thierry

Spiral dynamics is bs

42 posts in this topic

@thierry Like all model it has its uses 

Becomes toxic when you think its a race or you're 'better' because you're X stage. 

And, people forget there is crucial lessons to integrate from ALL stages, and there's also toxic elements 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

3 hours ago, BlueOak said:

I used to say everyone is trying to reach a state of love, but i've edited that message a lot. I think people have the choice to do so, over and over again. In every action, we get to choose division, confusion, disassociation etc. Or we get to choose, connection, love, harmony etc. Each time we pick the latter, we embody more of ourselves.

Every action is motivated by Love, even if it is a sick twisted love for pain, horror, trauma, egomania, bullying, etc.

9 minutes ago, tuku747 said:

Every action is motivated by Love, even if it is a sick twisted love for pain, horror, trauma, egomania, bullying, etc.

That was my defacto thinking for a long time.

Tell me have you ever chosen something that is the opposite to this, even knowing the other action would put you closer to love, infinity or connection?

When our main intent in life is to stop trying to gain something from it and instead be more of a contributor and start to find ways how we can serve, the Universe will mirror that back to us more ways it can serve us. If we're constantly looking at things for what we can gain from it, things start to become the enemy. Then we'll move on to something else that we think may satisfy and gratify the ego and it's worldly desires and the cycle keeps going until we've labelled everything bs. Then the real journey to home begins. It's all in the design. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

8 hours ago, BlueOak said:

That was my defacto thinking for a long time.

Tell me have you ever chosen something that is the opposite to this, even knowing the other action would put you closer to love, infinity or connection?

Of course. What does the ego know of true motive anyway? All it knows is its desire to do anything in the short term. Short-sighted, guided by temporary pleasures, and the illusion of separation lead humans to inflict cruel acts on one another just to bolster one's sense of superiority, as a pre-emptive defense mechanism. Ask a troll why they like making others suffer. For teh lolz, ofc. It's an ego-trip.

Edited by tuku747

Koopa Troopas are BS while you’re working on your finances but can be a serious threat while you’re playing a Mario game.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I’m actually just now going super deep into all the spiral dynamics, Susanne Cook and Integral Theory 

Its fascinating but i still see its limitation. You can’t just simply box people like that, it’s way too complex 

Yes Boxing people has never been the right way:

Best to open up the way like Leo:

46 minutes ago, thierry said:

Yes Boxing people has never been the right way:

Best to open up the way like Leo:

(It was a coward move from me, I’m so politically correct, I feel like a sucker.)

12 hours ago, tuku747 said:

Of course. What does the ego know of true motive anyway? All it knows is its desire to do anything in the short term. Short-sighted, guided by temporary pleasures, and the illusion of separation lead humans to inflict cruel acts on one another just to bolster one's sense of superiority, as a pre-emptive defense mechanism. Ask a troll why they like making others suffer. For teh lolz, ofc. It's an ego-trip.

Nice video, grateful for that imagery.
@tuku747

Yes, the ego needs a constant reminder in the external reality that this way
Leads back to infinity. <---------
-------> This way does not.

Because we've concealed the fact we are infinity, we still need reminders of it. Otherwise it's just blindness.

18 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

When our main intent in life is to stop trying to gain something from it and instead be more of a contributor and start to find ways how we can serve, the Universe will mirror that back to us more ways it can serve us. If we're constantly looking at things for what we can gain from it, things start to become the enemy. Then we'll move on to something else that we think may satisfy and gratify the ego and it's worldly desires and the cycle keeps going until we've labelled everything bs. Then the real journey to home begins. It's all in the design. 

@Princess Arabia

I do like the summary and I'm mostly in alignment with your thinking. One thing to consider in thinking what you say is a forgone conclusion.
Infinity is capable of infinite amounts of BS, so you could be here forever.

I often like to look at the rising population on earth, as an indicator that we have a bottleneck of people waiting to reintegrate with infinity. If the population was more constant, then I'd say we'd reached a more balanced system here. Unless the design is for us to be on multiple planets at once, but that won't be happening on mass, if at all, for a thousand years.

Edited by BlueOak

Hah! Of course you wouldn’t believe in spiral dynamics. You’re (insert derogatory color here)! I’m (insert cooler color grading here)

😂

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

Is not bullshit. Is just a model.

If you are into politics is a great guide.

It can help to improve yourself, living with more understanding, compassion and love.

The problem if you want awakening is that can lead to error, thinking you have to reach turquoise for that, or when people confuse it as a spiritual staircase.

Is great info, and has great practical application, but at some point you have to drop it.

46 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

Understanding them is.

I can’t. He’s 10 time more woke than I am. But hard to have compassion on people who are ready to sacrifice a large part of population.

3 hours ago, BlueOak said:

Infinity is capable of infinite amounts of BS, so you could be here forever.

You're right about that, and I do get what you're saying as you recognized what I was saying too; Infinity is just that Infinite. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

I believe there is probably a bit of truth to Spiral Dynamic theory, definitely some interesting concepts, thing that gets me is that I figure Ken Wilber probably has a huge ego, which kind of goes against a base level of spiritual teachings. Just take a look at most of his books and he always has a big picture of himself looking superior on the cover of most of his books… To me that is very telling of how he perceives himself. Not to mention that I understand he took/stole a lot of Spiral Dynamic theory from another earlier researcher… Wasn’t he in legal battles over ownership of Spiral Dynamic teachings… I wish I could remember who first came up with Spiral Dynamics theory because a large bit of it wasn’t his original concepts. There’s also a cult like vibe to his Integral Theory followers.

Edited by Cosmic-Resplendence

4 minutes ago, Cosmic-Resplendence said:

Not to mention that I had heard that he took at lot of Spiral Dynamic understandings from another earlier researcher

Is Ramana Maharshi being egotistical for basically embodying what the Buddha understood eons earlier?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

No, but Wilber was in legal battle over who owned the information. He wanted to own it, not just pass the information on. I wish I could remember the guys name… They were originally friends, they aren’t even on speaking terms any more. They essentially hate each other. I think Wilber tried changing the color system around to avoid litigation. I might be incorrect with some of this stuff… It was a long time ago, 15 years ago or something. Possibly things have changed since then.

Just checked, might be Don Edward Beck, or Christopher Cowen that originally conceived of the spiral dynamic concepts based off even earlier concepts by Clare W. Graves.