Amit

What is the truth of twin flames or soulmates?

19 posts in this topic

Initially when I found these terms they used to mean a lot. Someone I found who loved me and felt like I found that special person. Now after a long time into relationship, when rubber met the road, when romance has been burst by truth. All those concepts TF/SM seems superficial and delusional. It is depressing to see how all these labels fall, but the heart still wants to believe, and still can’t deny these labels.

what do you guys think from your direct experience ? since truth is like an elephant in the midst of blind, all we can do it to try and explore and be sincere about it.

Yes to me that are just beliefs sorry. 
I had several relationships were all the signs were here and finally realized even the signs were beliefs.

but I still want to believe in a soulmate too.

I’ll personally go for the Truth and if a soulmate is real. Then, she’ll hide behind the Truth. 

And if she does not, then it means soulmate does not exist.

You can be blessed with a one in a million partner if you are the One. 

Although if you operate from ego it will fall apart anyway.

If you live from the space within where the Holly Spirit dwells, then you can have a deep, magical connection until the end of your days, given you had the blessing to meet a partner that is Angelic. Literally just a handfull of them exist though.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

As I personally am becoming more conscious, I’m contemplating and understanding what time traveling really is and how it really works which gives me a lot of reassurance and hopes on the subject of Soul Mate. 
Honestly, I do not even need to have sex with her. If I could just give her a handshake. I would die happy.

4 hours ago, Amit said:

what do you guys think from your direct experience ? since truth is like an elephant in the midst of blind, all we can do it to try and explore and be sincere about it.

I've never heard or experienced anything related to this concept offline.

Depends on how you define soul mate and how you interpret attraction. A "soul mate" could just be a high degree of bonding and attraction. In that sense, very close friends could be considered soul mates as well.

The idea of "fated bonding" is just a fairy tale however. It is the same as with "synchronicity", an exercise in confirmation bias where you already hold the conclusion and work backwards to connect the event.

Either way, it is unhealthy to put the burden of "completing you" on another person.

I think the twin flame belief is basically to give the believer certainty in something that by its very nature is uncertain. 

Relationships take a leap of faith because you never know what's going to happen as its out of your hands to a certain extent. If you introduce this overarching idea that the 2 of you are made for each other then, in a way you no longer need to take that leap because you can lean on the belief. 

But whatever belief you want to make reality is reality and relationships work sometimes and don't sometimes. True faith is accepting whatever is. 

You're only really capable of receiving the love you're willing to give to yourself. All love begins with self-love, because all love is a reflection of THE self! Loving yourself can be incredibly difficult (at least from the human pov), so we try to find someone else to do it for us. We try to find someone to fulfill and complete us, because we don't believe that we're capable of providing these things for ourselves.

Soul mates and twin flames could become a possibility once you enter higher levels of love, but you could also simply loose interest in these concepts entirely. There is no saying.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

You have a twin flame with Love.

Also, you are Love.

One Love.

❤️

11 hours ago, Amit said:

but the heart still wants to believe, and still can’t deny these labels

The heart doesn't believe anything; the heart knows. It's the mind that's fighting what the heart is saying. Listen to the heart; it's trying to tell you there's no soul mate or twin flame outside of you. The heart IS your soul mate.  The heart is trying to tell you but you're ignoring it.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Thanks a lot guys, I conclude that all these terms are labels which might be true or untrue depending on the nature of relationship. 

I married my soul mate but I can't guarantee my methods will help everyone. First I looked for a woman whose lifestyle was compatible to mine. I also selected for strong moral character and empathy. Our sense of humor also had to connect in some way - not be the same, but at least connect. We needed at least some overlap in interests, too. (I'm a geek and my wife knows more about comics than I do lol.) 

If you noticed looks were absent in this list... well...

YMMV of course. About 20 years, 4 kids and still going.

Edited by Jacquelope

@Chrisd interesting 😂

@Jacquelope I think one also has to be lucky otherwise you cross your soulmate without even knowing. It’s interesting how simple it is to identify them when you know yourself. 

2 hours ago, Amit said:

@Chrisd interesting 😂

@Jacquelope I think one also has to be lucky otherwise you cross your soulmate without even knowing. It’s interesting how simple it is to identify them when you know yourself. 

Lucky indeed. She checked off all my important boxes but there's nothing to say we couldn't have become friends-only. Knowing what I know now and imagining us being friends only? Dreadful.

5 hours ago, Jacquelope said:

She checked off all my important boxes

That's the key right there. You had a mental list and it checked off. You were specific. You looked for compatibility, similar to yourself. "We don't get what we want we get what we are". Some of us have heard this quote but have no idea what it means. Some of us are seeking what is not a vibrational match to ours and then we complain how we're not getting it. That's why it's important to change ourselves and become what it is you'll like to attract. 

The girls who are looking for the high-value man won't attract him unless they become high-value themselves and vice verse. But high- value is also relative so it depends on your version of high-value. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

I don't have a soul mate, because I can have fun with more or less any type of woman.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

6 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

That's the key right there. You had a mental list and it checked off. You were specific. You looked for compatibility, similar to yourself. "We don't get what we want we get what we are". Some of us have heard this quote but have no idea what it means. Some of us are seeking what is not a vibrational match to ours and then we complain how we're not getting it. That's why it's important to change ourselves and become what it is you'll like to attract. 

The girls who are looking for the high-value man won't attract him unless they become high-value themselves and vice verse. But high- value is also relative so it depends on your version of high-value. 

Also see my thread about the dangers of basing a relationship off "the spark". People are addicted to this craze about love at first sight and it's actually more toxic than beneficial to a long term relationship, at least that's my opinion.

And what is this obsession about "high-value"? Isn't that transactional in nature? I don't see how that's going to result in a holistic fulfilling LTR. It sounds more like a business contract to me?