tuku747

Is there an actual difference between clockwise and counter-clockwise motion?

25 posts in this topic

For example, which way is the Earth spinning? Well, if you look at the Earth floating above the planet looking down at the North Pole, Earth would appear to be rotating counter-clockwise. If you’re below the Earth, looking at the South Pole above you, you’d describe the rotation as clockwise. Australia isn't objectively any more "down" than anywhere else on Earth, after all.

What, then, is the objective difference between clockwise and counter-clockwise motion, if spin, in this case, is a purely relative notion based on the observer's rotation? What if all we can say is that the Earth is spinning?

Moreover, which direction is this woman spinning, and why does she change rotation?

spinning-dancer.gif

You're right to say that the direction of spin is always relative to something. 

A simple spin will always spin around an axis (i.e. the bit the moves the least), that's how you can tell it's spinning at all. The axis is just an imaginary line in space. This line can have a direction (up or down say) by convention. For the Earth the convention is to use magnetic North for the direction of the axis. So with respect to this direction, you can say that the Earth spins either left or right (with North up) looking side-on at the Equator, or anti-clockwise looking down through the axis (i.e. towards South).

Once you establish a direction for the axis, you can always say which way an object spins.

In the spinning woman, we do have an axis (feet to head), but we're lacking context about depth, so we can't tell when the limbs are coming towards us or away from us - so we can't tell the direction of spin.

All stories and explanations are false.

Depends on how you look at it. The secret is ....everything is just how you look at it. At a certain point...thinking and speaking become useless to defend. Because THE SELF= INFINITE PERSPECTIVES AGREEING AND DISAGREEING.

And what are they....nothing appearing as something done so perfectly its real even though its an imagined appearance.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

10 hours ago, tuku747 said:

Can you make the spinning woman switch direction at will?

Yup, after a while.

Can you make the woman stop spinning? Or even realise it's not a woman? (Sorry metaphysical jesting, ignore me).

@Vibroverse very insightful this woman is in a super position. This is quantum mechanics woman. How can something be in two states at the same time, like this. We can use this to determine that humans are constantly in a super position.

Edited by Hojo

The earth is not spinning, did you ever feel any motion? You've never seen a real picture of the earth, only CGI produced by NASA. Science is just another religion.

Edited by strangelooper

1 hour ago, strangelooper said:

The earth is not spinning, did you ever feel any motion?

You clearly know nothing about momentum and inertial frames 9_9 Throw two tennis balls up in the air at the same time and notice that they move together - relative to each other there is no motion. Likewise your body and the ground are moving together. Close your eyes on an aeroplane, can you actually tell if you're moving or not?

1 hour ago, strangelooper said:

only CGI produced by NASA.

I don't think NASA had CGI in 1969.

Oh no. I've taken the bait hook line and sinker - shoot me, put me out of my misery. Maybe I didn't pray enough to the one true God: Science?

On 11/5/2023 at 5:35 AM, tuku747 said:

Moreover, which direction is this woman spinning, and why does she change rotation?

@TheGod is avoiding this question, for obvious reasons xD

Before anyone assumes I’m being sexist, I’m actually nonbinary and genderfluid. I love to poke fun at both genders ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

4 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

You clearly know nothing about momentum and inertial frames 9_9 Throw two tennis balls up in the air at the same time and notice that they move together - relative to each other there is no motion. Likewise your body and the ground are moving together. Close your eyes on an aeroplane, can you actually tell if you're moving or not?

I don't think NASA had CGI in 1969.

Oh no. I've taken the bait hook line and sinker - shoot me, put me out of my misery. Maybe I didn't pray enough to the one true God: Science?

you absolutely do feel something on a plane and even in a car. Just look at all the alledged pictures of the globe here https://www.change.org/p/nasa-take-a-photo-of-our-earth-b8237e8a-0e54-42d1-b6e7-bd938a535c2a . Funny how it is all computer generated because it changes every time and the size of the continents isnt even consistent. Show me a real picture of the globe, you have nothing. The globe is just a belief. A deception and invention of the 20th century.

Here's real cosmology of several ancient civilizations who were far wiser than men today.FyNBvIwWYAAZysB?format=jpg&name=large

@strangelooper no offence, but I'm going to stop myself from engaging any further with you, as tempting as it is. Good day to you. Don't derail the topic either. Thanks.

She rotates clockwise no matter how long or how I look. 🤔

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

6 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

She rotates clockwise no matter how long or how I look. 🤔

Turn your head sideways.

Don’t break your neck, though. ;)

(But, hey, if you want to… snap it clockwise. Would make for an aesthetic picture, you sexy man!)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

6 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Turn your head sideways.

Don’t break your neck, though. ;)

Indeed :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

(But, hey, if you want to… snap it clockwise. Would make for an aesthetic picture, you sexy man!)

Sorry but even putting it into google translate I didn't understand this sentence 👁

2 minutes ago, Vibes said:

You need a mini awakening to see it. Stare at it until it shifts.

Or just stare at her foot for long enough (the lifted one). That's what I did.

3 minutes ago, Vibes said:

You need a mini awakening to see it. Stare at it until it shifts.

It switches direction when I rotate it 90° or more

2 hours ago, Hojo said:

@Vibroverse very insightful this woman is in a super position. This is quantum mechanics woman. How can something be in two states at the same time, like this. We can use this to determine that humans are constantly in a super position.

Yeah, spinning in both directions simultaneously until being observed, haha.