Husseinisdoingfine

Alexei Navalny has died

92 posts in this topic

The US should not dominate anyone. If Russia and China don't want democracy, let them not have it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The US should not dominate anyone. If Russia and China don't want democracy, let them not have it.

In real life they do though (USA dominating people). Especially in the Middle East these days. In the past they were heavily involved in Latin and South America and South east Asia. I have seen they were heavily involved in the Arab spring and I have yet to meet someone from there that says their countries are better now then they were before. 

I heard of this case in Tunisia where they wanted a military base there and when the old Tunisian leader said no, few months after out of the blue "democracy, repression etc" started appearing and then the regime was overthrown. So it was somewhat provoked by the USA probably. Of course people had also frustrations but I am not sure it would have happened without the US. Also I heard US was encouraging the military there to open fire on protestors to spark a proper revolution but they refused. However there is no concrete proof for this, just rumors. To me all this is devilry.

That is why I am critical of them.

Edited by Karmadhi

America and UK are blocked inside the Eqaudorian embassy and imprisoned Julian Assange since 2012.  They also mishandled Epstein and allowed him to kill himself or so they say.   All powerful governments have their dark-side and none of them are willing to admit it.  Shamelessly Trump has admitted outloud on a press conference "we are all killers"  in a way that is one of the reasons a majority of the politicians hate him.  They cant forgive him for being honest on certain things.  

Edited by Tanz

@Husseinisdoingfine How much can you and the average citizen publicly speak against Putin before it gets dangerous?

The road to God is paved with bliss.

1 hour ago, martins name said:

How much can you and the average citizen publicly speak against Putin before it gets dangerous?

There are a couple of hundred of criminal cases (almost all resulted in conviction) a year for just insulting the goverment on social media. An then  there  are other charges like "discrediting the army.

Recently an article with statistics on putin's repressions was released https://www.proekt.media/guide/repressii-v-rossii/#ne_boltay if you're interested (it's in Russian tho)

Apply consciousness to the burned area

I figured out why Putin had Navalny killed now. It's because his election is coming up and he is fond of anniversery style gestures.

Now the loose ends are tied up right on the eve of his reelection. A little reelection gift to himself.

Clever devil.

Edited by Leo Gura

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I figured out why Putin had Navalny killed now. It's because his election is coming up and he is fond of anniversery style gestures.

Now the loose ends are tied up right on the eve of his reelection. A little reelection gift to himself.

Clever devil.

What about the munich security summit where he confronted the west for their (from his pov) dishonedt ways? Maybe both because the summit this year has been over the weekend after his death?

@Leo Gura

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Munich_speech_of_Vladimir_Putin

@Leo Gura I don't think he needed to wack the guy. Generally at a time of war, countries don't like to change leaders. That's why George W got a second term dispite of the hate he was getting within the country and around the world. Those were good times when the left was anti war and united.

That guy that spoke against the war in Ukraine also got whacked. It seems these eastern European countries don't like dessent and like to ignore the wellbeing and treatment of jailed individuals.

4 hours ago, Tanz said:

I don't think he needed to wack the guy.

It's not so much a need as a sense of order.

Putin has a policy. In his own words: "Traitors must of course be punished."

Authoritarians tend to have a strong sense of order.

Edited by Leo Gura

On 2/25/2024 at 3:16 PM, Leo Gura said:

It's clearly not the case. Putin just doesn't want to lose his comfortable seat with his oligarchs he bribed each other with so he has to distract people with war. Ukraine had a change of president from zhulik to Zelensky, therefore a slight shift to democracy, Putin fears he will lose his seat because of this peaceful transfer of power that can happen in Russia also. It's not a strong sense of order, it's utter self-preservation to the degree of laughter. It's just him trying to over-extend his pathetic life and Navalny almost got him, and would be after him if he was released due to prisoner exchange program. But he obviously killed Navany from the top. That man almost broke him, took his precious seat sucking the blood out of the Russian masses.

He lives a double life, what principles he has other than making sure he steals something, bribes somebody for his advantage and kills the opposition. He doesn't believe in god probably. His religion is propaganda and building castles.

Thank you, Navalny. Slava Ukraine. 

Edited by Applegarden8

A very interesting take on all this, a systemic sounding take which IMO is iffy to say the least if you breakdown his argumentation for why;

It's a lot more complicated than that, plus there's more to politics than that.

On 2/25/2024 at 7:16 AM, Leo Gura said:

It's not so much a need as a sense of order.

Authoritarians tend to have a strong sense of order.

Would you consider Trump to have authoritarian qualities? 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI