faith

Meditation And Weed?

19 posts in this topic

Hi friends!

Was wondering if anybody tried meditation with weed? Would you recommend it? 

Thank you for your input :D

I recommend just mediating sober, but you can mediate high as well. Just make make sure your not mediating high every time.

9 hours ago, ashashlov said:

Would you recommend it? 

Depends what you smoke weed for, an escape from your everyday life, soberity, identity? 

Whatever the reason meditation can be just as effective in any state of mind, with any drug, at any time, it's about the relationship you share with your experience, not the technicalities with your current state. 

I don't actually smoke weed or take any other drugs, but I remember how weed is from college days, and I think that if I were to apply it to meditation, I could get some nice consciousness state, or I may start having a bad trip, which is still good because you confront your demons. In any case, I would want to do it because I think it would give me a higher understanding, but I could be wrong.

Depends on the person and the type of weed. Sativa/Indica ect..

Cannabis for example helps me go deep into imagination, visualization and actually feeling empowered by the thoughts and words and actions i do when working with spiritual things, i am in the complete present and actually feel my energy i am expressing manifesting into reality much more but i only get high once in a while if you do it too often it doesn't become nowhere near as powerful and effective.

Find what works you for, experiment this is your life, you are free to do so :)

Sober general meditation for me is very clear and warm, peaceful and refreshing. High meditation is for when i wanna go deeper or higher psychedelics for even deeper meditation to bypass the countless hours to reach that point in the sober state. Everything in Moderation, follow your spirit.

B R E A T H E

I used to meditate on weed all the time.  After a while I realized it was a huge psychological crutch for me.  I'm not saying this will be everybody's experience, but very careful with it.  I would say that it's much better to meditate sober.  But don't let me stop you from trying it haha :)

10 hours ago, pluto said:

Depends on the person and the type of weed. Sativa/Indica ect..

Cannabis for example helps me go deep into imagination, visualization and actually feeling empowered by the thoughts and words and actions i do when working with spiritual things, i am in the complete present and actually feel my energy i am expressing manifesting into reality much more but i only get high once in a while if you do it too often it doesn't become nowhere near as powerful and effective.

Find what works you for, experiment this is your life, you are free to do so :)

Sober general meditation for me is very clear and warm, peaceful and refreshing. High meditation is for when i wanna go deeper or higher psychedelics for even deeper meditation to bypass the countless hours to reach that point in the sober state. Everything in Moderation, follow your spirit.

It definitely is a imagination booster. I've been able to dive deep deep deep into the subconscious and consciously project high def images from i don't even know where. 

With open eyes I would sit and stare at the blank curtain and project onto it from my imagination, not even knowing what will follow, just recognising it and being at awe at the amazingness of that experience.

Weed is definitely a good meditation aider from time to time, it definitely helps change the state of consciousness. 

Also I've reached a state where I could observe thoughts from a huge distance and zoom in and out, open boxes full of thoughts and close them. Everything seemed neetly stored and it was godlike.

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

I think it's great every 1-2 weeks, that's how I like it now.

Great tool.

I think twice a week should be the maximum for pretty much everyone, because you can also integrate the states into your life and experience it naturally, that's where you want to go.

14 minutes ago, Spacious said:

@ashashlov Once every couple of months, a nice high can help dislodge some mental blockages. I've done it many times and been pleased with the results, but it is easy for weed to become a habit, and not a useful one. Personally, I would say psychedelics are better for insights if that's your game, they are probably harder to turn into a habit than weed.

But weed is way less dangerous than psychedelics right? Also the addiction is usually only psychological, the body doesn't get addicted to it like with cigarettes. Defender of the Devil's lettuce here :D 

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

In a sense there is no physical addiction ever because physical reality exists in the mind, all addictions are psychological but the body can go into withdrawal.

1 minute ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

In a sense there is no physical addiction ever because physical reality exists in the mind, all addictions are psychological but the body can go into withdrawal.

But is addiction to weed even bad? Maybe I don't think it is because I may be addicted myself, but I thought this herb is a medicine. Yes, use it with respect, but I don't even see the problem for one joint per day if one feels like it. I'm gonna ride my denial train tho, I'm not addicted to it :D

I get that it would be bad if you do it non stop and do nothing else, but if it is an integrated part and doesn't impair your ability to function, what is the problem? It's like taking those supplements Leo had a video about.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

I'm addicted to weed, i admit. You can become dependent upon it, making life worse when you don't have it.
It also causes troubles sleeping, it will reduce your REM sleep (proven throe science), and increase your deep dreamless sleep. And after years of this, you tend to get chronically tired, you need REM.

Other than that, it's a manageable habit to live with. It's better than being a functional alcoholic for sure.
But speaking from years of heavy usage, i would smoke like 10g, maybe 15g a week, which is a bit much. One a day, two a day, is not addiction, and its something i'm trying to get back to, and am managing so far. I would do 8 on a week-evening at my peak, 15 in a day if it was weekend and i started from morning.

