Princess Arabia

The Upsides/Downsides of The Forum

50 posts in this topic

upsides - place to discuss stuff i don't in real life

downsides - people with bad social skills/awareness playing favourites on who can discuss stuff. Or who assume others are as unhappy and morose as they are, or who project a weird inner worldview onto others. and then preach how smart they are but don't wish to see the blind spots. 

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, bebotalk said:

upsides - place to discuss stuff i don't in real life

That was obvious. You're ashamed of your biases. Anonymity.

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

6 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

That was obvious. You're ashamed of your biases. Anomitity 

I am too. Where else I say that I listen to Sadhguru exclusive religiously, try to implement radical ideas of Osho and Nithyanada which I think work better than those I learned in school and that I have a bondage/latex fetish. Where else if not here? Isn't it funny how repressed society acctually is? It's quite phenomenal. Not that all of that even mattered that I said it, but there would be actual people who would spend significant amount of time to give a shit about that and to gossip and compare endlessly and create a story around you just because they either didn't like you, they genuinely tought there is something wrong with you or they had nothing better to do with their life. But no, your cognition is so much more sophisticated and flexible that you don't need to feel guilty for who you are. Period. But there are real consequences to expressing your sexuality or say that you listen to everything some guru is saying. Due to social conditioning I am bound to feel ashamed, and to a point I am and probably will be for the rest of my life.

7 hours ago, Applegarden8 said:

I am too. Where else I say that I listen to Sadhguru exclusive religiously, try to implement radical ideas of Osho and Nithyanada which I think work better than those I learned in school and that I have a bondage/latex fetish. Where else if not here? Isn't it funny how repressed society acctually is? It's quite phenomenal. Not that all of that even mattered that I said it, but there would be actual people who would spend significant amount of time to give a shit about that and to gossip and compare endlessly and create a story around you just because they either didn't like you, they genuinely tought there is something wrong with you or they had nothing better to do with their life. But no, your cognition is so much more sophisticated and flexible that you don't need to feel guilty for who you are. Period. But there are real consequences to expressing your sexuality or say that you listen to everything some guru is saying. Due to social conditioning I am bound to feel ashamed, and to a point I am and probably will be for the rest of my life.

Sadhguru is the best. 

Posted (edited)

There's no downside.. it's not a random thing that you ended up here.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

13 hours ago, puporing said:

There's no downside.. it's not a random thing that you ended up here.

Well, I guess there are no upsides either. Can't have one without the other, relatively speaking. 

Nothing to add but in both Upsides/Downsides; This wandering of the mind can lead to a range of experiences :P.

-------------------------------------------------------

In life's waltz, where shadows sway,
Direct experiences, our guiding ray.
Upside-down, we rise to learn,
In each turn, wisdom we discern.

On 2024-03-10 at 1:26 PM, Applegarden8 said:

There was a guy called Origins who abused user Modmyth. Then there was an admin who made a copycat version of this forum. We will have those.

I can't believe anyone here remembers all of this. What a trainwreck that was.

A lot of the original people who were here either got booted or left of their own accord anyway.

Homofobia from users talking they are God

On 3/9/2024 at 9:00 PM, Princess Arabia said:

Upsides:

*Interaction with different people from all over the world and having an online community where like-minded people gather to discuss similar topics of interests.

* Asking/Giving advice that may help to improve one's life.

*Able to share and post interesting and/or informative videos as a way of expanding our knowledge base. 

*Receiving feedback to certain issues we share via comments, posts or videos that may open our minds to see from a different perspective.

*A way to perhaps reduce loneliness in some who are introverts and rather not be out and about unnecessarily and would rather engage online. (more about that later).

*A way for everybody introverted or extroverted to interact on the spot when the urge arises without going transporting.

*Doesn't have to respond to unwanted and unnerving conversations that might otherwise cause conflicts in person.

*Share interesting and enlightening insights that could be life-changing in a positive way.

*Can remain anonymous while doing all the above.

Downsides: 

*Can become addictive.

*Can take away from productivity of one's personal goals and achievements if too much time is spent on there.

*Can cause one to not be able to be in the present from having to go back to previous conversations that were otherwise forgotten (not sure about this being a downside or a negative). This one needs to be seen through to be understood with clarity, it's very tricky,

*Causes one to neglect human contact because it is enough to interact online without recognizing the pitfalls in just doing so.

