Someone here

Solipsism->nonduality ->Ontological Nihilism

174 posts in this topic

Why do we keep having these pointless discussions? Absolute Solipsism is so obvious its annoying seeing this questioned.

1. You only know your own existence.

2. Without your existence nothing can be known.

3. By virtue of the first two, you must be existence itself.

4. This means any divisions you create within existence are just a construction. You are everything you experience because you have to BE for there to be any experience. As such you are an ABSOLUTE onto yourself and everything is YOU.

^^^ That's it.

It's so simple. All these arguments that keep being constructed cannot disprove the above. 

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

9 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Existence is not an object. It is not a "thing." "Things" do not exist. Objects are illusions. It is all no-thing. It is pure Subjectivity. Pure Awareness.

Things do exist, but not as we perceive them too be, when in psychedelic states ppl are in experiences that go beyond the physical nature, but that does not mean the physical no longer exists, it exist but not in our perception when in those states, what you do not perceive does not exist for You, but ppl come down from those states when using psychedelics so that is the proof, ask Leo if his "health problems" don't exist???

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

9 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Why do we keep having these pointless discussions? Absolute Solipsism is so obvious its annoying seeing this questioned.

1. You only know your own existence.

2. Without your existence nothing can be known.

3. By virtue of the first two, you must be existence itself.

4. This means any divisions you create within existence are just a construction. You are everything you experience because you have to BE for there to be any experience. As such you are an ABSOLUTE onto yourself and everything is YOU.

^^^ That's it.

It's so simple. All these arguments that keep being constructed cannot disprove the above. 

Reality is not a construction in a pure absolute way, that is the problem with this sort of argument, its too absolutist,,There are layers to Existence, most ppl how they perceive life is very filtered due to conditioning, Karmic makeup, teachings, living in the past and so on, so many filters, so they are not perceiving reality with any Clarity, but once You truly awaken, the 3rd eye opens up, then You see with clarity, what is the Reality, discernment but no judgement, no using past references to make a conclusion, just pure Perception.

We are not our Body or Mind, we are Life itself, that is embodied in physical body and mind complex to use while here this material planet universe in a dual realm, having to deal with it, and still become in union with Oneness and Completeness is the goal of Human Life...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

12 hours ago, Someone here said:

Their point is that nonduality/Advaita makes an even more radical claim ..that the "me " which is said to be the only thing that exists in the solipsistic worldview  ..that that me is ALSO illusory . So not only others don't exist . But you yourself don't exist either . There is simply nobody home in the entire universe .

... and then (and only then), the entire universe is the home of your True Self. Very good.

Bon voyage.

30 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Things do exist, but not as we perceive them too be, when in psychedelic states ppl are in experiences that go beyond the physical nature, but that does not mean the physical no longer exists, it exist but not in our perception when in those states, what you do not perceive does not exist for You, but ppl come down from those states when using psychedelics so that is the proof, ask Leo if his "health problems" don't exist???

A thing/object doesn’t exist because an object implies a static thing. Everything is in a flux. Everything is an experience. An object is an accumulation of your senses/perceptions. Matter is an illusion. 

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

2 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

A thing/object doesn’t exist because an object implies a static thing. Everything is in a flux. Everything is an experience. An object is an accumulation of your senses/perceptions. Matter is an illusion. 

Then what are you typing on, and what is this we are communicating thru?

I agree that there is really only a Subjective experience, all experience happens within You, but You are sensing/perceiving an outside world that exists as well, in unison, that is physical in nature, but has layers as well, its not static but dynamic, its just that with our normal 5 sense perception we cannot detect it, it doesn't serve the purpose of our survival to have such indepth and focused senses, we only need to know enough so we can survive another day...

Edited by Ishanga

16 hours ago, Someone here said:

This second video is from a guy who is a member in this forum and he is also active on spirituality-related topics on Quora. 

So the point that these people are making is that in solipsism the claim is that all that exists in reality is me . Or ..the content of my consciousness right now and nothing else . All "others " are mere NPC ..yada yada ..I think most of you guys are familiar with solipsism as it is probably the single most discussed topic on this forum .

Their point is that nonduality/Advaita makes an even more radical claim ..that the "me " which is said to be the only thing that exists in the solipsistic worldview  ..that that me is ALSO illusory . So not only others don't exist . But you yourself don't exist either . There is simply nobody home in the entire universe .

Now ..this leads us to what is called " metaphysical Nihilism "..which simply states that In fact ..nothing exists at all in reality ..no self..no other ..no world ..no universe etc . And this also known as Ajata in Buddhism which is the idea that reality is absolutely empty and devoid of any real substance..or simply put it doesn't exist. 

And this is how you actually do the work that Leo suggests to actually deconstruct all of reality...it takes three steps:

1- metaphysical solipsism (only me exist.others don't  ). 

2-Advaita (even I don't exist ).

3Ajata (nothing at all actually exist ).

Its just a dream.  A mental construct.  If Consciousness is elevated enough it is realized directly.  "Other" is revealed to be within the Mind.  This Mind is YOU.  Not a human but an Infinite Mind just appearing has a human ego.  That's basically it in a nutshell.   Everyone makes it so complicated.  This infinite Mind is just that - Infinite - thus it is neither human or alien.  It IS. You can call it alien like Leo does because it is not human - It is just Infinite which will blow the doors off your finite self.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

you made everyone but mistake you made is you thought you got separate from heaven and therefore what you create is nothing

only heaven makes stuff not ones who think they got away

walk back to heaven right now and everyone here will come to life

@IshangaNo “thing” exists independent of awareness. Things exist only existentially as they are being experienced . So it’s not a matter of things that could have been.. or might not existed. None of these possible concepts matter or have any relevance without an awareness of them
They cannot be actualized without such an agency. Taking away an object and not replacing it with anything of itself is incorrect. Any such object is not isolated.. nor does it’s underlying building blocks go anywhere if you take away its appearance. All appearances...fine or dense.. solid or flimsy are made of the same stuff. You could call it energy. Nothing new can be introduced with this.. nor anything taken away. 

