Hibahere

How do I contemplate and experience solipsism

26 posts in this topic

I've had an awakening while meditation it lasted for a few minutes and that was the only thing closest to solipsism I experienced.

I couldn't retain that and of course I don't expect myself to be in those states either. Thete is a lot to integrate especially from the basics. 

However, despite my awakening experiences I still question that how can there be no other? 

How is it possible that I am the only point of consciousness in existence? Are there other origins of consciousness in other people? We all are "souls"

Am I imagining that we all are souls and points of consciousness? Am I doing this for the survival of my ego?

How do I experience the full blown awakening? Am I really the only point of consciousness 

2 minutes ago, Hibahere said:

I've had an awakening while meditation it lasted for a few minutes and that was the only thing closest to solipsism I experienced.

I couldn't retain that and of course I don't expect myself to be in those states either. Thete is a lot to integrate especially from the basics. 

However, despite my awakening experiences I still question that how can there be no other? 

How is it possible that I am the only point of consciousness in existence? Are there other origins of consciousness in other people? We all are "souls"

Am I imagining that we all are souls and points of consciousness? Am I doing this for the survival of my ego?

How do I experience the full blown awakening? Am I really the only point of consciousness 

Its great You had an Awaken of sorts, that something changed in your perception..

No You are not the Only point of Consciousness, its ego telling You that You are! What's happening is you had an experience of connection, maybe Oneness/Completeness, and its subjective, but there are others, other ppl, places and things, forms in Consciousness and Existence. 

Just don't make it about You, make it about the experience, that it has enhanced You and given You a glimpse of something beyond Survival Instinct, individualism, or body/mind complex and identity, that is good, making it all about I am God, I am everything in a ego way is not so good.

We are not the Body or Mind, we are Life, that is the Union between all of Us, but it doesn't mean that Body/Mind and everything else doesn't exist, it all exist, just not as we think it does:)

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

33 minutes ago, Hibahere said:

You aren't the only point of Consciousness- you ARE Consciousness itself.  But Consciousness can imagine literally anything and divide itself or squeeze itself down to appear like it's this ego when in reality it's completely total, whole and full.  It uses deception.  Reality IS deception. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Reminds me of this music video. 

It was You the entire time.

This is what true spirituality looks like, not staring at a book for hours looking for answers: 

0e8f384b70e16da4346d42356d45d02eab615a6b7ced6532013fc501a4834a5c - instasize.png

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Ishanga yes we have to be very careful that it doesn't become a gateway for the ego to gain a false sense of inflation. 

@Yimpa Damn...this is deep...thats literally what most of the time awakening after effects feel like its very important to ground yourself.

if you enjoy being sane stop contemplating Solipsism lol 

Realize that THIS is it, and everything is the absolute. 

Then realize the fabric of reality is love

then go enjoy your life as you'll be happy & at peace 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Hibahere its simple ..realize that this bubble of consciousness you are in right now is quite literally all that is certainly true .

Anything else no matter what it is are beliefs and conjecture. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

The solipsism discussed on this forum is just shared psychosis. You can't experience it, you can only imagine it, because it is based on a duality of "you" and "other."

Much better to contemplate how dualities and distinctions are perceived in the first place.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

bubble of consciousness

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

you are in right now

You're trapped in a bubble? Speak for yourself. 

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

3 hours ago, Osaid said:

You're trapped in a bubble? Speak for yourself. 

Solipsism is true awakening.  If you still believe there are others then you are not awake . Sorry for imitating Leo but it is what it is .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

17 hours ago, Hibahere said:

@Yimpa Damn...this is deep...thats literally what most of the time awakening after effects feel like its very important to ground yourself.

Yes, but keep in mind that realizing that “you’re all alone” is not always a negative feeling or realization.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

20 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Hibahere its simple ..realize that this bubble of consciousness you are in right now is quite literally all that is certainly true .

Anything else no matter what it is are beliefs and conjecture. 

Basically this ^

I've been there before briefly and "I" have "seen" it.  Can confirm.  Also, everything immediately clicks and makes sense in that moment/realization, especially the non-duality jargon we all already know.  It's so absolutely simple though, it's almost like you have to be dumb and to the point of drooling to get it.  Once the smart brain kicks in, you're thousands of miles from it again.

Take it easy, enjoy the ride.

Connect with yourself

Connect with humans

Connect with animals

Connect with plants

Connect with the Universe & Reality

Connect to the timeless now

Connect with your breathing and body sensations

Connect with your room and all space in front and back, to the right and to the left, up and down, in all directions connect.

Work on the other facets of awakening like truth, consciousness, love, presence and spaciousness.

If you do it right Existential Solipsism will come. If you rush it you may have an existential crisis and even when it happens naturally it is a very hard realization to swallow. I was absolutely destroyed for days but once you get to the other side, things are more at peace. All you fear is but your own self, you can be free now.

