PurpleTree

Are there ways to love people more

55 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

But how can seeing that people are mere survival machines make them more lovable 

Because you stopped judging them and started to accept them for what they are. Gosh

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Because you stopped judging them and started to accept them for what they are. Gosh

Well it seems like you’re judging me right now, friend 

I know. I did it on purpose :D

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

But how can seeing that people are mere survival machines make them more lovable 

Notice you just made a distinction between people...and you. Is not that human body....a person which is an individual among people? This means...you by default are also a survival machine. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

They are not. They are capable of unconditional love, compassion, gratitude, forgiveness etc. It's just that these characters got buried deep within because of the environment and the survival characters are reigning now. You can recognise that these survival traits won't serve the purpose of finding them true happiness,peace and bliss, and be compassionate towards them for not being able to recognise it. Compassion is one extension of love. The main purpose of Spirituality is to awaken such people, from their deep programming due to survival needs.

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

I know. I did it on purpose :D

No you didn't, be honest 😜

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

By understanding what a survival machine is. The ingenuity of it's design. The intelligence behind its programming.

beep boop

8 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

No you didn't, be honest 😜

🙃

I can fix it. Look. 

"what I really meant is that I was aware that the words were coming from a place of judgement but the comment sounded funny in my head so I allowed it to be expressed anyways" 

Bam

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

🙃

I can fix it. Look. 

"what I really meant is that I was aware that the words were coming from a place of judgement but the comment sounded funny in my head so I allowed it to be expressed anyways" 

Bam

That just made me choke. BAM!

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

That just made me choke

What do u mean

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

By understanding what a survival machine is. The ingenuity of it's design. The intelligence behind its programming.

Without those survival traits, you wouldn't be having a body right now that can live for around 70 years, wouldn't have different senses to take in the relative beauty of the world,wouldn't be able to experience almost infinite variety of things and store it in your memory all these years, and wouldn't forget everything and immerse yourself in this specific variety of life and the list goes on. Being grateful for all of these things will make your life better.

I think It's about accepting that we are in dark ages still

Feels quite contrary because we are constantly get fed the message that "we live in the future"

5 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

What do u mean

I was trying to laugh but I chocked instead. Never mind these silly innuendos, or we will get flagged for veering off topic for too long. I understand what you meant. No need to discuss it further. 

4 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Or we can cheer that the days are getting brighter and brighter every day!

43 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Feels quite contrary because we are constantly get fed the message that "we live in the future"

Yeah....technologically we are advanced....but socially and biologically we are still in the dark ages....hell maybe I'm even wrong about our technology too....

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, Hello from Russia said:

You are saying we are in the dark ages still, but compared to what? Imagined alien technological advancements?

What i'm saying is, we are only wherever we are at. How can there be a real comparison when there's only: "where were at"

❤️ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@PurpleTree Love yourself more and your reality and you’ll automatically love others more because you’re content in life. 

This is why sometimes you gotta look after yourself so you can be a strong position to love others and give back.

Aside from that deeply connecting with the pain of others 

Edited by Chadders

everything you see right now through your eyes is god

which if you notice includes yourself

if you really know this, this is knowledge

were you to actually live this, that is love

so how to love right now?

treat whoever's in front of you real good

here's a nice pointer and a cool song to boot:

if you can't love the one you love, love the one you're with 🎵