Zeroguy

Jack of all trades or master of one

14 posts in this topic

What will earn you more money and how about quality of life,what would you pick?

Posted (edited)

Bad post iMO, many other threads + Leo's videos address the topic appropriately.

Rule says maximize you inner stability first.

Abide by the law while maximizing your income, then chase contribution and your purpose.

I'm actually against self-discovery while earning as much as possible because one's ethical considerations can come in conflict with financial goals. Ignorance works better for capital, especially in marketing and competetiveness.

Edited by Felliks
competetion

In this day and age, you should opt to become the jack of trades rather than specializing in one. That should give you more returns than the other.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, often times better than master of one". I think you should aim to be a jack of trades with skills that work well together and synthesize to form a unique and valuable skill set. I also think its possible to master many areas of life. Take leo for example, he has a very high degree of skill in philosophy, spirituality, speaking/communication, game design, programming, graphic design, marketing, etc and it all blends together to form something that very few people have.

7 hours ago, Phil King said:

"Jack of all trades, master of none, often times better than master of one". I think you should aim to be a jack of trades with skills that work well together and synthesize to form a unique and valuable skill set. I also think its possible to master many areas of life. Take leo for example, he has a very high degree of skill in philosophy, spirituality, speaking/communication, game design, programming, graphic design, marketing, etc and it all blends together to form something that very few people have.

Well said! 

One

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Be a master in being a jack of all trades and be jack of all trades in mastering.

Only by mastering you will understand the true nature of the subject and only by being a jack of all trades you will discover the patterns within mastering. You will discover it's fractal nature.

It's both and none of them at the same time.

I'm some sense of reality you don't really have the option to be one or the other. to have functioning life you need to have wide set of practical skills. Cook, clean, social, financiel, just to name a few. 

From an earnings perspective, then you need differentiation to make yourself very valuable since you are the only one who can do a spesific task or topic very well. For this you moreso need to move into a "blue ocean" where the competition is low for such skills, as in very frew have them, but they are still very much actively needed. 

You probably need to think just as much about yourself, as you think abbout the objective "mater of one, or jack of all". Since you most likely make the difference up between which one you should pursure.

I am myself thinking master of one. Or well. You can always devide up, and integrate fields again, so furth that you can interpret it as someone being a master or a jack. If you want it to be so.

You get paid for what you are good at. There is plenty of mediocre people, but if you wanna get paid a lot and be highly valuable you gotta choose one thing. 

Also, it is to be noted that some industry are winner take all, so in those industry you need to be the best so focus on one thing.

Other jobs/ professions may be more suited to people who are more shallow in their ability but they also tend to earn less.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

@Zeroguy

On 2024-03-12 at 1:45 PM, Zeroguy said:

What will earn you more money and how about quality of life,what would you pick?

I would pick being a jack of all trades mastering one thing: JACKING ALL TRADES! Balancing expertise and finesse with emotional intuition.

Edited by Danioover9000

When it comes to Life itself, and our ability to Realize Life in a real experiential way on a daily basis, You have to establish a stable base Emotionally (no stress response) and Energetically, so that everyday no matter what Your Peaceful/Blissful of Your own nature, this is not intellectual in any sense. Then Life will open up to You in tremendous ways, Enlightenment if that is what You want will be in Your grasp, just find a method that gets you there..

In regards to Money and such, Master of One is the way, find something and Master it, then from there learn supplementary skills to back it all up.  Stallone wrote and starred in Rocky, he tried in the 90's to get out of that stereotype and try comedy and drama but it didn't work, so he went back to action and things that he is a master at, Bruce Lee the same things, stick to what Your best at, but learn other minor skills along the way... 

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

Be a King of all trades. Master of all. Excellence is a way of life.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Best way to go would to be the master of one first and then go after jack of all trades. But in reality it is hard to find that one trade you'd find value specializing in. Actual programs usually train you to become the jack of trades first because no one knows what you'll be doing in the future.