Like what @r0ckyreed said reality is malleable and liquid-like . Objects appear dense but thats illusion.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

19 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@IshangaNo “thing” exists independent of awareness. Things exist only existentially as they are being experienced . So it’s not a matter of things that could have been.. or might not existed. None of these possible concepts matter or have any relevance without an awareness of them
They cannot be actualized without such an agency. Taking away an object and not replacing it with anything of itself is incorrect. Any such object is not isolated.. nor does it’s underlying building blocks go anywhere if you take away its appearance. All appearances...fine or dense.. solid or flimsy are made of the same stuff. You could call it energy. Nothing new can be introduced with this.. nor anything taken away. 

Like what @r0ckyreed said reality is malleable and liquid-like . Objects appear dense but thats illusion.

Yes maybe when it comes to Subjective Experience, I don't hear the tree crashing in the forest when I am not there, so there is no sound, but does a tree make a sound when I am not there, I would say yes, that is objectivity as we all know it.. 

The paradox is that all we really have is Subjectivity, all our experiences happen only within ourselves, when in deep sleep nothing exists for You, the world is no longer here subjectively, but it is still there objectively which may be considered an Intellectual concept of sorts, that is why its a paradox..

Which is why for myself I tend to go in the direction that we are individuals, with individual body/mind complexes, but with a Spirit/Soul/Life force within us that can be call Divinity, God, Intelligence that we can access if we strive for it, that is the top level of experience and perception and subtlety, but everything else exists too, plants, trees, cars, other ppl, it just on the grosser scale of physicality, bottom level of existence, an expression of Oneness and Possibility, where duality can be played out..

Edited by Ishanga

3 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

when in deep sleep nothing exists for You, the world is no longer here subjectively, but it is still there objectively

Can you sir please explain to me how do you know that definitively and indubitably? 

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

Can you sir please explain to me how do you know that definitively and indubitably? 

I don't but its the same for the ppl talking on the video, and your posts as well, there is no exact proof, we are just discussing and theorising, which is all we can do here on a forum like this, all of this is conceptual, no matter what someone says, it may be their truth, but when they communicate it with everyone else its just a story for us,,,

2 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

I don't but its the same for the ppl talking on the video, and your posts as well, there is no exact proof, we are just discussing and theorising, which is all we can do here on a forum like this, all of this is conceptual, no matter what someone says, it may be their truth, but when they communicate it with everyone else its just a story for us,,,

You are correct.  But that's just me . I believe very firmly in what I call "mental pleasure ". Discussions like these give me serotonin If you will.  I like philosophy. So get used to it .:)

-Osho

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You are correct.  But that's just me . I believe very firmly in what I call "mental pleasure ". Discussions like these give me serotonin If you will.  I like philosophy. So get used to it .:)

Yes, this is like a Sangha or sorts, we discuss things over, try not to take it personally, and have fun and maybe learn a bit too along the way...in one way it makes us have to look at another's POV and try to understand it better, it only gets crazy when one becomes an absolutist.. In essence I don't really know anything other than some survival skills, some hacks on getting peaceful and how to grow old with some grace and wisdom lol...

I think the debate whether Solipsism is a thing or not will keep happening if people identify with their human bodies. Some say they are the only thing/one in existence and others are just NPC's as if they are human and others are not. You are not the only human in existence because you are not a human to begin with. You are appearing as this human from this One Universal Mind. So is everyone/everything else. 

You are a hologram. One hologram cannot know the difference between being holographic and another hologram. Two holograms interacting are unaware of their holographic nature. 

Your true nature is Awareness. I am aware of typing this, that's it. When you read this you will be aware of reading it, but that's just me projecting that. If you respond to this post, I will be aware of reading your response, but I'm still just projecting that. "When you read this" and "I will be aware" doesn't exist. When I see myself as Awareness, then all others are just projections.

If I'm in a room talking with someone, who is doing the talking? No one. I am not talking to them, I'm aware of two people talking. I cannot say the other person is aware of two people talking either, because that is still a projection. 

Solipsism just means I, as Awareness, am aware. There is nothing outside of what I'm aware of. All others are within my awareness. Everything is within my awareness and if I'm Awareness then I'm everything, and if i'm everything, then there is no other.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

4) The Absolute is EVERYTHING & love is the driving force

so go enjoy life instead of mentally masturbating yourself into mental hell

your mind will never shut the fuck up, so stop believing your thoughts 

it is easy to see why people go crazy on this path

I am so glad I read the book 1000 by Ramaji early on which differentiated between different stages / insights and why it seems non-dual teachers aren't saying the same thing (because they're not) 

Francis Lucille talks about this and the danger of teaching too early, I think it happens a lot these days due to social media & it can be a trap 

As soon as you have students its easy to see yourself as a 'Guru' above others and then you are fucked

True awakening humbles the living shit out of you 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 you're not awake . Chill out .you are not conscious enough to understand what is being said .

-Osho

3 hours ago, Vibes said:

@Someone here  I thought you had admitted you're not awake either

Yes but I didn't claim to be awake . I just said to that guy to tone down his arrogant dialect and rudeness because he does not understand what is being said and he is preaching this new agey lovey dovey stuff .

-Osho

You absolutely exist. Here you are.

The only question is, what are you?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.