Princess Arabia

The Upsides/Downsides of The Forum

50 posts in this topic

Upsides:

*Interaction with different people from all over the world and having an online community where like-minded people gather to discuss similar topics of interests.

* Asking/Giving advice that may help to improve one's life.

*Able to share and post interesting and/or informative videos as a way of expanding our knowledge base. 

*Receiving feedback to certain issues we share via comments, posts or videos that may open our minds to see from a different perspective.

*A way to perhaps reduce loneliness in some who are introverts and rather not be out and about unnecessarily and would rather engage online. (more about that later).

*A way for everybody introverted or extroverted to interact on the spot when the urge arises without going transporting.

*Doesn't have to respond to unwanted and unnerving conversations that might otherwise cause conflicts in person.

*Share interesting and enlightening insights that could be life-changing in a positive way.

*Can remain anonymous while doing all the above.

Downsides: 

*Can become addictive.

*Can take away from productivity of one's personal goals and achievements if too much time is spent on there.

*Can cause one to not be able to be in the present from having to go back to previous conversations that were otherwise forgotten (not sure about this being a downside or a negative). This one needs to be seen through to be understood with clarity, it's very tricky,

*Causes one to neglect human contact because it is enough to interact online without recognizing the pitfalls in just doing so.

*One can not care how they come across because of it's anonymous nature and can become rude and obnoxious as a result.

*If not careful, can contribute to more loneliness because of it's nature to be impersonal.

*Can lead to one being misled from improper guidance or wrong information that was trusted to be correct. (Seek professional advice for serious issues please). 

** Please feel free to add your additions to this list and/or state your opinions on the ones given, or say which ones affect you the most if you care to. **

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Upsides:

• Leo

Downsides:

• Leo

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Upsides:

• Leo

Downsides:

• Leo

😘😘😘Don't get any ideas now - nor anyone else. Mind your business. 

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Upsides:

• Leo

Downsides:

• Leo

Touché.

Why so serious?

1 minute ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Touché.

Had to look that word up. Touché! Good word to describe Leo's narcissistic comment. Then again he's, admitting to having downsides, narcissists don't do that, so Touche. 

6 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Had to look that word up. Touché! Good word to describe Leo's narcissistic comment. Then again he's, admitting to having downsides, narcissists don't do that, so Touche. 

Chapeau! ;)

Toujours un plaisir, mademoiselle.

Why so serious?

2 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Chapeau! ;)

Toujours un plaisir, mademoiselle.

Oh my! Not sure if your comments here are upsides or downsides 'cause I have to keep hitting up Google for translations. I should have made an undecided list. Bomboclaat. Right back at ya, now your turn to go search.

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Bomboclaat.

Bless you, mylady. Need a handkerchief?

Lol... eight comments in, and this thread is already derailed. Love it!

Why so serious?

Damn, looks like you've spent a lot of time considering the pros and cons of being active on this forum.

Are you considering leaving?

37 minutes ago, Yali said:

Damn, looks like you've spent a lot of time considering the pros and cons of being active on this forum.

Are you considering leaving?

Not while there are still upsides. Doesn't take a lot of time when you're a part of something to create an analysis. You're entangled with it and I'm very observant by nature. Took me 15mins maybe from start to finish, Nothing in my post suggests I was thinking about leaving. If I was leaving I would say bye you'all nice meeting ya or just leave. I would never make a post about leaving so I don't look like an ass if a decide to return, taking a break maybe but not leaving.

The forum has been training grounds for me to communicate more effectively and to see reality more holistically, so thank you.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

proxy-image(13).jpg

...even if the family is a bunch of cranky attention-seeking quarrelsome crackpots with gigantic God complexes, lol.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Upsides:

• Leo

Downsides:

• Leo

Relatable, it's good when Leo agrees with me and bad when Leo disagrees with me.

Edited by Applegarden8

Posted (edited)

Upsides

There is a somewhat coherent flow of information from the first post to the last post. This is in contrast to reddit or Twitter comments where any dogs and cats can just post any comments everywhere.

Downsides

There is no likes or upvote or downvote buttons so you have no idea if the post is any good (or troll post 😗) until you actually read them.

Edited by hyruga

Posted (edited)

Upsides

-people can share contrary and maybe radical ideas that test our openmindedness (so long as they are civil)

-@Preety_India's not here anymore :ph34r: tbh I only started posting regularly here when she got banned and I'm glad there's no other nuisance like her since

Downsides

-the standard cons of being on an Internet forum: petty bickering and drama, wannabe Internet janitors and hall monitors that cause a scene and attention for moderators because they see something they don't like instead of simply reporting and ignoring it

-the amount of circlejerk slop that happens in the forum that makes me retch and hurl

Edited by lostingenosmaze

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

9 hours ago, lostingenosmaze said:

Upsides

-people can share contrary and maybe radical ideas that test our openmindedness (so long as they are civil)

-@Preety_India's not here anymore :ph34r: tbh I only started posting regularly here when she got banned and I'm glad there's no other nuisance 

There was a guy called Origins who abused user Modmyth. Then there was an admin who made a copycat version of this forum. We will have those.

Upsides: 

• It's a spiritual forum

Downsides:

• It's a spiritual forum

1 minute ago, UnbornTao said:

Upsides: 

• It's a spiritual forum

Downsides:

• It's a spiritual forum

Lol

16 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

proxy-image(13).jpg

...even if the family is a bunch of cranky attention-seeking quarrelsome crackpots with gigantic God complexes, lol.

You sure have a way with words. Usually spot on, too.

The upside being that it's informative and the downside being that it can easily be a mask for real wholesome socializing and this can become a trap. Socializing should be one on one and that involves being around people who really get you, in a community it's hard to do that although with disadvantages that are quite obvious, there are massive advantages that won't come with one on one communication with a meagre bunch.