Yali

Sadhguru undergoes emergency brain surgery after ‘life-threatening bleeding’

333 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ishanga said:

p.s. IMo and research, the ppl that volunteer are not slaves, they can leave whenever they want!

You don't understand how cults work...

3 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Well that is depressing. Don´t you think If you elevate your consciousness radically you can conscious create inner chemistry?

@Leo Gura For example, I remember some years ago in an LSD trip I became so conscious I was infinite reality that just to see what I was capable of I started snapping my fingers and with each I snap I consciously created inner feelings, from stimulation, to peacefulness, to stillness, it was pretty crazy. That was pure Consciousness, pure Power. 

If one gets to such a level of realization why not? Obviously is debatable Sadhguru has gotten there, seeing the latest news, I´ll give you that.

Watch out for spiritual fantasies.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura So you think he is full of BS?

I said all that based on studying his materials and videos, not my personal believes.

Edited by m0hsen

1 hour ago, Yali said:

@Princess Arabia If you read the article linked to this post, you would know that Sadhguru was suffering from severe headaches for several days. He then checked himself into a hospital, where massive bleeding in his brain was detected.  

We're speaking about suffering here not pain. They are two different things. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

So you think he is full of BS?

No.

You have invented various kinds of spiritual fantasies by misinterpreting things he said and making all sorts of assumptions.

And then some fraction of what he says is Hindu BS.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

Spiritual essence lives in and through the elemental - elements that perish and are subject to the laws of entropy. 

You can orient the software of your biology towards bliss or despair but you can't reprogram/alter the hardware of it.

Biology is the iron track life runs on - whilst you can switch lanes, God or evolution hasn't yet decided to lay down new tracks - and neither can you.

Edited by zazen

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Watch out for spiritual fantasies.

Watch out for 1008 full moons 🌑 

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Leo Gura Please let me know what you interpret from this video of him talking about Avadhanis, someone how unlocks his minds capabilities to perform 8 actions at the same time to whoping thousands actions he calls Sahasradhani.

He talks quite a lot about yogis with extraordinary capabilities.

Just watch a few of his vids, not sure how one can misinterprete such obvious clear stuff he talks about.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

Please let me know what you interpret from this video of him talking about Avadhanis, someone how unlocks his minds capabilities to perform 8 actions at the same time to whoping thousands actions he calls Sahasradhani.

I'm not going to engage in that.

Sadhguru can tell you tall tales all day long. I'm not going to bother taking them seriously because this stuff is impossible to verify unless you achieve those abilities yourself.

If you want to pursue those abilities, go ahead. But in the end you might discover that you wasted 10 years of your life chasing a Hindu tall tale.

Edited by Leo Gura

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

[...] addicted to meaning and purpose. And these things are illusions.

What do you mean by that? Isn't having a life purpose the best way to live? Or do you mean you shouldn't get too attached to it?

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

Just now, vibv said:

What do you mean by that? Isn't having a life purpose the best way to live? Or do you mean you shouldn't get too attached to it?

Play the illusion of meaning and purpose just because what else there is to do - but know it is a game. 

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, vibv said:

People will use life purpose to avoid doing a serious inquiry into consciousness.
(And I'm not saying Sadhguru did that. But I am saying Owen did that).

Obviously Owen is free to live out his life playing in Maya if he so wishes. I just hoped he was more intelligent than that.

Live your life however you want. But if you want serious consciousness then that requires deconstructing certain illusions. This doesn't mean life purpose is wrong, but you will want to become conscious of its true nature and how it is part of your survival game.

Most people are very deeply stuck playing in Maya. Like Elon Musk and all the other billionaires. And that's what Owen is chasing.

Sadhguru is doing something more advanced.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not going to engage in that.

Sadhguru can tell you tall tales all day long. I'm not going to bother taking them seriously because this stuff is impossible to verify unless you achieve those abilities yourself.

If you want to pursue those abilities, go ahead. But in the end you might discover that you wasted 10 years of your life chasing a Hindu tall tale.

It's not about pursuing abilities per say but the fundamental part of his work is those practices he offers promised to distance you or free from your genetics and elevate your consciousness, 

And you said no ammount of spiritual practices are going to get you this, which questions his main teachings, so at the end do you think he is genuine or not? Or how you see him and his teachings? What do you think he is?

Having studied his work and watched many of his videos seeing him in hospital is actually shocking cause that means he himself is not there yet or he just tell stories and his methods probably doesn't work.

Edited by m0hsen

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sadhguru is doing something more advanced

Very important to acknowledge this.

Which is why I don't go out of my way to criticize him.

He was admitted to a hospital in a critical condition and people are criticising him for it. Jeez give it a break.

Yeah he overworked in some unfortunate circumstances. Sometimes we do that as humans. Just allow it. 

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's called religion.

Islam has 1 billion followers. So what?

Sadhguru is exploiting those people for free labor. Classic cult tactic. If their labor is so important, how about paying them?

2 billion

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

so at the end do you think he is genuine or not? Or how you see him and his teachings? What do you think he is?

He's a very spiritually advanced guy and his methods have value.

He is genuine.

But these Hindu yogis love to tell tall tales. None of them are invincible. Their life hangs by a thread, just like all of us. Their health could crash any day.

The only problem is when you adopt fantasies about how awakening will give you superpowers. Just do your yoga without the Hindu superpower tall tales.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

We're speaking about suffering here not pain.

I don't think anyone is immune to suffering the extreme sensations of pain that can result from lack of health. @Princess Arabia

Edited by Yali

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Yali said:

I don't think anyone is immune to suffering the extreme sensations of pain that result from lack of health. @Princess Arabia

Ok. You just have the same meaning to the two different words as I do. I look at pain as physical and suffering as mental, even though they are one of the same. Having pain and suffering the fact that you're in pain to me is totally different. Very subtle. You can still suffer long after the pain is gone. We don't have to get into this as we won't see eye to eye on this even though I get where you're coming from. I just have a different look on it.

You can have physical pain without suffering and you can suffer without having physical pain. The suffering is the mental stories about the pain and the physical pain is just the sensations felt, raw and unfiltered.

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Posted (edited)

This is a good reminder for you guys to take your health seriously. No angel is gonna save you if you screw it up.

Sadhguru is giving you the real lesson here, better than any of his stories.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

I look at pain as physical and suffering as mental

I look at pain and suffering in the same way. I don't think anyone, including someone who is "enlightened", will not suffer mentally from the extreme sensations of pain that can result from lack of health. @Princess Arabia