending? How could this then be recognised as ignorance?

He's not exploring something beyond his perspective.   This is his perspective but there are others. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

He's not exploring something beyond his perspective.   This is his perspective but there are others. 

Letting go the concept of hell is like letting go the concept of physical pain. Just stab yourself and let go, it's a belief and you can confirm for yourself you won't suffer.

But of course his alarm bells will ring. That's how hard it is to let go of a belief.

19 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

It is about sexual immorality

Be careful not to use that to justify what you find disgusting.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, meta_male said:

Letting go the concept of hell is like letting go the concept of physical pain. Just stab yourself and let go, it's a belief and you can confirm for yourself you won't suffer.

But of course his alarm bells will ring. That's how hard it is to let go of a belief.

Its even deeper than that.. For some a belief is everything they have - its directly tied to their entire identity.  So unwinding this would be to unwind their entire identity. You have no idea how deep this goes. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

You have no idea how deep this goes. 

I grew up in a cult. I wish I didn't know how deep this goes...

1 minute ago, meta_male said:

I grew up in a cult. I wish I didn't know how deep this goes...

How did you break free?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Lots of research into the history of the group. It took two years until I finally came to terms that I'm in a cult and my life has been a lie, then the suffering got too much.

It's been eight years now and I haven't fully broken free, there are still big shadows I'm not aware of.

8 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

About time you said something useful 

Lmao. Amen.

Why so serious?

Just now, meta_male said:

@Inliytened1 Lots of research into the history of the group. It took two years until I finally came to terms that I'm in a cult and my life has been a lie, then the suffering got too much.

It's been eight years now and I haven't fully broken free, there are still big shadows I'm not aware of.

There will always be past trauma..but I congratulate you for becoming aware of what was going on.  We will always carry our past with us.  We need broad shoulders but we must walk tall.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

There will always be past trauma..but I congratulate you for becoming aware of what was going on.  We will always carry our past with us.  We need broad shoulders but we must walk tall.

Yeah. I'm still working on coming to terms with this, it's a long and slow process but getting better. Appreciate the words 🙏

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just recognize that it isn't grounded in anything more than stories you were indoctrinated with as a child.

It's child abuse, really.

There is zero emprical evidence that God sends non-Catholics to hell. And it makes no sense why God would do such a silly thing. Do dogs go to hell for not being Catholics? Lol. Are we to believe that all the aliens around the universe go to hell because they aren't Catholics? This is a cartoonishly biased notion.

If you really believe in a loving God, then such a God would forgive you for mistaken beliefs, not punish you for it.

Thanks Leo!  Great to hear from you!  Thank you for your excellent work!