Rishabh R

What is the cure for my one itis ?

13 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Rishabh R said:

Any suggestions 

You don't talk to 10+ different women on daily and weekly basis..

I don't think there's anything wrong with believing that you are meant to be with one person... but that would mean that you'd have to accept the fact that every girl that doesn't work out isn't the one that you're meant to be with. 

If you can truly accept this, then you wouldn't be attached to the outcome of the relationship with one particular girl. If it doesn't work out then it wasn't meant to work out... you lick your wounds and collect as many lessons as you can... and you trudge on.. 

The warrior has more demons to slay before he finds his princess. 

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

Finding a girl(s) that you like more is the quickest, most effective way of getting out of needy attachment.

Increase your status. I would recommend wealth and health in that order. You could pretend to have other options.  If that doesn't make her jealous she's a lost cause

The correct response is approach other women at high volume.

Been there though, I’m not joking an actual supermodel made out with me once and I still have dreams about her. 

One-itis is a childhood trauma symptom.

Subconsciously, something that you lacked in childhood, you think you're going to get from this girl accepting you.

For some, it was peer acceptance (the outsiders who got bullied). That's what it was for me.

For others, it's mommy's love.

To fix it, do the work to find out what it is for you, so you can stop projecting.

You actually have to go through an emotional release to break the spell, figuring it out mentally will do nothing.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I suffered from Oneitis when I was 13-14 years old. And, in hindsight, the reason was that objectively, she was the best option for me. Back then, I thought she was pretty smart. (She really wasn't, in hindsight, she was just the best option I had). 

Later on, at age 15, when I went to a different 'junior college' (For those who don't know, in India, we have 'junior college' in 11th and 12th grade), I had more and better options. Then, I never had this issue ever again. 

Moral of the story - you need to meet higher-quality women. If you're the smartest person in the room, you are in the wrong room. This could not apply more when it comes to dating, especially when it comes to a lack of options. Because, that's the issue at hand. You're obsessing over one girl because you're feeling a scarcity of options. Potentially you're rationalizing to yourself that higher-quality options don't exist. And, I'm here to tell you - they do. You just have to go out and explore. 

On 16. 10. 2023. at 2:06 AM, Reignforest said:

You could pretend to have other options.  If that doesn't make her jealous she's a lost cause

You basically said if his acting doesn't get women, then they are lost and don't see clearly?