StarStruck

Which cryptocurrency is hot right now

56 posts in this topic

How well educated are you on crypto? Personally, I wouldn't put any money into it if I didn't know much about it. Too many pyramid schemes for my taste. Maybe you can buy a bunch of books first and read into it?

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

7 hours ago, OBEler said:

@StarStruck just bitcoin.Forget about altcoins

There is not a lot of money in bitcoin

5 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

How well educated are you on crypto? Personally, I wouldn't put any money into it if I didn't know much about it. Too many pyramid schemes for my taste. Maybe you can buy a bunch of books first and read into it?

yea I’m reading one right now 

45 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

There is not a lot of money in bitcoin

yea I’m reading one right now 

What do you mean, not a lot of money in Bitcoin? For the past almost 2 years, altcoins have been bleeding against bitcoin, so if you put your money in anything but bitcoin, you would have lost more.

Are you talking about the 1 or 2 altcoins that may outperform bitcoin? Good luck picking it, out of the 20k+ shitcoins.

@josemar I will buy bitcoin too but at low point. And I will invest more than 800 into that .. I just have spare 800 dollar to throw away. Maybe I will get rich. 

12 hours ago, StarStruck said:

@josemar I will buy bitcoin too but at low point. And I will invest more than 800 into that .. I just have spare 800 dollar to throw away. Maybe I will get rich. 

If that's your goal perhaps just throw it in Dogecoin or Solana. There's possibly going to be a decent sized crash sometime over the next few months so be prepared for that. You'd want to aim to hold until we're near the highs of the cycle (likely in 2025).

Edited by Pav

23 minutes ago, Pav said:

If that's your goal perhaps just throw it in Dogecoin or Solana. There's possibly going to be a decent sized crash sometime over the next few months so be prepared for that. You'd want to aim to hold until we're near the highs of the cycle (likely in 2025).

isn't dogecoin not already at the lowest point ever?

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

isn't dogecoin not already at the lowest point ever?

It's price is very high compared to where it has historically been. It probably won't go back to pre-2020 levels though.

Crypto investing is outdated and risky. The only interest is the black market. 

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

7 minutes ago, Optimized Life said:

Yes It's basic fucking economics, the market cap is huge, "just buy bitcoin bro" is the most uniformed lazy and outdated advice. There's many things you can look into actually, I'm personally no involved in crypto because I need to establish a business first. But if I had already established my finances and had spare capital, I certainly would get involved in alt coins, there's still big potential just wait until the halving comes around, that's when shit will start to move. 

Also remember that what moves the market is market sentiment, not actual value of the project, so check twitter google trends and what the influences are bigging up, but only bother with this when the market is heating up around or after the halving. 

buying bitcoin now is like trying to make YouTube videos about drop shipping in 2024. 

You mean halving of bitcoin or halving or altcoins? 

3 minutes ago, Optimized Life said:

It's not outdated, it works in cycles, you haven't researchd how the cycles work. Do you know how many people were saying that advice before the last bull run? 

Due to the economics of it, it will never be as lucrative as in 2013, so in a sense you have a point, but it works like that with all nacent markets, once the market grows the oppurtunities becomes less lucrative over time, oceans turn from blue to red. However I think there's still some more gasoline in the fire for next time. 

Crypto is here to stay. My interest is not to get rich but to understand how the market works.  When you understand it you get rich anyway. If I have my ass on the line I will be more prone to investigate it. I already bought the best book on the subject.

It is because of speculators that bitcoin is so unstable and that more and more sellers prefer or even demand Monero. (among others). :)

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Schizophonia Neo-feudal cryptocurrency bigotry is full of nonsense, but unfortunately, success is bias.

Consensus protocols should be detached from value-capturing incentive loops and games. Mature PoW dynamics are vulnerable to low fee volumes, low investor influx, and inherently conflicting tragedy of the common, which fatally undermine important wasted security expenses. Not to mention, Moore's law suggests PoW relative weights exponentially decay, significantly diminishing the importance of 'boostrap from genesis' security features with respect to PoS. Tenet is an example of proof-of-stake network using a basket of tokens rather than a single platform one, but I can't vouch for its implementation or execution, and it may be a complete scam, especially considering the art and marketing direction doesn't necessarily inspire legitimacy. 

- Meta-networks compounding the stability, security and financial mass of all others may turn out reliable. However, value is relative. Asset manipulation and illiquidity may inflate voting power without matching financial influences. Civilization needs financially inclusive systems that encapsulate the openness of democracies / fiats / traditional deliberative meta-consensus, within higher-order algorithmic meta-consensus. Eventually, this would improve the relationship between crypto and CBDCs, mutually securing themselves without competitive valuation.
- In a perfectly designed society, reputation systems should be more valuable than artificial or natural scarcity, but such artificial organizations may be less accurate than inertia of bias in natural God's design. Perhaps doing 'better' is non-trivial, it should be carefully studied.

Another facet to consider in smart-contract platform design or investment, is foundation on formalism. Kindelia is a token-less PoW project, but it is only a side project of the organization behind it, which mainly focus on interaction nets VM. (It still has a planned genesis developer token) I may be clueless, but there is more work required in meta-mathematics fields before humans are able to develop reliable algorithmic meta-consensus and eco-system unfoldings. For instance, in developing axiom systems with awareness of zeroism philosophy merging modeling capabilities of diverse logic branches.

Edited by nuwu