Davino

The Cannabis Question I Full Documentary

26 posts in this topic

This Documentary is really good. I really recommend it to get a bigger picture of Cannabis in regards with medicine, science, psychology and business.

It makes you dumber.

Glory to Israel

It makes you more emotionally intelligent.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Just now, Yimpa said:

It makes you more emotionally intelligent.

It makes you less emotionally intelligent and lowers your consciousness in general.

Glory to Israel

3 minutes ago, Scholar said:

It makes you less emotionally intelligent and lowers your consciousness in general.

I suck at chess, so we are in agreement there!

I don’t take chess seriously at all.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Scholar If you are a chronic user who does not use it for medicinal purposes such as physical pain, Parkinsons, etc... and you use it just to get high then I agree it's not the best. However occasionally smoking once every few months isn't going to be bad for you, although most people aren't this responsible and don't respect drugs enough to do that. You should be happy enough in your life that you don't feel like you need to get high or want to get high frequently, it just isn't a high-conscious thing to do. I also think that stigmatizing it and saying it is always bad is not good either. I think you can have a healthy relationship with it and do it during the good times in your life.

If you smoke compulsively is a shit, if you use for meditation is great

All I know is that medical cannabis helped me get off of both antidepressants and stimulants. That should tell you a lot.

(this was a 5 year process which took time and development… good things take time to develop!)

Edited by Yimpa

On 25.1.2024 at 5:14 PM, Scholar said:

Being in a state of addiction does that. All mind altering substances can lead insights or even radical transformations which may increase your consciousness in the long run. Using cannabis infrequently (say once every three months) or even being addicted to it for one period and then overcoming it can definitely increase your consciousness. And I would say it's more so for cannabis than other addictive substances like say alcohol (because it's a semi-psychedelic and not hopelessly toxic).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

THC oil (Just don't make it a habit)  >  Vaping (this one isn't health wise but ok alright whatever) >>>>>>>> Smoking (that is the retarded one)

Sailing on the ceiling 

There are so many factors involved. I wouldn't worry too much about it making humans silly their already doing a good job of that. I know people who have had it pretty much every day and have done so for 30+ years and it has not affected their cognitive abilities whatsoever. The same areas of the brain can look similar but function in radically different ways in different people. They should do a study on why it affects people differently.  I have always wondered why, or perhaps they have. Yes in moderation of course for some and me. But for others, it seems to increase their consciousness and imagination. Who comes to my mind Oh yes my Mr Terence McKenna, Willie Nelson, and Snoop Dogg to name a few. Bless their hearts.

These days there are so many different strains out there. Something like over 700. One of them is OG Godfather which is touted as the world's strongest strain with THC levels at 30-35%. Which is insane. The main types like Sativa vs. Indica and the less known one Ruderalis. And of course, if you have ever grown your own when you harvest the plant buds can have an impact on what sort of high you would like to experience just by looking at the color of the trichomes. As well as Terpenes, Terpenes range dramatically in aroma, with varying smells often being associated with certain medicinal or psychoactive effects. These aromatic compounds are highly bioactive, and interact with different receptors in the body – including our endocannabinoid receptors – to produce varying effects.

If anyone has ever been paranoid on pot which happens sometimes. It's usually because the THC is so high. Nowadays you can get strains that contain more CBD than THC ratio so many to choose from. The best thing is to find a strain that works for you and have it in moderation unless you can function on it every day and does not become an addiction and that of course is up to the individual.

There is so much more that cannabis can offer the world and the plant has been used medicinally and recreationally for thousands of years, but recently only relatively some of its constituents have been identified. There are more than 550 chemical compounds in cannabis, with more than 100 phytocannabinoids being identified, including Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). These phytocannabinoids work by binding to the cannabinoid receptors, as well as other receptor systems. 

Growing cannabis in Mother Nature is the best way for me.  Without all these synthetic drugs nowadays and even the ones used in 1938 like LSD?  There is a  natural form of LSD in nature though different. Such as Hawaiian baby woodrose is structurally related to LSD. And I am sure that sometime soon there will be a lot more psychoactive plants, fungi, and animals to be found even more in the ocean. 

As for cannabis becoming an addiction for some maybe but for others no. Anything can become an addiction. Our entire body is made up of chemicals, and they are constantly interacting with one another. 

I do so love those dopamine and Serotonin hits in the morning noon and night. As well as from physical activity can produce your brain's feel-good neurotransmitters, called endorphins. I guess one could say TV mobile phones sugar, coffee carbs social media platforms, News etc. Can be just as addictive or worse when one is constantly feeding their mind not just their body with such fetid dross and trash.  

This was the heartfelt story of this courageous beautiful girl. Named Charlotte. That forever changed the world.

And I remember finding this out and it broke my heart. And still brings me to tears even when I write this.

Or mediated by exogenous substances

278398544_5228582433831034_6575652148897309138_n.jpg

Edited by Jehovah increases

Love is the λόγος' of humanity. The very important thing is to Love all flora and fauna of all kinds of species that inhabit the environment. Whether you call it Mother Earth or Gaia etc." To love all beings in the world and Universe with unconditionally Love and unbiased. Humanity doesn't mean only love it includes compassion peace and being kind generous to one another and non-judgmental and having more respect for others, especially your elders. Trying to always see the best in people. Being more authentic and more genuine and having moral integrity and values. Try to think for yourselves somewhere along the way humans have lost the ability to independent thought. Forgive all, especially yourselves, and always speak well of everyone because you never know what they're going through or have been through. Always be there for your family and friends and above all just be you and recognize and embrace your individuality, your own unique beautiful self. Try and love yourself a bit more every day and never stop dreaming or using your wonderful human Imagination.❤♾❤?    