*One can not care how they come across because of it's anonymous nature and can become rude and obnoxious as a result.

*If not careful, can contribute to more loneliness because of it's nature to be impersonal.

*Can lead to one being misled from improper guidance or wrong information that was trusted to be correct. (Seek professional advice for serious issues please). 

** Please feel free to add your additions to this list and/or state your opinions on the ones given, or say which ones affect you the most if you care to. **

*Upsides: News you wouldn't come across in daily life.

*Downsides: You think you are high consciousness and neglect real spiritual work, and career goals.

• Feminist 

For me the biggest downside is the sometimes endless debating that ends up corrupting my mind. The need of being right, of convincing other people, win arguments... Even if you are very careful this ends up corrupting the purity of your mind introducing nedless noise. It affects your ability to make independent inquiries and novel Awakenings. Be careful, this is a big trap of the Forum

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Davino said:

For me the biggest downside is the sometimes endless debating that ends up corrupting my mind. The need of being right, of convincing other people, win arguments... Even if you are very careful this ends up corrupting the purity of your mind introducing nedless noise. It affects your ability to make independent inquiries and novel Awakenings. Be careful, this is a big trap of the Forum

How can the mind get corrupted when thoughts are just arising, arising out of nowhere. That's all just a story. The story needs an anchor. Another story to make it make sense. When it seems the mind got corrupted, blame comes and there's another story. Then judgement comes with another story. It's all stories because you think you are separate and it has to all make sense. So you create story after story after story after story. That's the trap.

Edited by Princess Arabia

It is all about how you treat and approach this forum I find. It can be very informative at times and it is nice to have place where you can discuss obscure philosophy and complex life situations and have a genuine discussion without all of the toxic incentives other social media platform have like upvotes or awards that depreciate the quality of discussion.

Debate brainrot and uncritically assuming information to be true are the biggest downsides to this site IMO. The best way to use this site is to not take it particularly seriously but still earnestly engage without being overly argumentative. don't believe anyone but listen with an open-mind. If something sounds true, verify. That's it.

37 minutes ago, Basman said:

It is all about how you treat and approach this forum I find. It can be very informative at times and it is nice to have place where you can discuss obscure philosophy and complex life situations and have a genuine discussion without all of the toxic incentives other social media platform have like upvotes or awards that depreciate the quality of discussion.

Debate brainrot and uncritically assuming information to be true are the biggest downsides to this site IMO. The best way to use this site is to not take it particularly seriously but still earnestly engage without being overly argumentative. don't believe anyone but listen with an open-mind. If something sounds true, verify. That's it.

Nice

On 11/03/2024 at 2:37 PM, Princess Arabia said:

That was obvious. You're ashamed of your biases. Anonymity.

No, i say them in part in real life also, just here I'm more verbose. everybody has biases - we are not perfect. 

7 minutes ago, bebotalk said:

No, i say them in part in real life also, just here I'm more verbose. everybody has biases - we are not perfect. 

That's a part of the perfection. We're the ones labelling it imperfect.

On 2024-03-09 at 10:02 PM, Leo Gura said:

Upsides:

• Leo

Downsides:

• Leo

Insides: Meo

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

23 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

How can the mind get corrupted when thoughts are just arising, arising out of nowhere. That's all just a story.

So what? I want the highest story not some gross one

The story needs an anchor. Another story to make it make sense. When it seems the mind got corrupted, blame comes and there's another story. Then judgement comes with another story.

As your body can get sick so does your mind. In the same way, if you are near someone with covid you can catch it, the same goes with mind diseases, ideologies and so on. Your subconscious and unconscious mind are fed by everything you consume, like it or not, this is how it actually works, no matter how hard you try to deconstruct it till death. After full deconstruction, comes the actual seeing of how things work, keep deconstructing but there is a an intelligent substratum that joyfully stands all deconstruction.

It's all stories because you think you are separate and it has to all make sense. So you create story after story after story after story. That's the trap.

Sure, it's all a great interconnected system. There is no way outside it but through it. You must master no-mind with the same vigour as you should master thinking. There is not a single place in Reality where I do not see the Divine.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️