Magnanimous

Leo, how much do looks influence a man's attractiveness

431 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bandman said:

1699588190559116.jpg

How about no.

Go out and meet a girl. Go meet a bunch.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Girzo said:

What if it's because 70-90% of dicks are insufficient for that or their users very bad at using them? :P That's an exercise in recontextualisation for ya.

If a man is somehow lacking in that regard, then obviously it's time to put one's shoulder to the wheel and learn how to use fingers or toys. Being great at dirty talk can also compensate for things. No need to make oneself a victim for having a less than average dick.

you are missing the point just like many men do. It is not the inadequacy of the external male's genitalia, but more about how most women cannot have orgasms just through penile penetration alone. Most need clitoral stimulation which thrusting alone cannot achieve. Only a small percentage are able to achieve this. 

Why does it have to be a matter of lacking or feeling like a victim or thinking that men are the problem, it's none of these things. It's about the structure of the vagina. Some can achieve orgasms through penetration alone, but most do not. Has nothing to do with a man's inabilities. If you need to do a Google search on this to understand what I'm saying here because I just did (not for confirmation, but just to see what is being said about this). If you have a week to spare, you can go ahead and take a look and probably learn a thing or two because it's all over on numerous platforms and quite a few websites.

The problem with most men is they don't take the time to learn about the women they're so adamantly chasing and wanting so bad to get laid with, they just take it for granted that we're just simple beings biologically and that as long as the guy has a big dick everything should be fine and dandy unaware of the fact that most times it's only good for letting us scream and moan but when it comes to having an orgasm it's an entirely different story. 

You guys can go ahead and keep blabbering about attractiveness and genetics and whatever else, but the real issue is how well do you know a woman's body. Not too many, and of course, not too many care to. Most are only concerned with how many hot chicks they can get and their own sexual gratification. I've met a few guys who genuinely cared about giving a woman pleasure how she liked it and asked what made her cum, but not many do as it's not their prime concern and most don't even know how. A woman can fake being pleasured by a big dick and even fake her orgasms, and many do, so don't be fooled into thinking that you have satisfied her all the time by a few moan and groans because of your big dick, even though it may feel good at times depending on if the guy knows what he's doing but a far cry from actually making her cum with just penetration alone.

Nothing I said here was pertaining to you personally, only the first two paragraphs which was in response to your original comment. The rest was just me blabbering on.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Ive had some thoughts about this, so I want to break down this topic -

Everyone is born with particular genetic advantages and disadvantages, if we use a rating system, imagine on a game, you would have a score out of 10 for each category. In this case we'll focus on categories that are important for a man to attract and keep a mate, so lets say the following (I know I will miss out some)

-Looks

-Ambition 

- Masculinity

- Athleticism/Aesthetic Body 

-Emotional Intelligence  

-Intelligence 

- Social ability 

- Confidence 

-Sense of Humour 

-Style

-work ethic/mindset

Now we all have these attributes to different degrees, the genetic (although some of these can come through nurture) component is your potential level these can go up to. So for example you might have great genetics for intelligence, so naturally your a 6 without much effort, but if you work on it you could be a 9, however you may not work on it or may not get the necessary coaching you needed to get there and so you will stay at a 6. Whereas someone not as gifted as you, whos top level of potential is only a 7 from a starting point of 4, could overtake the genetically gifted 6, if they work really hard, essentially the old saying - 'hard work beats talent, when talent doesnt work hard'. 

So this brings us to looks, because they are the first thing people see they are a big factor in terms of attraction, so they can definitely get your foot in the door. However, if you are low on a lot of the other factors, it will still be very hard for you to attract someone. Lets say you were good looking but really low on masculinity or confidence, you would still have trouble, if not initially, definitely in a long terms relationship. 

