StarStruck

Being called nice

63 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Francis777 said:

Your trying to be tough, people that are tough don’t need it to be stated. It’s making you look soft trying by subliminally looking for that kind of recognition and other people can sense it.

In Spirituality, which I just call life, it is crucial to learn the art of discernment. People can interpret something differently than what the true meaning behind the purpose of what's being said. This topic right here is one of them. So many variants and then we try to fit in with what we think people will accept or don't accept and we rebel against the different ends of the spectrum. Telling someone to just be themselves is an oxymoron as you cannot be another way and are just acting from a specific programming.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

7 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@Princess Arabia dark green? Like copper patina.

I wish someone else could just comment on what color they see because I certainly don't see any form of green. 

6 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

@Something Funny @Princess Arabia Guys, I counted 8 posts of yours talking about profile pics. Please don't derail OP's thread.

Ok thank you. I thought the same thing after awhile . A few sentences, I guess is OK but not back and forth too much. My apologies. Personal messenger is there for a reason. 

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

In Spirituality, which I just call life, it is crucial to learn the art of discernment. People can interpret something differently than what the true meaning behind the purpose of what's being said. This topic right here is one of them. So many variants and then we try to fit in with what we think people will accept or don't accept and we rebel against the different ends of the spectrum. Telling someone to just be themselves is an oxymoron as you cannot be another way and are just acting from a specific programming.

Sorry I’m not sure how this relates to my post, can you elaborate? 

I was stating that he wants to be recognised as more of a fierce man but that truly fierce men don’t go looking for that kind recognition as it’s counterintuitive.

I don’t care whether he be’s himself or not, was just explaining why he’s getting the results he’s getting.

8 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

I was stating that he wants to be recognised as more of a fierce man but that truly fierce men don’t go looking for that kind recognition as it’s counterintuitive.

I don’t care whether he be’s himself or not, was just explaining why he’s getting the results he’s getting.

8 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

He posted a video about being a monster in becoming a hero and he probably didn't use proper discernment as to what the video was pointing to and interpreted it in a way that was not meant by the author. So he's trying to be that monster but not the kind of monster the author of the video meant and now he is trying to be what he's not to try to fit into that interpretation. That's why it's being counterintuitive and that's why he's getting the results he's getting. 

@Sincerity You're not nice.

full (1).png

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

You probably have trauma of nice guy you probably need to release that before continuing. At least that was my case.

Having said that what a fucking distopian society we are in that we have to become "monsters". I don't recommend watching too much Jordan peterson

23 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

He posted a video about being a monster in becoming a hero and he probably didn't use proper discernment as to what the video was pointing to and interpreted it in a way that was not meant by the author. So he's trying to be that monster but not the kind of monster the author of the video meant and now he is trying to be what he's not to try to fit into that interpretation. That's why it's being counterintuitive and that's why he's getting the results he's getting. 

Oh right, yeah I get you. Should’ve said you were talking about the video. Yeah I agree, this video can be easily misinterpreted. Especially by immature men. Not saying OP is but he’s said he’s trying to resemble Andrew Tate, so I can understand how that line of thinking would then misinterpret Jordan.P here as well. 

Be J.P kind of tough, assertive but gentle. Not swine Andrew Tate. 

Edited by Francis777

22 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

You probably have trauma of nice guy you probably need to release that before continuing. At least that was my case.

Having said that what a fucking distopian society we are in that we have to become "monsters". I don't recommend watching too much Jordan peterson

Peterson doesn't really seem like a "monster" to me, in fact he seems rather sensitive.
Same for Tate, he is a good fighter and sportsman but otherwise he is a materialistic slave.

I imagine guys who are easily influenced or simply very stupid coming to talk to me like some sort of absolute weirdo after having seen too many personal development videos.

Edited by Schizophonia

16 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

Oh right, yeah I get you. Should’ve said you were talking about the video. Yeah I agree, this video can be easily misinterpreted. Especially by immature men. Not saying OP is but he’s said he’s trying to resemble Andrew Tate, so I can understand how that line of thinking would then misinterpret Jordan.P here as well. 

Be J.P kind of tough, assertive but gentle. Not swine Andrew Tate. 

Ok. Glad you got my point as sometimes I can go off left field with what I'm trying to say with my analytical mind.

51 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

5 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Ok. Glad you got my point as sometimes I can go off left field with what I'm trying to say with my analytical mind.

Yeah, all good.

38 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Peterson doesn't really seem like a "monster" to me, in fact he seems rather sensitive.
Same for Tate, he is a good fighter and sportsman but otherwise he is a materialistic slave.

I imagine guys who are easily influenced or simply very stupid coming to talk to me like some sort of absolute weirdo after having seen too many personal development videos.

If you become that rich, you don’t value material things as much because there is such an abundance. I think you are more materialistic than him. Hippie people will say they are not materialistic and then steal your protein bar when they get the chance. ?

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

If you become that rich, you don’t value material things as much because there is such an abundance. I think you are more materialistic than him. Hippie people will say they are not materialistic and then steal your protein bar when they get the chance. ?

I don't want a car even if you give me one, I prefer to live in a studio than in a villa, my favorite activity is walking and sex.

31 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

What does this mean Scheezop? 

I would have to write an entire essay to explain it.

Currently I'm not even focused on relationships or material things, I'm focused on my higher power and the weird thing is that I'm doing really well financially and rationally. It is so counter intuitive but now I think about it it makes sense. People who know they know.

What's so bad about being called nice?

I think its a rather good thing actually. I am out the dating market now, but with the amount of pick-up and men trying to be 'bad boys' and 'masculine' I like to fantasize how cool it would be if women had the chance to date a nice, polite gentlemen for once.

People may say 'but that doesn't get the girls'. But that wouldn't bother this gentlemen, because he is just expressing who he is. His self-esteem and deliverance is not dependent on whether people think he is 'nice' or not.

He is a gentlemen and has class. I think that is pretty bad-ass.

Sorry for daydreaming :D

Bro, why is this the end of the world? People think you're nice. It's not a big deal, or it is, but it's something you should be happy about. And by the way, Jordan Peterson doesn't say you should generally make people think you're a monster. He says you should be capable of being a monster if the situation calls for it. Until then, you should be nice. 99% of people you meet for the first time should think you're a nice person. If not, you're just an asshole, and not a useful one like JP talks about.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.