Ima Freeman

How do you come to an acceptance of death

145 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@James123 Of course, I am assuming most people here are well versed in trad Advaitan & surrendering though. 

I think what a lot of people miss is then EXPRESSING this (Spira calls it the Tantric Path) and actually creating a life of LOVE. 

Its great to understand the absolute is all there is. 

And, if you wanna live a monastic existence, great. 

However, most westerners (which I assume most here are, or at least not choosing a monastic life) we then have a life to live from this place. 

I believe, there is a lack of teachings on this, very few teachers talk about Post-Awakening living. 

So post surrender to the self, to express this in your very own unique human life is to create a life you love, and do what makes you happy. 

Do what FEELS good, and follow that, imo. 

Nothing will top St Augustine's simplicity- Love and do whatever you want!

Sorry for ramble lol 

In this Dream, we still have a unique nature that is crying to be expressed, in its own unique way. 

Yo, you seem like a great person. Good for you brother. By the way I agree with you. However, most people are not even awake including in this forum. Therefore, unfortunately there is no post awakening or love going on here. Mostly, drama. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

4 hours ago, Davino said:

How do you come to an acceptance of death?

You have no choice

Good point.

4 hours ago, Davino said:

This could help, if you watch till the end and go through the process

If you liked his style this book may help you:

adi da death.jpg

It is not merely to pose the question but to make the effort to answer it and transcend it, what will mark your failure or success in realizing what death is. Effort meaning time, energy, money, desire and life style.

These videos of Leo may also shine light on your quest: the topic of DeathFear and Survival

Thanks for sharing

@James123 Lol yeah that is why I kinda stopped posting for a few years and its addictive as shit. 

it may be conscious social media, but its still social media :D

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

42 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@James123 Lol yeah that is why I kinda stopped posting for a few years and its addictive as shit. 

it may be conscious social media, but its still social media :D

Lol. It is. But this consciousness stuff is so much fun man :)

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

4 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

You were never born & will never die 

This experience, is simply a game to be enjoyed in all its beauty 

Do what makes you happy & do what you love. 

Death may be non-existence, then deep sleep and unconsciousness have the same quality.

Or a new creature gets born after the continuity of this life. After all, a new day follows the emptiness of sleep. This experience right here got born, so what is stopping a new one being born after this?

Btw, it makes me happy to accept death :D

@MellowEd Yes we do have to accept God's mercy

But at the same time we are not saved no matter what

We have to strive to be saved and for that we have to do good deeds and become good

We have to exercise this choice of choosing to be good 

May God save us all 🙏

25 minutes ago, Atb210201 said:

But at the same time we are not saved no matter what

We have to strive to be saved and for that we have to do good deeds and become good

This is such baloney. This is what creates confusion. This is why people are depressed and suffer from anxiety. This is what's keeping us from ourselves. This is what's keeping us delusional. This is what's keeping us fearful. This is what's causing suffering. This is what's perpetrating evil. But you won't understand this. Because you've been indoctrinated into believing that we need saving, that we need to be "good" to enter the kingdom or whatever else you've been indoctrinated with. 

It doesn't even make sense when you look at it from a broader perspective. What does 'doing good" even mean, by whose standards. What about unsuspecting children, what about those who are closeted and never heard of the "word" what about animals and aliens and whatever else exists but humans. We're so arrogant and ignorant we believe we're the only thing that exists and need saving. I guess the tiger that ravishes the bull for food is OK but the man that chops off a chickens head for food is going to hell. Or is that good.....or bad..... dunno.

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

There is no "not accepting death". One day, death will kick down your doors and force you to accept it anyway. You have no choice other than to accept it, because it is you. You are death. You are life. No amount of worry will change that. Worry is still a useful tool as it can help you to stay alive and maximize your potential as a human being, but just like any tool, it can be misapplied and used in deconstructive ways. It's important to become mindful of when and how you apply worry, and to decide whether is serves you (in being constructive rather than deconstructive) or whether it keeps you from living up to your fullest potential.

Some level of fear is natural, but the fear itself must also die eventually. So don't worry, the fear will die right by your side.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

5 minutes ago, Atb210201 said:

@Princess Arabia Says who?

I pray for everybody's salvation my friend may all of us be saved in the end🙏

There is no end.

@Princess Arabia

@Princess Arabia 

All of your questions definitely have answers and the answers are in God's hand but only if you are deserving of them they will be given to you in your heart and mind

but until then you just have to trust God's intelligence on all of creation's ways not your own limited intelligence my friend.

I'm Sorry for me seeming like a delusional person maybe I am ;)

Accept yourself as God and everything else will follow ;)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 minutes ago, Atb210201 said:

You are indeed and that’s an expression of Love.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Just now, Atb210201 said:

@Princess Arabia

@Princess Arabia 

All of your questions definitely have answers and the answers are in God's hand but only if you are deserving of them they will be given to you in your heart and mind

but until then you just have to trust God's intelligence on all of creation's ways not your own limited intelligence my friend.

All of this is just so you don't have to take Spiritual Responsibility of your Self. Stop placing everything on God because it is you. There is no God outside of you. Take responsibility for your shit and wake up to you. That is the only saving you need. 

1 minute ago, Atb210201 said:

@Yimpa @Princess Arabia 

I definitely am not God my friend;)

If I am God why am I so limited ;)

You are limited precisely because YOU ARE UNLIMITED. Marinate on that.