Looks are also notable because there is only so much you can do with your looks, so the increase in score for that category is not that high. If you made sure that you had a good haircut, good skincare, teeth etc it still wouldnt boost your looks up that much, maybe a point at best. So the payoff is not great. However if you worked on say your body, you could go from skinny to a good, muscular size which would then boost that ranking up a few spots in terms of attraction. Same with confidence, if you worked on that it could make you a lot more attractive. 

The problem is, people tend to focus on looks because that is the first thing people see but its actually not even the most attractive. Something like ambition which could lead to status would actually be more attractive if you get there. Also there is more emphasis on looks because of social media and dating apps where looks are everything, they have always been important but the current landscape has supercharged them. So if youre not ranked high for looks it is very detrimental for you to be on apps. You may get away with it if youre able to properly demonstrate your higher ranking criteria, so if you can get across how ambitious you are or your sense of humour. What guys miss is that they only show off their looks which puts them in direct competition with guys higher ranked in looks. 

Regarding the ranking system as well, most people will get to a point where they are 'good enough' and stay there. Meaning if you get to say a 7 for athleticism, you will start seeing results for that, so your motivation to get to a 9 or 10 will most likely not be there. Usually if you are genetically strong in one area it takes away your motivation to get better in that area because you may see yourself as gifted. Whereas someone who is lower in athleticism will be more motivated to work harder. But there are very few that are both genetically gifted and incredibly hard working, these are real outliers who are at the top of their field, if you think football, someone like Ronaldo who was probably a 7 at football genetically got up to a 9 or 10 through hard work, most at a 7 would have a great career anyway and dont get to those levels Ronaldo set.

So the best thing is to work out what your strength's and weaknesses are, you want to be at least average in all and then excel in as many as you have a genetic proclivity for. So for example i might double down on Athleticism and emotional intelligence, which then gives me a usp with potential partners that they wouldnt get elsewhere. But I also need to work hard to be more social and confident, because without those I wouldnt have a chance to show my strong points.

It is a very interesting discussion and sensible topic. 

People do usually not like to talk about genetic advantages. The majority of people would rather live in denial rather than accepting that a tiny fraction of humans have won the genetic lottery and are highly privileged in that regard.

I would like to give you two of my personal experiences with genetic advantages and disadvantages.

During my last three years of high school I had a very disciplined lifting phase. I lifted four to six times per week, had the right diet with a caloric surplus and gave my best. After three years I looked better than the average person who does some sports in his life. But guess what, there were some guys who looked better than me after one year of lifting. I never understood why, till I came to the conclusion that it had nothing to do with my diet not being good enough or my training not being hard enough. It was simply my genetic disadvantage in building muscle.

After finishing high school I started my studies in chemical engineering in one of the best universities in Germany. In the first semester there were almost a thousand college students sitting in the lecture hall and listening to the advanced maths I course. Guess what, in the second semester over the half was gone, even though a lot of them studied non-stop. To be honest I studied less than half than the average college student and I still got my Masters of Science in eleven semesters and got straight B‘s, while gaining 1,5 years of internship experience. Did I achieve these results because of my time management skills and productivity. Yes, that was sure an important parameter to success in my university days. But ultimately it came down to one thing…Genetic advantage.

Edited by Timur

5 hours ago, Yousif said:

You all keep getting stuck and emotional about the content, while I’m trying to explain the structure of the situation of genetics and how it can limit you and there’s basically nothing you can do about it.

No, what you're doing is parroting Leo.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, you do.

I'm ironically in agreement with this.

6 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

You cannot chase truth if you're so mentally disabled you don't even know what is going on in the room around you.

It's much worse than that, to seriously chase truth you have to be deeply interested in chasing truth in the first place, this already narrows down the population substantially.

It's even more ironic because in the end, truth doesn't require you to do anything (literally and by definition).

You can't just enforce an interest of truth on someone. Muslims are told to pray five times, but regardless of this only a fraction of them are seriously interested in truth. Generally speaking, for religious people truth = whatever your religion says. This simply isn't the same for someone who's deeply interested in truth.

A seriously asexual person will never chase sex in the way an allosexual person with high libido does.

