StarStruck

Are psychedelic clothes masculine?

122 posts in this topic

What do you think? I’m planning to wear this. It is definitely LSD-esque. Definite eye catcher but I don’t want to be seen sissy.

IMG_6666.jpeg

Edited by StarStruck

Wear whatever the fuck you want and truly don't give a fuck about what others think.

Look at rock stars, they dress insane yet get all the attention. Have a rock star attitude and you can wear whatever you want. 

27 minutes ago, itsadistraction said:

Wear whatever the fuck you want and truly don't give a fuck about what others think.

Look at rock stars, they dress insane yet get all the attention. Have a rock star attitude and you can wear whatever you want. 

I doubt you would wear that kind of shit. I don’t like to get attention but I have a good taste and people can’t help but notice it. If I totally rock out with my cock out that would annoy me. I don’t like the attention but at the same time I do like to dress fashionable. 

35 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

I doubt you would wear that kind of shit. I don’t like to get attention but I have a good taste and people can’t help but notice it. If I totally rock out with my cock out that would annoy me. I don’t like the attention but at the same time I do like to dress fashionable. 

Wear whatever you want. That literally means whatever you want and you are comfortable in. I personally give you permission. You will feel better. 

How would you know what I wear?  I do wear that kinda shit occasionally. I like that sweater you showed. 

What truly matters is your character, ideally your clothes only serve as an expression of it. If you have thoughts about what's on you as you are wearing it that may reduce the masculine vibe you are trying to express, otherwise if the thought doesn't even cross your mind there is no issue.

I personally see no problem neither with that kind of outfit on the picture. It's a matter of preferences

Edited by Norbert Somogyi

Is that a man or a woman in the picture. Looks like both.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

9 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Is that a man or a woman in the picture. Looks like both.

Look at the chin and throat, is it not obvious.

20 minutes ago, Norbert Somogyi said:

What truly matters is your character, ideally your clothes only serve as an expression of it. If you have thoughts about what's on you as you are wearing it that may reduce the masculine vibe you are trying to express, otherwise if the thought doesn't even cross your mind there is no issue.

I personally see no problem neither with that kind of outfit on the picture. It's a matter of preferences

True, if I buy it I wouldn't wear it every day, only when it fits my mood.

1 hour ago, itsadistraction said:

Wear whatever you want. That literally means whatever you want and you are comfortable in. I personally give you permission. You will feel better. 

How would you know what I wear?  I do wear that kinda shit occasionally. I like that sweater you showed. 

Show me pic

1 minute ago, StarStruck said:

Look at the chin and throat, is it not obvious

Oh, I forgot. Yeah I see the Adams Apple. I like the shirt; but of course it depends on who is wearing it. Not every style suits everyone. Don't know what you look like so it's hard for me to say. In the end, wear whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

Reminds me of RaveNectar, F to that company. They're psychedelic shirts and hoodies were over-the-top. I have a sick colorful hoodie I copped from them but I can't a picture of it on the web and I'm not a selfie guy tbh

https://www.instagram.com/ravenectar/?hl=en

generous.jpg

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Wear whatever you want. It's about how you wear it. I've got plenty of fairly normal clothes, but I also have some psychedelic and colorful shit. I like to switch it up and give it a little spice. I've gotten a lot of compliments for my style, probably because I just wear whatever I feel looks good on me.

Do other men on the street think that I'm masculine when I walk around in a purple sweater with psychedelic patterns on it? Maybe, maybe not. I don't give a shit about what they think. That is my definition of a masculine approach.

beep boop

2 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@DefinitelyNotARobot I wore a red sweater yesterday and I was the only dude between 50 men that wore that color. lol. 

And they probably didn't lynch you for it.

beep boop

Last Christmas I wore a ugly Christmas sweater that says "don we now our gay apparel" in pride flag colors. As a result gay guys started to flirt with me and I'd kinda forgot I was wearing the sweatshirt so I was like wtf is going on. 

It doesn't matter what you wear. I wore my mom's jewelry and it's obviously for women and people don't even look, only sometimes but I take it as a compliment. 

I did have to throw a shirt out recently because it had a panda on it with guns in both hands. It's a Banksy artwork but people don't know that so they got really nervous and scared around me and I had no idea why. This was right after the Isreal Palestine war had started, they probably thought I was some school shooter or something. 

Edited by Butters

For the feminine gaze? Not particularly masculine looking, no. Not necessarily ultra feminine, but not super masculine either.

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

@DefinitelyNotARobot I wore a red sweater yesterday and I was the only dude between 50 men that wore that color. lol. 

Wow so brave

i mean a red sweater is ok but wearing red shoes or sneakers is bad,  i have buddy who has bright red sneakers i always call him red riding hood

i have pink/purple sneakers though 🦆

5 minutes ago, The0Self said:

For the feminine gaze? Not particularly masculine looking, no. Not necessarily ultra feminine, but not super masculine either.

Who cares about ultra masculinity though smh

42 minutes ago, The0Self said:

It depends. Some women like when a man can wear whatever he wants and still make it look good through the way he carries himself. Being comfortable with yourself can be much more important in how masculine you appear than what you wear, but that of course depends on the individual woman and what her values are.

I think it's better to have a capacity for diversity. To be able to be comfortable standing out, but also blending in. Yin and yang. Sometimes I go out looking like a hippie, sometimes I go out looking like I sell drugs. Sometimes I don't put any thought into it.

I did notice that I get looks from different types of women depending on how I'm dressed, so you're right when it comes to merely getting looks from women, but when it comes to attraction in general, I don't think your clothes pose much of a problem.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Another way to imagine this is that your style is a form of sub-communication, which can be used for psychological tactics. I can claim that my diversity of style points towards my diversity of character, but that doesn't mean that my character is actually diverse, it can also simply mean that I'm trying to paint myself as a diverse character. Similarly, dressing in a masculine way only signifies masculinity, but it's doesn't inherently point towards any authentic masculinity. Just dress whichever way resonates with you at any given moment. The most important part is to be comfortable with yourself and your choices. That will be much more attractive.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

8 hours ago, The0Self said:

That is what I’m saying right 

It's not the print on the shirt that determines whether you look masculine or not. It's your body-type, the fitting of the shirt and how well you carry it that determines whether you look masculine. 

Ranveer-Singh.jpg