Edited by Davino

23 minutes ago, Davino said:

All you fear is but your own self, you can be free now.

I made a post about this and everybody (or most), freaked out. They indirectly told me to get back to reality, to this shit hole and go back to my mental slavery and the bondages of the mind. I didn't listen, though. I just observed them still being miserable and still complaining about life.

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

On 2/6/2024 at 5:53 AM, Someone here said:

Solipsism is true awakening.  If you still believe there are others then you are not awake . Sorry for imitating Leo but it is what it is .

There are no others but conflating this with solipsism is a half truth at best 

Because there's also no mind, so how can your mind be the only mind to exist?

Simply put, the absolute is all that exists. 

So, while there are no others, absolutely, there is also no mind, no world & no creation.

Then, all is seen as the absolute. Including the dream world. And, love permeates all of existence naturally.

Maharaj: The world is but a show, glittering and empty. It is, and yet is not. It is there as long as I want to see it and take part in it. When I cease caring, it dissolves, It has no cause and serves no purpose. It just happens when we are absent-minded. It appears exactly as it looks, but there is no depth in it, nor meaning. Only the onlooker is real, call him Self or Atma. To the Self the world is but a colourful show, which he enjoys as long as it lasts and forgets when it is over. Whatever happens on the stage makes him shudder in terror or roll with laughter, yet all the time he is aware that it is but a show. Without desire or fear he enjoys it, as it happens.

Francis Lucille - Enlightenment is the sudden recognition that non-duality is, has always been, and will always be the reality of our experience. Self-realization is the subsequent stabilization in the peace, happiness and freedom of our natural state.

Ramana - 

1. Ajata vada or the theory of non-causality. This is an ancient Hindu doctrine which states that the creation of the world never happened at all. It is a complete denial of all causality in the physical world. Sri Ramana endorsed this view by saying that it is the jnani's (Man who is Self-realised) experience that nothing ever comes into existence or ceases to be because the Self alone exists as the sole unchanging reality. It is a corollary of this theory that time, space, cause and effect, essential components of all creation theories, exist only in the minds of ajnanis (ignorant) and that the experience of the Self reveals their non-existence.

This theory is not a denial of the reality of the world, only of the creative process which brought it into existence. Speaking from his own experience Sri Ramana said that the jnani is aware that the world is real, not as an assemblage of interacting matter and energy, but as an uncaused appearance in the Self. He enlarged on this by saying that because the real nature or substratum of this appearance is identical with the beingness of the Self, it necessarily partakes of its reality. That is to say, the world is not real to the jnani simply because it appears, but only because the real nature of the appearance is inseparable from the Self.

The ajnani on the other hand, is totally unaware of the unitary nature and source of the world and, as a consequence, his mind constructs an illusory world of separate interacting objects by persistently misinterpreting the sense-impressions it receives. Sri Ramana pointed out that this view of the world has no more reality than a dream since it superimposes a creation of the mind on the reality of the Self. He summarised the difference between the jnani's and the ajnani's standpoint by saying that the world is unreal if it is perceived by the mind as a collection of discrete objects and real when it is directly experienced as an appearance in the Self.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Adding- 

Do not think this means you are not having a human experience, if anything this makes you more human and more in touch with your unique nature, unique embodiment & unique expression of this teaching. 

On top of this, you will be MUCH more in touch with your feelings and expression of that. 

From that, Francis Lucille said it best- the purpose is simply Happiness. 

Go enjoy the absolute and all its (illusory) creations lol. 

Its also funny, because life is always this way, its just we don't simply realize this, and by realizing it, it gives us the greatest power to create a life of love. 

On top of that, I wanted to add to not neglect the human dimension, it still has incredible value. 

Even things like Personal Development, Health, Career, Personality,  Relationships etc can all require a range of teachings / help 'separate' from this teaching (although of course its not separate lol) & by integrating more & more of your life to this teaching is a never ending process, or unfolding.

Even though nothing is ever happening & can't happen. 

It is the ultimate paradox but somehow makes sense in the end. 

Authentic Living forever unfolds. 

lol 

Edited by LfcCharlie4
Adding

On 6.2.2024 at 2:56 AM, Osaid said:

The solipsism discussed on this forum is just shared psychosis. You can't experience it, you can only imagine it, because it is based on a duality of "you" and "other."

Much better to contemplate how dualities and distinctions are perceived in the first place.

This ^

Also way underrated, this:

@Davino you're so on point here. Recently it was bought to my attention and I also noticed that I was very off balance and I need to really fo everything that basically you mentioned including grounding myself especially. I was going into a dangerous territory of psychosis so now I'm mostly focusing on integrating all precious stages if we see it from the context of spiral dynamics...i was way off balance and not ready for this