Maximilian

Elon Musk and 𝕏

89 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any thoughts on the whole Elon Musk and 𝕏 fiasco that is currently unfolding?

I have just started using the platform as a means to grow my personal brand and I personally love the stance Elon Musk has taken in support of free speech.

Elon just recently made comments where he told advertisers who pulled out of 𝕏 to "Go fuck themselves."

It's kind of ironic because I just finished watching Leo's video on the Social Matrix. 

I do think that the way Musk handles himself at times can be careless. 

Advertisers have been pulling back from 𝕏 for a while now, but Elon's recent comments which were labeled by the media as "antisemitic" caused a mass exodus.

Personally, I don't think that Musk is an antisemite. Especially considering the fact that he just visited Israel and spoke with Netanyahu about the October 7th massacre.

Any thoughts, guys?

The internet has rotted Elon Musk's mind.

The old Twitter was professionally managed. Now it runs on the whims of a narcissistic man-child.

He's not an anti-semite. He's just immature, narcissistic, unprofessional, and surrounded by yes-men who cannot check him. Elon Musk thinks he knows better than everyone, which makes him act like fool sometimes.

It was obvious to everyone that free speech absolutism doesn't exist on any major social platforms because it is terrible for business, not because of censorship. But Musk refuses to admit this. The entire premise for him buying Twitter was based on a wrong-headed theory of "censorship". When in reality it was just good ole fashioned capitalism. But Musk is too arrogant to admit this now. So instead he keeps doubling down and blaming everyone but his bad political theory.

It's very simple: If you want a profitable social media platform then you cannot have free speech absolutism. This has nothing to do with leftist ideology. It's just common decency.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That just means that Elon Musk is a boss. If you are a pioneer people will dislike you. It is part of the job. He is truly a beacon of light inspiring millions of people. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It's very simple: If you want a profitable social media platform then you cannot have free speech absolutism. This has nothing to do with leftist ideology. It's just common decency.

What are the limits of Musk's free speech absolutism? Does he allow nazis on his platform? I am not familiar with either Twitter or X. Is X worse than Twitter in real life or is it all just in theory?

Edited by LSD-Rumi

8 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

That just means that Elon Musk is a boss. If you are a pioneer people will dislike you. It is part of the job. He is truly a beacon of light inspiring millions of people. 

Lol. This is how you fuck up your business. Don't you know in business, you are not the boss? You are merely a provider, Consumers actually are your boss. If you disrespect your clients, then you are fucked for good.

@LSD-Rumi he has all the money in the world so he doesn’t have to bend over to bottom feeders. Twitter is going nowhere anytime soon. Good thing he is showing character and tell it how it is.  

9 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@LSD-Rumi he has all the money in the world so he doesn’t have to bend over to bottom feeders. Twitter is going nowhere anytime soon. Good thing he is showing character and tell it how it is.  

He poured 45 billion into Twitter and Threads is coming strong. He has everything to care about actually.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

14 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

He poured 45 billion into Twitter and Threads is coming strong. He has everything to care about actually.

Why? He can lose another 45 billion and still have enough money to last him for 100 lifetimes. He clearly doesn't care, he is just fooling around. Even if Twitter will be gone, this will have no effect on him personally.

8 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

Why? He can lose another 45 billion and still have enough money to last him for 100 lifetimes. He clearly doesn't care, he is just fooling around. Even if Twitter will be gone, this will have no effect on him personally.

Typical poor man’s mindset. He can do what he wants. People should admire such people who don’t put money on a pedestal. There are more important things in life. 

Omg so many Elon Musk fan boys everywhere. This is why I love personal development, it is very hard to be done right, you can't just listen to a father figure to do it right as you would do for learning a basic skill like making money. But yea, getting attached to gurus and ideologies is a hard stage to overcome, god help you kids.

1 hour ago, Something Funny said:

He care about  status more than money. Also, Musk needs money if he is gonna send us to Mars, lol. 

Edited by LSD-Rumi

2 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Billionaires care about his status more than money. Also, he needs money if he is gonna send us to Mars, lol. 

His status is build on him being to cool to care. He literally told twitter advertisers to fuck off. This should tell you enough.

28 minutes ago, Alexop said:

Omg so many Elon Musk fan boys everywhere. This is why I love personal development, it is very hard to be done right, you can't just listen to a father figure to do it right as you would do for learning a basic skill like making money. But yea, getting attached to gurus and ideologies is a hard stage to overcome, god help you kids.

So if you agree with the stance he takes, you're automatically a fan boy who is projecting a father figure?

Not sure where the gurus and ideologies thing is coming from, that's neither here nor there since Elon is not a guru nor an ideologue. He's not really preaching anything or convincing anyone of his stance, he's just acting on what he believes in a powerful way. And making a complete ass of himself on his own platform, that too.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The old Twitter was professionally managed. Now it runs on the whims of a narcissistic man-child.

He's not an anti-semite. He's just immature, narcissistic, unprofessional, and surrounded by yes-men who cannot check him. Elon Musk thinks he knows better than everyone, which makes him act like fool sometimes.

All true but you should really stop throwing around the term "narcissism", I do not believe you know what it actually means.

But let's check that: how is narcissism defined according to you?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The old Twitter was professionally managed

It was unprofitable and would ban you for petty stuff . The only way they would keep running was if they took funding from wealthy donor and did what they said word by word. 

Not that the current one is any better, but in terms of user experience it has considerably improved. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

This must be a troll post, I thought all of the Elon Musk fanboys had died off :D

He's pioneering is into the realm of how quickly you can fuck up an established corporation and lose 45 billion dollars.

The only thing special about Twitter is that it was created first, and so had an established brand built up over 15 years. He literally bought a 15 year old brand for 45 billion dollars and then got rid of the brand. It will go down as one of the dumbest business decisions ever made.

@something_else people like you said the same thing about Tesla 10 years ago. Those people swallowed their words just like you will and you will pretend otherwise. All the while Elon’s name will be written in gold  on stone. 🤣

Edited by StarStruck

Elon Musk just isn't good at running a media company or communications website.
It's not surprising, nobody is good at everything. Engineers and Scientists are often not skilled communicators in my experience.

I mean the premise is stupid also. I am buying this company because I don't like how it operates from an ethical standpoint. Okay, so a purely stage-green moral judgment is being imposed over a business. So you've changed how it operates to fit your moral view of the world, and now it's seeing difficulty. Completely understandable. The same happens when I do it to myself, I'll moralize rather than earn money doing something, and I run into difficulty. To expect anything else would be stupid, I am not saying doing that around the globe in industries is wrong either, just that the expectation of anything else but difficulty was silly. - Especially given this is a public platform that is built on people expressing their views or sharing information.

Edited by BlueOak

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Elon Musk thinks he knows better than everyone, which makes him act like fool sometimes.

Who could know better, Leo … who?

It was obvious to everyone that free speech absolutism doesn't exist on any major social platforms because it is terrible for business, not because of censorship.

Was this obvious to EVERYONE?

But Musk is too arrogant to admit this now. So instead he keeps doubling down and blaming everyone but his bad political theory.

What is humility and why do so many consider it a virtue?

It's very simple: If you want a profitable social media platform then you cannot have free speech absolutism.

What is more important, profitability or free speech? Which does he seem to value more?

This has nothing to do with leftist ideology. It's just common decency.

What is 'common decency' and what is the price we must pay for it?
What is the benefit of it in return for that price?

What is 'free speech' and what is the price we must pay for it?
What is the benefit of it in return for the price?

Can a cost-to-benefit analysis of free speech and common decency be carried out?