outlandish

Have You Ever Nearly Died?

16 posts in this topic

Have you had a brush with death and faced your own mortality? Share your story here, life is short.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Once I was swimming in a river when I was a kid. I was young and not a very strong swimmer; the current unexpectedly swept me away down the river.

The water was over my head and I couldn't touch the river-bottom. I was drowning.

As I was drowning my spirit left my body. I had an out-of-body experience.

I have a vivid memory of looking down upon my body in the water.

Thankfully an adult saw me struggling and picked me up out of the water and my spirit returned to my body.

That was the closest I've ever come to dying.

Lol. I've been thinking about an experience I had a lot lately that I've never told anyone. So i'll guess it's a good time.

I was on vacation one time as a child. Maybe 5-6 years old. I wanted to take a bath in the ocean, so my grandma went with me to keep an eye on me. This was a smaller part of the beach and in the afternoon, so it was no one else around.

I had to go very far out the water until it became deep, even thou I was so little.
I thought it was funny when the waves hit me so I walked further and further. My grandma yelled and told me to be careful. I yelled back I'm fine. I felt I had control. So I went even further out and suddenly the waves were to big for me.
They just took a grip on my whole body and drag me out. I tried to reach the ground and take steps or swim back but every time a new wave hit me and drag me out. Again and again. I felt completely sure I wasn't gonna make it. It's like I'm there again having this insight when I think back on it. It's so clear. Anyway I struggled for a while with my whole body. Using all strength I had and finally somehow I manage to reach the ground and take a real step, and then several more and I realized I was gonna make it. WHAT A RELIEF!!!!! Still a mystery how I made it. Very marginal.
My grandma didn't see me at this point either, I was so far out. I didn't say anything, because I didn't want anyone to get worried or angry at me.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

21 minutes ago, Bodhi123 said:

Once I was swimming in a river when I was a kid. I was young and not a very strong swimmer; the current unexpectedly swept me away down the river.

The water was over my head and I couldn't touch the river-bottom. I was drowning.

As I was drowning my spirit left my body. I had an out-of-body experience.

I have a vivid memory of looking down upon my body in the water.

Thankfully an adult saw me struggling and picked me up out of the water and my spirit returned to my body.

That was the closest I've ever come to dying.

Omg you too? lol

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

Everytime I go deep into my daily meditation.

Fucking reptilian brain does not want to cooperate though.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Not really, but once about a few months back, I had the brilliant idea to "end this misery" and kill myself. (Some big stuff had happened that my Ego could not live with)

However I decided, since im gonna die, at least let me sit as much as possible in meditation Without caring for my legs hurting or anything else.

In fact I thought it would be sweet to just kill myself through meditation. So this was my longest sit to this day, I gave it everything and it was even in lotus.

Well, there was a point where my entire body started vibrating and I was sweating and there was pain, a lot of it. Once I could not go any longer, I was so exhausted, but also I felt soo good inside my body. I no longer wanted to leave it, no longer felt trapped.

I just wanted to go to bed and sleep it off. It was glorious.

Edited by Dodoster

Absolute Law of Love reveals Infinite Source that Welcomes Every Life as Light

Wow quite a few near drownings in here.

@Annetta wow so sorry that happened, I'm glad you survived to tell the tale!

@Dodoster really cool that you redirected that self-destructive intention into self-transcendence, good on you. 

Interesting stories here guys.

^ I wouldn't say weird, but it's surprising. And heartbreaking.

I wouldn't say I've had any true brushes with death. I've had many incidents where if things went differently it could have meant death, but fortunately death was always a safe two steps away. Nonetheless, these experiences have put life into perspective for me, so it got me thinking that it'd be interesting to hear about people's experience peering a little closer over the edge.

One day I was about to meet an accident as the car behind me was racing at a very high speed. It was a split second and I narrowly escaped from being hit. I am thankful and I feel Lord's grace saved me. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

When i was 13 i would walk along the yellow stone river MT. It was winter i was alone. 

I was walking on the ice when it broke. I fell in and had grabbed the ice feeling my feet sweep under the ice shelf. I pulled my self out. 

Walking home it was freezing. My pants and shirt coat froze into ice. Every thing was crispy. 

When i arrived home i was in shock nobody was home. Im not sure but i went to the bath and layed in water for what seemed like forever my body was numb and stiff. I felt death. 1st brush of drowning. Ive been in 4 drowning experience.

Another i had slipped on ice on snow over a canyon i slid and could not stop sliding or get a grip. Some how i managed to dig my fingers and feet into the iceey snow.

When i stopped i could see the bottom of the canyon and was feet from sliding off. 

Shit is scary. I feel near death exposure happens more frequently than most understand...

Once I took a shower and went outside without properly drying my hair. According to parents everywhere, I should have been dead several times over. 

My heart broke reading some the posts in this thread.  I'm so sorry that you went through those experiences.  I deeply and genuinely hope that you all find deep peace and love in your lives.  I'm glad you're in this forum because it means you are likely on the right path.  

I'm not going to respond to specific names because I understand how that could make one uncomfortable being put on the spot.  Regardless, I'm hugging you right now through the internet with this post.  If I met you I'd give you a warm hug in person too.  

Edited by Heart of Space

I hug my inner child. I hug my children now. I love myself. I love my children. I love all if you. 

What does not kill us only brings us together. 

I was very near death last July. The previous year had been a living hell for me, many factors, loss of job due to ptsd, bullying harassment, abuse from narcissistic spouse, marital split. One month after living on my own for the first time ever in my life at age 51, I felt that my life of pain was beyond comprehension to me and in a distraught state I consumed a lot of alcohol which let to a physical injury to my leg with irreversible nerve damage. This led to taking an OD of pills I had for a back injury. I had been texting all my family giving clues, talking about life insurance, my sister who was out of town told my daughter to go and check on me. My poor daughter had to find me slouched over unconscious and barely breathing.  They were very close to not being able to revive me. I only had 5 breaths in one minute. Level 3 or something. I did come back but spent 2 days in a coma and 8 days in ICU. for some reason. I think my soul is so determined to find the peace that I have always asked for that it wouldn't let me go.  I shouldn't have made it through but I did.  As a mother, I will never live down the regret and guilt of what I did in a moment of mind terror because How will my sweet girl ever get that vision of me out of her head? It will be with her forever and I was the cause of it. I've hated myself for so long. Being so low that there is literally nothing left but death... when you are more afraid to live than to die, that's deep pain of a lifetime.

somehow I got to the very bottom  of my soul and I looked up to the sky and asked, what am I here for, .why.. I believe it is to find the peace I've so wanted and yearned for, forever. I have a second chance 

Examine what you believe to be impossible, and then change your beliefs.