Soul Flight

If I am a solipsist or non-dualist can I pray for others or pray to god for help?

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

When I have stress or anxiety it feels good to pray for help or peace or to pray for others when they are in trouble. But who am I praying to? Myself? If I pray, does it prove I still believe in duality and I am not a real solipsist? Is it a contradiction for a solipsist to pray? Do any of you pray? Did Buddha pray? Thanks.

Edited by Soul Flight

Don’t turn solipsism into an identity or ideology. 

Why did it matter what the Buddha did?

What do YOU do?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Soul Flight

IMO, praying is a BS form of having inner dialog, even though sometimes it can be helpful.

7 hours ago, Soul Flight said:

When I have stress or anxiety it feels good to pray for help or peace or to pray for others when they are in trouble. But who am I praying to? Myself? If I pray, does it prove I still believe in duality and I am not a real solipsist? Is it a contradiction for a solipsist to pray? Do any of you pray? Did Buddha pray? Thanks.

when you are in a state of the ego, or the self, then God is in fact other - so you are a part of God - but this can collapse in a non-dual state in which you will become ALL of GOD.  So sure, you can pray, you can talk to God, you can ask God for things.  Yeah, in the big picture it's all you, but it doesn't mean you can't separate things out.  It really doesn't matter if its separate or if its One...either way, God is Good.   As the ego you are a part of God, but as Pure Consciousness you are God proper!

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Can't turn a thing into something which it by definition already is. Duh.

9 hours ago, Soul Flight said:

Do any of you pray?

I pray every single day.

True prayer is not about talking to the big bearded boss in the sky... it's simply a tool for raising your frequency, and it's been doing wonders for me.

Why so serious?

20 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:
9 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I like that🎯

When you see and feel The Divine everywhere, around you and in you then your gratitude becomes the most natural, effortless, everyday prayer😊🙏.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

When you see and feel The Divine everywhere, around you and in you then your gratitude becomes the most natural, effortless, everyday prayer😊🙏.

Yep!

The purpose of prayer is not begging for scrapes but thanking for the incredible riches that you are already blessed with; and cultivating this kind of gratitude naturally leads to more and more things to be grateful for.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

10 hours ago, Soul Flight said:

Think of it like the Dao... which is a representation of wholeness and duality all in one.

Duality is also an element of Non-Duality. The Finite is also an element of the Infinite. The Illusion is also an element of the Truth.

You are both whole and part of God. And you are nothing and you are everything. And you are both one with and separate from God. It just depends of the perspective you're coming from.

So, to reject Duality is to fail to be Non-Dual. 

That means that you can experience "yourself" as God from the perspective of the absolute and infinite... but see yourself as a human in relation to God from the perspective of the relative and finite.

When you pray, it is a finite and embodied perspective that is anchored in the illusion. But the illusion is also an element of the truth.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

10 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Think of it like the Dao... which is a representation of wholeness and duality all in one.

Duality is also an element of Non-Duality. The Finite is also an element of the Infinite. The Illusion is also an element of the Truth.

You are both whole and part of God. And you are nothing and you are everything. And you are both one with and separate from God. It just depends of the perspective you're coming from.

That means that you can experience "yourself" as God from the perspective of the absolute and infinite... but see yourself as a human in relation to God from the perspective of the relative and finite.

When you pray, it is a finite and embodied perspective that is anchored in the illusion. But the illusion is also an element of the truth.

Love the way you phrased this. Such eloquence.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

Love the way you phrased this. Such eloquence.

Thank you! :)

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the responses. I was feeling guilty when I pray. It felt inconsistent with non-duality. It felt like a contradiction. But of course posting here and reading your responses is also unusual if you are all me Lol! On my journey. :)

Edited by Soul Flight

2 hours ago, Emerald said:

Very well said.

Duality and nonduality are two sides of the same coin. Reject one side, and you inevitably reject the whole coin... and guess what, reality can and will not be rejected. The sooner you realize this, the better.

💯

Why so serious?

5 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Even MC Hammer approves:

B|

Lol! Nice call. I am old enough to recall enjoying this song when it was a hit. 

Posted (edited)

p.r.a.y.e.r. = plea remembering avidly, your essential reality

gettoefl is duality an element of non-duality?

ChatGPT

In the context of nonduality, duality is often seen as an illusion or a perceived separation that exists in the realm of appearances. Nonduality emphasizes the fundamental oneness or unity of all existence, asserting that the apparent distinctions and dualities we perceive are illusions created by the mind.

So, to answer your question, duality is not considered an element of nonduality. Instead, it's seen as a misperception or illusion that arises when the mind categorizes and separates experiences into opposing pairs. In the state of nonduality, there is a recognition that beyond the dualistic appearances, there is a unified, undivided reality.

Edited by gettoefl

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Actually you can. By creating an ideology, which paradoxically isn’t 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Mental story loses its power over you when you discover what is sourcing it.

Now you can use imagination more clearly.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI