ivankiss

The character never awakens. Consciousness does.

83 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Firstly, that is not Neo-Advaita, just Advaita. Neo-Advaita claims there is nothing the character can do to awaken.

He is saying that implicitly when he says there are no awakend characters. No awakened me or you or Leo.  So he is unwittingly saying there is nothing the character can do to awaken . Which is just BS. There are literally hundreds of different meditation techniques to awaken .

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Secondly, it's true though from a certain perspective that the character doesn't awaken. That said, the awakening "looks" like something, an enlightened mirror image so to speak, in the form of an "enlightened individual". But it's not this individual that has grasped the truth, rather that the individual stepped aside and reality poured in. But yes, again, that looks like something.

Is there an individual or not ? How can the individual be enlightened and yet be absent and "reality " just rushed in . 

Look..both No-self and solipsism are nonsense. I dont buy them with a spit on the ground  .

Anyway..Ivan is a brilliant guy ..but I'm shocked by this post which is like he moved one step forward and ten steps backwards. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Anyway..Ivan is a brilliant guy ..but I'm shocked by this post which is like he moved one step forward and ten steps backwards. 

Still not as brilliant as me… I’m the type of lad to move one step forward and one hundred steps sideways.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

He is saying that implicitly when he says there are no awakend characters. No awakened me or you or Leo.  So he is unwittingly saying there is nothing the character can do to awaken . Which is just BS. There are literally hundreds of different meditation techniques to awaken .

Is there an individual or not ? How can the individual be enlightened and yet be absent and "reality " just rushed in . 

Look..both No-self and solipsism are nonsense. I dont buy them with a spit on the ground  .

Why are you so sure. You don't even know your head from your tail😜

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The Absolute is Oneness, not-two, non-duality. That is what is being pointed to.

It sounds weird when it's put into words, but it becomes clear that the individual has stepped aside and what has been realized is far beyond the individual.

But do you buy non-duality? Because that is equivalent to no self ("no separate self").

It's fine you don't buy no self, certainly solipsism (as it has nothing to do with enlightenment imo, or at least I don't like the word). But then why talk about it? 😅

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 hours ago, ivankiss said:

To awaken, is to dream no longer.

Kinda lost me here. What does it mean to no longer dream. To know it's a dream? To "die?". Thought the dream was Infinite.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

Kinda lost me here. What does it mean to no longer dream. To know it's a dream? To "die?". Thought the dream was Infinite.

I better like this pointer: enlightenment is to be awake in the dream. Like lucid dreaming, only in "real life".

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

I better like this pointer: enlightenment is to be awake in the dream. Like lucid dreaming, only in "real life".

Yeah that's what I say too. Only difference is I say we are all enlightened. We just have to recognize ourselves and stop seeing ourselves as what we're not. That's Awakening, which have different levels.

13 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Still not as brilliant as me… I’m the type of lad to move one step forward and one hundred steps sideways.

Lol .

You still didn't tell me  what are you high on ? I asked you this before 😆 

12 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Why are you so sure. You don't even know your head from your tail😜

1-No offence hopefully..Why you must jump into anything I post and comment on it ?

2-your profile says you joined in mid 2020. Curious why all the sudden you became so active on here and post every five minutes?  I mean so am I.  But I don't have a life ,technically.  Are you the same? 

9 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

The Absolute is Oneness, not-two, non-duality. That is what is being pointed to.

But do you buy non-duality? Because that is equivalent to no self ("no separate self").

It's fine you don't buy no self, certainly solipsism (as it has nothing to do with enlightenment imo, or at least I don't like the word). But then why talk about it? 😅

There is no self and there is a self simultaneously.  If you mean the entity residing behind the eyes ..yeah that's fictitious..but YOU are all of existence.  Not just consciousness which is the empty canvas that forms take place within..but you are these forms as well.

You =everything. 

-Osho

Whether you say it's the character that awakens, or that it's the awareness/consciousness/God/Reality that awakens, the problem lies in that you assign individual-ship or credit to someone or something.

If we assume the awakening you talk about it to be anything similar to NoSelf, The proper way to think about it is that identifications regarding the character were dissolved, which occured due to many chain reactions and random occurrences.

But for embodiment reasons, there is no benefit to think this way.

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

1-No offence hopefully..Why you must jump into anything I post and comment on it ?

2-your profile says you joined in mid 2020. Curious why all the sudden you became so active on here and post every five minutes?  I mean so am I.  But I don't have a life ,technically.  Are you the same? 

Speak English I don't understand blabbering. That sounds a bit jibberish to me.

@Princess Arabia I said what I just said . you are not dreaming. Slap yourself in the face .

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

If you mean the entity residing behind the eyes ..yeah that's fictitious

The entity residing behind the eyes is all there is. That's what's looking. Observing. It's you. The real you. Someone here is the fiction.

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Princess Arabia I said what I just said . you are not dreaming. Slap yourself in the face .

No sense in throwing words like that at me. They mean nothing. I give meaning to my own life not you. They meant nothing to my ears when I read them. So i'm back in focus. Plus I'm my own employer and authority. I do what I want, when I want except for following man-made rules and laws when appropriate.

Edited by Princess Arabia

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Lol .

You still didn't tell me  what are you high on ? I asked you this before 😆 

High on life is the best descriptor. I’m experiencing and allowing perspectives that I would’ve never been open to before. Making stronger connections not just within myself, but holistically tying those connections with what we assume is the outer world. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

That's kindergarten to this work.  Are you aware of cartoon wolf awakening 2.0 ?

If you haven't transformed into a carp at this point then you clearly haven't been putting in the work.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

41 minutes ago, Osaid said:

If you haven't transformed into a carp at this point then you clearly haven't been putting in the work.

Edited by Yimpa

Whatever, but these ideas might be possible ideas, where absolute nondoership really might exist with infinite ideas that contain and are connected to itself as infinite possible worldly structures where words also contain themselves as possible intelligence points that deconstruct themselves, as layers of self inclusivity that discloses itself to itself to no end, in a sense, so to speak. 

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Very good pointer😊👍

the character doesn't have an awakening

awakening now has a character 

to do stuff with for a while

welcome character 2.0 

ego is undone

time to have fun

@ivankiss. Nice post .

The character/individual floats around in the real You. Capital Y. And it is more or less subtly disturbing the realization of the real impersonal nature of Absolute Reality/Consciousness. 

It is just that fully realizing that is the death of the illusion (technically called ignorance) of the small you, or the individual.

And zero chance to fully get that until..... small you/individuality is fully seen through and dead. Which is an event that doesn't get overlooked so easily, since, um, what you were before is dead then.

Replaced by the impersonal (!) Totality, the Real You. Yes, IT is not personal.  IT doesn't need anything, not even self-consciousness. IT just is. Good news: IT always is. Never can not be. Being itself. Same can not be said for the character/individuality.

And if one is not exactly THAT right now, and fully aware of that (and its impersonal nature), merged with (or better BEING) the Totality in a boundless infinite nondual way, there is some illusion/individuality/ignorance going on... Alien or not.

Of course it is much easier to project the remaining "individuality" floating around in the truly impersonal infinite Absolute Reality ON all the manifesting appearances happening in that Absolute Reality, nondual (but not impersonal) states boosted by certain.... substances. And then go mountain-ridge-facet-of-the-Absolute climbing, proclaiming I AM GOD... Only problem: The "I" in the sentence before is the illusion with lots of ignorance still remaining in it, not the real Impersonal God/Reality/True You.

So the question is again: Who (really) hears these words? xD

Selling Water by the River