But still i can quit cold turkey, it's just not fun to do. Would go on vacation 2 weeks often in summer, in countries that forbid it, so...

As for meditation, it can be ok for meditation. Personally it messes more with my meditation when i don't have it.
Proving again my dependence upon it.

Be careful, smoke it, don't let it smoke you :) 

8 hours ago, zazed said:

I'm addicted to weed, i admit. You can become dependent upon it, making life worse when you don't have it.
It also causes troubles sleeping, it will reduce your REM sleep (proven throe science), and increase your deep dreamless sleep. And after years of this, you tend to get chronically tired, you need REM.

Other than that, it's a manageable habit to live with. It's better than being a functional alcoholic for sure.
But speaking from years of heavy usage, i would smoke like 10g, maybe 15g a week, which is a bit much. One a day, two a day, is not addiction, and its something i'm trying to get back to, and am managing so far. I would do 8 on a week-evening at my peak, 15 in a day if it was weekend and i started from morning.

But still i can quit cold turkey, it's just not fun to do. Would go on vacation 2 weeks often in summer, in countries that forbid it, so...

As for meditation, it can be ok for meditation. Personally it messes more with my meditation when i don't have it.

Story of my life right here, I've been a functional stoner for the longest time now. Now I just smoke at night but it use to be all day and night thing. Heavy usage over the years just put's your mind in a fog and you get use to that, eventually you just forget what a clear mind is like. Weed still has a grasp on me, my ego doesn't want to let it go yet haha.

Weed can be good for mediation, but again like others have brought up in this topic, you should really only try to mediate high occasionally, but for the most part do it sober. I make it a goal everyday to get my mediation done before I get stoned. To someone like me, I wouldn't see any benefits on mediating high because I smoke everyday anyways, but to someone like you who hasn't been stoned in a long time it could allow you to really dig into yourself.

13 hours ago, Dodoster said:

It definitely is a imagination booster. I've been able to dive deep deep deep into the subconscious and consciously project high def images from i don't even know where. 

With open eyes I would sit and stare at the blank curtain and project onto it from my imagination, not even knowing what will follow, just recognising it and being at awe at the amazingness of that experience.

Weed is definitely a good meditation aider from time to time, it definitely helps change the state of consciousness. 

Also I've reached a state where I could observe thoughts from a huge distance and zoom in and out, open boxes full of thoughts and close them. Everything seemed neetly stored and it was godlike.

Beautiful!

One night i was high as and i just decided to turn off the lights and everything electrical and lay down in complete darkness, my eyes started to look around in search for light/sight but it could not be found anywhere it it looked, they were moving sort of rapidly on their own and all that was seen was shadowy voids and then after a few moments BOOM! scared geometry, colours, patterns, fractals, a universal language emerged and felt like it was communicating with me, i was seeing with the Minds Eye. It was nowhere near on DMT level but did feel like i was on some sort of higher psychedelic.

It seems when the eyes we have to "look" are not able to see, the minds eye activates and that is the one that "sees".

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

For me there is no difference between being high and being normal at this point in my life

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

On 2017-04-03 at 11:03 PM, Heart of Space said:

I used to meditate on weed all the time.  After a while I realized it was a huge psychological crutch for me.  I'm not saying this will be everybody's experience, but very careful with it.  I would say that it's much better to meditate sober.  But don't let me stop you from trying it haha :)

Could you please elaborate. For example, what do you mean by "psychological crutch"?

Thank you

8 hours ago, zazed said:

Sounds like a buddy of mine who has had issues with weed addiction. He had some real problems, too, like leaving school because of his dependence. Luckily, I never smoked enough to get addicted, and once or twice I had a really bad experience because I was young and I drank my ass off plus a joint, and had a horrible day to say the least....

But now that I am in a different place in my life, I would like to revisit weed, only this time I have spirituality as my motivator, so I feel like if I do it once or twice, I'll have a good experience.

The reason I am considering it is because I hit something like a "writer's block" in my meditation, and I may need inspiration. :D

@ashashlov Oh, i did not have any problems at al in my life, cause by weed.
Until it became too much, then i had some problems waking up in the morning, nothing more.

You tend to become foggy all the time, if you do it a lot. Also you don't feel much from it after a while, you are just in this kind of haze, like your mind is numbed. I also noticed, i always wanted to smoke 1 more in the evening, so i would stay up way too late.  
As @Spacious said, motivation is also a huge problem after a while. You just can't be bothered to do anything after a while, other then vegging out and watching TV.

I also found a solution all the negative sides of weed. Rigorous exercise, like cardio training, 3 times a week. Then smoking weed in the evening. It will make you get higher with less herb, and it's more fulfilling if you do smoke. You also tend to stop sooner, there is less craving to smoke more and more and more. That seems to bring me in a state of equilibrium and removes all negative side effects of weed for me (not being able to get up early, low motivation and focus)