5 minutes ago, Jehovah increases said:

I know people who have had it pretty much every day and have done so for 30+ years and it has not affected their cognitive abilities whatsoever.

So they didn't get high?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I stopped smoking weed for around 4 years and came back after healing some stuff. I do it now ritually, no need to do it daily, but sometimes I feel it takes me back to relive my past ayahuasca ceremonies so I have to be careful how much I consume. I need to do a better study of this cuz I had done it like 4 times on 2023.

Before I wasn’t a big fan of it, now I can appreciate more its potential. 

Edited by Juan

@Davino

On 2024-01-24 at 9:44 AM, Davino said:

This Documentary is really good. I really recommend it to get a bigger picture of Cannabis in regards with medicine, science, psychology and business.

I agree it' a decent documentary, but I think the biggest legit argument against Cannabis is it's chemical addictive property in the weed itself, followed by questionable processing of cannabis into a rolled joint or some other form. Way better than cannabis are other natural psychedelics, especially LSD as that has a strong anti addiction property to it, which BTW was the foundation of the 12 step program in America, but due to Nixon's war on drugs, they had to illegalize LSD, take it out the 12 step program, which significantly reduced it's effectiveness to treat addictions of alcohol or drug origins.

On 28/01/2024 at 6:51 AM, Carl-Richard said:

So they didn't get high?

They still get high but function even better when on it and can do everyday tasks even go to work. If I sat there with them and had the same amount I would be blasted off to space and could hardly function. It's almost as though their brain is hard-wired for THC. And then there are those that whom cannabis does not seem to have an effect at all and doesn't seem to get high I always suspected they may have a higher tolerance level and could just need much higher doses of THC.  Just like we humans have different thresholds for pain. I remember a chap who when presented with the idea of going to the dentist would give him pain. 

This could all be due to the endocannabinoid system. Which is powerful and nearly ubiquitous in the nervous system. The cannabinoid receptors dispersed throughout many brain regions are responsible for the regulation of numerous aspects of neuronal activity and account for the bewildering variety of behavioral and psychological effects caused by THC. I noticed when I used to have it I would smoke the same strain for a while and would become more resistant to it over time. The high would become less and less. And just changing to a different strain would fix that.

The other thing is I have bought CBD oil and even grown my own Charlotte's Web. Which I found out about when I was researching CBD about five years ago. Anyway CBD has no effect if any apart from making me feel a tiny bit relaxed. I have smoked and taken it orally. But what works for me may or may not work for another. I know from other members on this forum and from researching it online that it works wonders for them which is beautiful.

Edited by Jehovah increases

Love is the λόγος' of humanity. The very important thing is to Love all flora and fauna of all kinds of species that inhabit the environment. Whether you call it Mother Earth or Gaia etc." To love all beings in the world and Universe with unconditionally Love and unbiased. Humanity doesn't mean only love it includes compassion peace and being kind generous to one another and non-judgmental and having more respect for others, especially your elders. Trying to always see the best in people. Being more authentic and more genuine and having moral integrity and values. Try to think for yourselves somewhere along the way humans have lost the ability to independent thought. Forgive all, especially yourselves, and always speak well of everyone because you never know what they're going through or have been through. Always be there for your family and friends and above all just be you and recognize and embrace your individuality, your own unique beautiful self. Try and love yourself a bit more every day and never stop dreaming or using your wonderful human Imagination.❤♾❤?    

@Juan

16 hours ago, Juan said:

I stopped smoking weed for around 4 years and came back after healing some stuff. I do it now ritually, no need to do it daily, but sometimes I feel it takes me back to relive my past ayahuasca ceremonies so I have to be careful how much I consume. I need to do a better study of this cuz I had done it like 4 times on 2023.

Before I wasn’t a big fan of it, now I can appreciate more its potential. 

Sorry to hear you have addiction issues.

All substances have varying effects on the person who uses them. For me  specifically edibles raised my awareness and increased by emotional intelligence. It unlocked creative blockages I didn't even know existed. As always, all opinions/perspectives surrounding its use is based on your personal experiences. 

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

All substances have varying effects on the person who uses them. For me  specifically edibles raised my awareness and increased by emotional intelligence. It unlocked creative blockages I didn't even know existed. As always, all opinions/perspectives surrounding its use is based on your personal experiences. 

But not based on documentation and research so far into the substance used?

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

Sorry to hear you have addiction issues.

There is no mention of addiction on what I wrote.

On 27.1.2024 at 6:08 PM, Carl-Richard said:

Being in a state of addiction does that. All mind altering substances can lead insights or even radical transformations which may increase your consciousness in the long run. Using cannabis infrequently (say once every three months) or even being addicted to it for one period and then overcoming it can definitely increase your consciousness. And I would say it's more so for cannabis than other addictive substances like say alcohol (because it's a semi-psychedelic and not hopelessly toxic).

Weed is way overhyped. Most people are too immature to benefit from it, aside from people with specific medical conditions.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel