Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

The World's Most Documented Genocide in History - Double Down News

Freedom is a bias.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@zazen The weapon you mention is already exist.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's more nuanced than that. The religious right is a powerful constituency in Israel, just like in the US. That's part of democracy. He can't just ignore them.

You also said recently that:

On 1/17/2024 at 1:47 PM, Leo Gura said:

A good leader does what is right even if the whole world is agianst him.

So, does being a good and successful leader require having some kind of balance between delivering what the majority of people want and doing what the leader himself/herself knows is the right decision by ignoring what most people in his/her country are against?

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkill And Netanyahu is firm in doing what he thinks is right for Israel.

You guys just disagree with him on what is right for Israel.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The new documentary Israelism examines the growing generational divide among Jewish Americans on the question of Palestine, with many younger Jews increasingly critical of Israel and less supportive of Zionism. Simone Zimmerman, one of the protagonists of the film and a co-founder of the group IfNotNow, says she grew up being told that supporting Israel was central to her Jewish identity, but that collapsed once she visited the Occupied Palestinian Territories and saw the system of apartheid under which millions live. “It’s so deeply contrary to our values as Jewish people to support this disgusting oppression and denial of freedom,” she says.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hardkill And Netanyahu is firm in doing what he thinks is right for Israel.

But you've been saying that he's been making a big mistake for Israel. John Mearsheimer already has talked about how this is going to backfire greatly on Israel in the long-run. Plus, most Israeli citizens don't like this.

So, wouldn't this mean that Netanyahu is not only going against the will of his own people, but also making a foolish decision for the country? 

What big win in the bigger picture will there be for Bibi and Israel other than his extreme right-wing government officials letting him hold on to power as long as he continues this war for them?

I am not trying to disagree with you and I am still somewhat open to the idea that Netanyahu's decisions may have some merit. I just don't understand.

Edited by Hardkill

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

But you've been saying that he's been making a big mistake for Israel.

Sigh...

I don't have to agree with him to appreciate him.

Edited by Leo Gura

Jan 22 - 2024 - Rania Khalek, Abby Martin and Claudia de la Cruz

Novara Live: Gaza Death Toll Hits 25,000, Israeli Parents Storm Knesset

Just look in bibis eyes, says it all. I don’t think we have seen a villain like this in our modern times. Someone said in an article he is Satan rebirthed and I think that’s being far, too kind.  I feel sorry for the Israelis, they are so conditioned, manipulated and brainwashed from birth,  just lIke how they say Palestinians are, they are big on projecting from their virtual, dream cameras. It’s a cult like experience. 

3 minutes ago, Raze said:

Former IDF general and Netanyahu war cabinet member has called for a ceasefire, this is after his son died in combat.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/19/israeli-minister-says-only-ceasefire-can-free-hostages-as-cabinet-rift-deepens

"Only ceasefire can free hostages"

A temporary ceasefire.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

13 minutes ago, Merkabah Star said:

Just look in bibis eyes, says it all. I don’t think we have seen a villain like this in our modern times. Someone said in an article he is Satan rebirthed and I think that’s being far, too kind.

I taught you to be above such views.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

And Netanyahu is firm in doing what he thinks is right for Israel.

And Hitler was also doing what he thought was right for Germany. He cared about Germany too.

By your logic lets also be chill with Hitler...

Edited by Karmadhi

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I taught you to be above such views.

You didn’t teach me, i taught me. And i could say the same to you. 

You see yourself in Bibi, hence you like him.