itsadistraction

How is reality created?

18 posts in this topic

Anyone know how reality is created? What is the exact mechanism? Or is this an inherent mystery?

I've heard Leo talk about how on a psychedelic you can see how you are creating reality around yourself. I've experienced this too but I have forgot and it wasn't clear. Can anyone explain?

All there is is consciousness. So when you raise your consciousness to higher and higher levels (maybe to alien consciousness?) Do you become aware of how consciousness creates reality? 

Here's a quote from Martin W. Ball:

"After immensely long periods of time, matter from the singularity expanded and created space and time. It cooled and formed stable structures, which coalesced into stars and gasses, which eventually formed planets and solar system. Then, on only one planet that we know of, the same basic ingredients that are found elsewhere in the universe spontaneously started to self organize into living systems and biological entities. We have no definitive idea on why this happened, the environmental conditions were just right. Over millions of years, we finally have self conscious and aware beings that are able to reflect on both themselves and the universe they find themselves."

"It is from my open heart that I will mirror you, and reflect back to you all that you are:

As a being of love, of energy, 

of passion, and truth."

@toasty7718

13 minutes ago, toasty7718 said:

Here's a quote from Martin W. Ball:

"After immensely long periods of time, matter from the singularity expanded and created space and time. It cooled and formed stable structures, which coalesced into stars and gasses, which eventually formed planets and solar system. Then, on only one planet that we know of, the same basic ingredients that are found elsewhere in the universe spontaneously started to self organize into living systems and biological entities. We have no definitive idea on why this happened, the environmental conditions were just right. Over millions of years, we finally have self conscious and aware beings that are able to reflect on both themselves and the universe they find themselves."

I am not sure what Martin was getting at when he said this, but this just sounds like the standard model that everone buys into. It is full of inconsistencies as Leo and others have shown. Have you watched Leo's videos?

God creates by Being. It becomes it's creation. There's nothing out there. It's all coming from within. What you're seeing is a projection of God's mind. It's all mind, nothing physical. An Infinite dream. You are it.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

Reality is nothing. And you could say in a sense that nothingness is “unstable”. It’s so nothing that it immediately has to inflate into everything possible. Reality is nothingness inverted or turned inside out so to speak into everythingness.

45 minutes ago, itsadistraction said:

I am not sure what Martin was getting at when he said this, but this just sounds like the standard model that everone buys into. It is full of inconsistencies as Leo and others have shown. Have you watched Leo's videos?

He expresses nuance and acknowledges that this is the best model we have of at the current moment. The essay in question also touches on the origin of consciousness and suggests that consciousness is the make up of reality and exists prior to all phenomena. Absolute consciousness is God, and God is all there was before the matter coalesced. 

And yes - I have watched Leo's videos.

And I don't subscribe to his "imaginary brain" ideas. Quite frankly, a lot of his content is very intellectually heavy but doesn't have much to say in embodying non-duality. Like, how is mentally-masturbating to solipsism going to do you any good in your day-to-day lives? Short answer - it doesn't. It's a waste of time and mental energy. It doesn't help you become a more authentically embodied being. 

Edited by toasty7718

"It is from my open heart that I will mirror you, and reflect back to you all that you are:

As a being of love, of energy, 

of passion, and truth."

Great answers, thanks! @toasty7718 @Princess Arabia @The Lucid Dreamer

33 minutes ago, toasty7718 said:

Like, how is mentally-masturbating to solipsism going to do you any good in your day-to-day lives? Short answer - it doesn't. It's a waste of time and mental energy. It doesn't help you become a more authentically embodied being. 

You seem to have good insights, but does an "authentically embodied being" really go on a forum and talk like this? You seem to have a very cynical tone. If you don't like Leo's main ideas why are you on his forum? Also why jump to the crass conclusion that solipsism isn't beneficial when it very well could be to someone else? 

Edited by itsadistraction

@itsadistraction  what happened is just made up so i guess he just went with the general consensus

Edited by Hojo

On 02/11/2023 at 4:11 AM, itsadistraction said:

Anyone know how reality is created?

No. Not really. 

What is the exact mechanism? Or is this an inherent mystery?

No mechanism . There is no hardware somewhere to get matter from . 

Ad the Qur’an says ": if god wants something he just says to it "be " ..and it is (created)".

I've heard Leo talk about how on a psychedelic you can see how you are creating reality around yourself. I've experienced this too but I have forgot and it wasn't clear. Can anyone explain?

God is like an eyeball imagining around itself reality .except the eyeball is literally formless. That's just a metaphor.  See Leo's video " an advanced explanation of God-Realization ".

All there is is consciousness. So when you raise your consciousness to higher and higher levels (maybe to alien consciousness?) Do you become aware of how consciousness creates reality? 

If all there is is consciousness..then how can "you " exists alongside of consciousness? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

For the mix:

Reality is the intertwining between subjective mind (what's in here) and objective stuff (what's out there). It is not a pure hallucination or creation of the mind, neither is it a pure gestalt of material stuff. It's a collaborative effort. 

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ... 

On 11/2/2023 at 1:11 AM, itsadistraction said:

Anyone know how reality is created?

Yes. But it will cost you 100,000 of your currency for me to divulge the knowledge.

But ok seriously. If you knew, then you could easily create another reality from scratch, why wouldn't you? 

The only theory I've got is it's a bit like painting with numbers. Differences are created from nothing itself (because nothing becomes/is aware of itself). To be aware of something you need difference, isn't it so? What is a difference? Well it's something that's different from something else. So awareness becomes an unbounded patchwork of differences. Awareness begets more awareness, like a runaway chain reaction: creativity, change, chaos. But awareness in the main, is whole and undifferentiated and static: memory, time, permanency, order, laws, structure. The two dance around each other forever. The differences get "painted in" by awareness and that becomes consciousness.

Don't forget though, all stories are false.

All stories and explanations are false.

@Kuba Powiertowski stories can be paths to truth, yes, but the stories have to be actualised to know Truth. Stories cannot be Truth themselves. Hence they are false. But for the sake of this thread let's discuss somewhere else if you like. Start another thread?

All stories and explanations are false.

Hey, don't go so fast. First we need to directly know what reality is. By grasping its nature then the question of how it is created might be answered organically as a result of the direct consciousness.

Edited by UnbornTao

On 11/1/2023 at 8:11 PM, itsadistraction said:

Anyone know how reality is created? What is the exact mechanism? Or is this an inherent mystery?

There is no mechanism.   Since reality is infinite it can create it from nothing. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

23 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

There is no mechanism.   Since reality is infinite it can create it from nothing. 

I think Leo addressed this point in one of his videos, in that there is no "system" or mechanism behind reality. The creation of reality is purely the imagination of its appearance. As in 1 plus 1 doesn't make 2. 2 is just imagined exactly as it is unto itself, because god has the ability to do that.

The analogy he used I think was that there are no molecules or atoms that make up reality, the creation of reality is completely as you see it now, without a function needed to get to that point.

Edited by Francis777

24 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

I think Leo addressed this point in one of his videos, in that there is no "system" or mechanism behind reality. The creation of reality is purely the imagination of its appearance. As in 1 plus 1 doesn't make 2. 2 is just imagined exactly as it is unto itself, because god has the ability to do that.

The analogy he used I think was that there are no molecules or atoms that make up reality, the creation of reality is completely as you see it now, without a function needed to get to that point.

Precisely. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, LastThursday said:

stories have to be actualised to know Truth

All these stories have brought me to the point when there is no need for them. When I'm completely relaxed in the present moment reality simply is. But sometimes it's nice to play with them;)