bebotalk

spiritiuality and closed-mindedness

19 posts in this topic

Are spiritual people more inclined to not accept others' views, or perspectives? Few if any people are completely closed or open-minded, however spiritual people often get overly confident in the veracity of their views. It seems having a different standpoint is offensive to them. Humanity is offensive to them, seemingly. 

17 minutes ago, bebotalk said:

however spiritual people often get overly confident in the veracity of their views. It seems having a different standpoint is offensive to them.

This is just human nature, or more accurately, ego nature. Spiritual views do not put you above it.

Humanity is offensive to them, seemingly. 

I also noticed a misanthropic bias when it comes to spirituality, but perhaps moreso in the psychedelic circles. Many factors can be pointed out, but I believe part of it is the beautiful and blissful states that psychedelics create, combined with the contrast in coming back down to the baseline human experience and having to live there.

Are spiritual people more inclined to not accept others' views, or perspectives?

Not as much as any other person.

If it is someone chronically taking psychedelics, I believe that creates a higher potential for closed-mindedness though. With psychedelics, there is an initial moment of "wow I don't know what reality is" which moves into "the psychedelics showed me that this is what reality is, I need more psychedelic experiences so I can piece it all together, no, you're wrong, you just need to take more psychedelics."

Psychedelic experiences are very powerful. In strength, it is like experiencing being robbed or having your house burned down. It is very radical and real. Humans already imagine bearded men in the sky from their baseline state, imagine what kind of beliefs psychedelics would create.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

49 minutes ago, bebotalk said:

Are spiritual people more inclined to not accept others' views, or perspectives? Few if any people are completely closed or open-minded, however spiritual people often get overly confident in the veracity of their views. It seems having a different standpoint is offensive to them. Humanity is offensive to them, seemingly. 

This is the sign of spirit egos no different than those who are not spiritual.

Really, a deep spiritual depth with a strong psychology and robust set of experienced makes you very open. This openness breads maturity as you make distinctions within an open mind. Nothing should really offend an authentically spiritual person. Though, in practice this may not happen at all times.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

It takes courage to be open to the close-minded. There’s a lot to learn from it with an open-mind. 

I tried to catch some fog earlier. I mist.

1 hour ago, bebotalk said:

In my experience, yes this a common trap or pitfall of those who call themselves ‘spiritual.’

Paradoxical

Still less that "lambda" people.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

2 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Still less that "lambda" people.

11 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Sometimes I wish I was a sheep, it seems less complicated.

baaa 🐑

The devil is in the details.

I think once something big spiritual happens inside of you it changes your perspective so fast you can see both perspectives at the same time. Something big like God will change you and if you try to argue with people about it it will seem like you are being close minded but they simply do not understand what you are saying and you cant make them if they did understand you it would seem like you cursed them with Tasha's hideous laughter. You can also understand what they are saying because you were there before and they wont understand that its not about knowledge or logic and they will try to out logic or out fact you and it will seem like you are deflecting but you arent.

Anything about consciousness or God cannot be argued but anything spiritual like aliens, angels numbers anything else has gotta be ego but thats fine thats the point of the game.

Edited by Hojo

being offended is your teacher

look for it every day

it's god's gift

so you can learn and open up

every person offending you is doing exactly what they need to do

and giving you exactly what you need to receive

live the s.o.o.d life - seek out offenders daily

:P

Close-mindedness is simply resistance to Love.

On 12/01/2024 at 7:58 AM, gettoefl said:

being offended is your teacher

look for it every day

it's god's gift

so you can learn and open up

every person offending you is doing exactly what they need to do

and giving you exactly what you need to receive

live the s.o.o.d life - seek out offenders daily

:P

I didn't say I was offended. 

On 1/11/2024 at 1:25 PM, bebotalk said:

If Your really on the Spiritual Path, which is a path towards Truth and Reality, then one becomes more connected with so called "other", in your experience there is no real other, you are them, they are you, you see the sameness in everyone more than the differences society/culture/business wants you to see, so when it comes to different perpectives yes there maybe disagreements but that doesn't produce a emotional response to it, or offence of any sort, a spiritual person determines how they want to be withing themselves, so it won't matter to them that others may intellectual see or describe things differently on that level, imho:)

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

You cannot force anything with consciousness - anything goes. Even limitations and close-mindedness. Seriously, what would have authority over Consciousness, which is NOW? 

On 14/01/2024 at 8:31 PM, Squeekytoy said:

Accept, yes. Believe, no.

You can take that to mean close mindedness or open mindedness, it probably says more about the one taking it as such.

People are not responsible to you with their thoughts or beliefs. It seems many spiritual people believe this. why? it's baseless. did their god or spirit tell them this? As most spiritual people are like this, then it means they are not good/nice people and should not be associated with. 

I assume you'll get your temple to "sort me out" merely for disagreeing with you.  looooool. 

Edited by bebotalk

On 14/01/2024 at 8:40 PM, Yimpa said:

You cannot force anything with consciousness - anything goes. Even limitations and close-mindedness. Seriously, what would have authority over Consciousness, which is NOW? 

I don't understand. This seems like some subjective view your temple taught you. There are different thoughts and cognition out there.

3 hours ago, bebotalk said:

I don't understand. This seems like some subjective view your temple taught you. There are different thoughts and cognition out there.

Temple of Love

On 11/1/2024 at 8:21 PM, Yimpa said:

It takes courage to be open to the close-minded. There’s a lot to learn from it with an open-mind. 

Certainly, lately been having troubles to even post in the forum. It gets sickening after one point, when you see beyond the dramas. Everybody just wants to say it's own thing and is damn sure he's right. Then wants to convice everybody like preachers and it's a rat game.

Is there anyone in here even interested in truth? Why are we all having this communications in the first place? Most of the time we talk to walls that just wait to parrot their "precious" ideas 

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity

7 minutes ago, Davino said:

Certainly, lately been having troubles to even post in the forum. It gets sickening after one point, when you see beyond the dramas. Everybody just wants to say it's own thing and is damn sure he's right. Then wants to convice everybody like preachers and it's a rat game.

Is there anyone in here even interested in truth? Why are we all having this communications in the first place? Most of the time we talk to walls that just wait to parrot their "precious" ideas 

Truth cannot just be spoken. It’s every possible word ever spoken.