12 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Can you explain me how?

Everything I said after that.

12 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I can tell the guys who are actually hooking up with women. They're not on here asking how to dress, and where to move to, and if girls like tall or short guys or how to be attractive to women. They're just out there the old fashion way and getting their foot wet and just doing it. 

Yes Goddess! That’s the key

1 hour ago, Timur said:

It is a very interesting discussion and sensible topic. 

People do usually not like to talk about genetic advantages. The majority of people would rather live in denial rather than accepting that a tiny fraction of humans have won the genetic lottery and are highly privileged in that regard.

I would like to give you two of my personal experiences with genetic advantages and disadvantages.

During my last three years of high school I had a very disciplined lifting phase. I lifted four to six times per week, had the right diet with a caloric surplus and gave my best. After three years I looked better than the average person who does some sports in his life. But guess what, there were some guys who looked better than me after one year of lifting. I never understood why, till I came to the conclusion that it had nothing to do with my diet not being good enough or my training not being hard enough. It was simply my genetic disadvantage in building muscle.

After finishing high school I started my studies in chemical engineering in one of the best universities in Germany. In the first semester there were almost a thousand college students sitting in the lecture hall and listening to the advanced maths I course. Guess what, in the second semester over the half was gone, even though a lot of them studied non-stop. To be honest I studied less than half than the average college student and I still got my Masters of Science in eleven semesters and got straight B‘s, while gaining 1,5 years of internship experience. Did I achieve these results because of my time management skills and productivity. Yes, that was sure an important parameter to success in my university days. But ultimately it came down to one thing…Genetic advantage.

Love your name! ;) 

1 minute ago, Buck Edwards said:

How is that related to genetics?

I personally don't like equating this with "genetics" per se, it's too narrow and oddly specific of a definition. But the issue not being one narrowly of "genetics" per se does not imply that the argument of "you work with what you got" isn't a strong one.

Truth is like sexuality except one can hardly find an allosexual person when it comes to truth.

20 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

How is that related to genetics?

On the other hand I think the inability to chase truth as a fruit fly is self-evident, so that wasn't what I was arguing with respects to.

Unless one wants to take the metaphysical position that literally everything is "chasing truth".

Which ironically, I would not consider an incorrect position either.

It's merely not the narrow, higher cognitive definition of a pursuit of "truth", but also technically does not invalidate the genetic absolutism stance as long as the argument is formulated as one of efficacy, rather than a binary "able to" or "unable to".

My Fax machine tells me:

1. Fame/Status
2. Game. The best form of game is pre-selection. Put hot females into friendzone, make them love you because of your energy and personality and go into public surrounded by them. Always keep a masculine frame while doing it and have the basics of game down. If you are super insecure, do cold approaches and learn how your behaviour affects your attractiveness.
3. Lifestyle: be social and be in situations where girl can actually see you instead of sitting at home 24/7 lol.
4. Looks
5. Money

Facts.

For most pre-selection game is the most effective and maybe the least effort.

But ofcourse maximize your looks and confidence, go to the gym, get a beard and haircut that improves your face shape. Groom yourself.

But do not get the Lithuanian Leg Lift (LLL)!

Edited by xbcc

On 2/27/2024 at 4:45 PM, Leo Gura said:

Your discipline is a very limited thing relative to your genes.

Very true. It's a devli's trickery trying to make distinction between genes and will-power, discipline, perseverence..  

Like WHAT MAKES YOU think your ability to push long hours into something isn't genetically determined as well as much as a lot of the other factors people like to mention..

It just seems like the thing closer to the free will, but is not really.. 

People need to understand this.

Not everyone can naturally hustle like GaryVee or Lebron James.  This guys hit a mental toughness jackpot + environmental factors + tons of other beneficial factors for their craft.  

Realize what you're made for and pushing to capitalize your life on that thing, realizing the potential gains and meaning it adds to your life is the best fucking thing we can individually do for ourself..