Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, jaylimix said:

I call for the Xinjiang Counter-Terrorism initiative on these people.

This what you're advocating for?

> In recent years, the Chinese Communist Party under Xi Jinping Administration's policy has been marked by much harsher policies, including mass surveillance and the incarceration without trial of over one million Uyghurs and other Muslim minority ethnic groups in internment camps... government policies have included forced labor, suppression of Uyghur religious practices, political indoctrination, forced sterilization, forced contraception, and forced abortion

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinjiang_conflict#:~:text=In recent years%2C the Chinese,ethnic groups in internment camps.

Edited by Jacob Morres

37 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Today, Hamas released 17 more hostages, while Israel released 39 Palestinian prisoners.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-news-11-25-2023-7d83895eb736c09fab3eada4c31524b0

Last night with it's infinite cruelty hamas seperated in purpose between family members contrary to the deal and left a mother as a hostage while her daugther was released.

Also it's not that hamas wants to release anybody in a good gesture, it just doesn't have a choice after being under a military pressure and needed couple of days to re-arm. Thanks to that the deal made possible.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

I find it very heart warming, that despite the use of deception and psychological manipulation via the Western media in favor of Israel, the people of the world have still managed to negotiate such a landscape to come out in favor of the Palestinians.

During the Israel-Gaza-Lebanon war of 2006, I remember attending a protest in Europe at the time, and only about 500 people showed up. This was in stark contrast to the millions of people that demonstrated against the Iraq war three years earlier. 

However, fast forward almost twenty years to 2023, and millions of people are out on the streets all over Europe again, standing up against Israel and rightfully declaring that they won't tolerate the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians.

Again, this is despite the propaganda that has been levied at them.

@kenway That is a very interesting theory but problematic and fulled with flaws.

What I know is that in the early 2000's Israel was MUCH more hated when the world was quite sure those suicide bombers are actually a freedom figthers. I live here, I was a teenager in the 2nd intifada and the vibe we got from the world then was so different for the worse. 

From then, a handful of peace negotiations between Israel an the Emirates, Bahrain, Morroco, Sudan. A normalization with Saudi Arabia when for the first time Israeli commercial airplanes can fly upon their country.

The world today understand better than ever that the palestinians are serial peace refusal and also have a big part of the responsibility for the problem. Let alone the arab world understands this.

The demonstrations are maybe more ebullient these days but this is also more trendy today to be special and fight for your truth. In Israel too the inner demonstrations had expanded quite greatly in their volume over the last decade and a half.

Also don't forget Europe today is fulled by arab refugees what wasn't at all the case in 2006.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Nivsch

It's not a theory. There has been a demonstrable rise in compassion for the Palestinian cause and a resistance to the demographically-focussed methods of the ultra-Zionist mindset.

We're not talking about national executives or leaders of countries here. Rather the changing attitude of the average person, and their capacity to defend themselves against mainstream narratives. These are the ones who are demonstrating. This is also reflected in polls where the majority, at the very least, have been calling for immediate ceasefire, in an environment where their leaders cannot even utter the phrase.

Plus, resistance does not equal hate. It is a mistake to parallel protesting against an unjust cause with seemingly abstract and uncontextualized hatred, that to be frank, has no basis in logical reality. Again, despite what you may have read, people don't just randomly wake up in the morning and decide to start hating Jews.

@kenway Social media has played a big part in it. The support for Palestinians has a generational gap.

From an article

Head of ADL: “But I also wanna point out that we have a major, major, major generational problem,” Greenblatt complains to his cohorts. “All the polling that I’ve seen — ADL’s polling, ICC’s polling, independent polling — suggests this is not a left or right gap, folks. The issue in the United States’ support for Israel is not left and right, it is young and old.”

“We really have a Tik-Tok problem, a Gen-Z problem,”

In reality, what Greenblatt and his associates have is a morality problem. They have a large group of people who have not been indoctrinated into accepting madness and amputating parts of their own conscience over the years, and so are able to look at the mass murder of civilians in Gaza with clear eyes.

Israel’s problem is not that people are being propagandized into hating it, it’s that people are not being successfully propagandized into supporting it.

There’s only so many ways you can spin the murder of thousands of children and the existence of an oppressive ‘security’ apparatus over people.

All the media obfuscation in the world is not enough to pull the wool over fresh eyes that are ready to see.

Edited by zazen

6 hours ago, Philipp said:

Has anyone else seen this interview with roman finkenstein? 

Great interview. Here are two very good videos also:

4 hours ago, kenway said:

in polls where the majority, at the very least, have been calling for immediate ceasefire, in an environment where their leaders cannot even utter the phrase.

Maybe the leadres are just more experienced and mature than the average young protestor and know that ceasefire won't solve anything as long as hamas is in charge on Gaza.

I can agree about the problem with the ever expansion of the settlements in the west bank and if a demonstration talks about this thing sepcifically I can even understand. But rarely this is the real goal of a pro palestinian protest and rarely you will see a protest with that much specific narrative.

Edited by Nivsch

On 25/11/2023 at 0:47 AM, Vrubel said:

You must admit it's not that simple. Notice how the 7/10 attack came from Gaza, a piece of land Israel doesn't control. Hamas is actually more popular in the West Banks but because Israel has the ability to do regular raids there it keeps terrorist activities in check even though it can look ugly at times to outsiders. Obviously, there needs to be a solution. I think two states is the most realistic one but the Palestinian state definitely needs to be demilitarized. This will be a tricky question. Also, any Palestinian country will be very precarious as the population is deeply stage red and I can predict there will be constant altercations amongst themselves and periodic lashing out at Israel even when independent. 

Obviously, there are legitimate and valid ways to be pro-Palestine. I have a lot of respect for Israeli peace activists for example. But those protests we saw in Europe have put a lot of people off because they are very low-brow and horde-like, some were violent others outright supported Hamas. Don't be naive about the extremely low level of intelligence and integrity within these demonstrations. Badly integrated Muslim immigrant communities combined with extreme leftwing people turn the silent majority off, and you can't really blame them for that.

I agree it definitely isn’t that simple. There are toxic elements on both sides. The protests for the most part are positive. I was at the London protest with almost a million people and majority were fair and little to no arrests or violence. There are a few bad apples for sure but that shouldn’t stop people from supporting a just cause to end a conflict that see’s civilians dying.

The same way in more right wing protests which are anti-immigration you get completely racist people among them that de-legitimise the whole thing due to their extremism. Marginalisation leads to radicalisation and racism is extreme otherising and marginalisation.

Here’s a good talk between Sam Harris and Yuval Noah Harari. He mentions how a two state solution and peace are undermined from the Israeli side by Bibis government.

Listen to time stamps  ( 13-15 min ) and ( 16:30 - 18:30 ).

In fact by supporting and having a more extremist party like Hamas in power it de-legitimises the Palestinian cause the same way extremist racists de-legitimise the right wing and their valid concerns for unchecked immigration.

Hamas gives a reason to not establish peace or offer a state - and if a state is offered it’s done so with concessions favouring the Isreali side. Hamas is not the target but the excuse.

A good video on why and how Israel offer of a two state solution and any peace hasn’t worked:

Edited by zazen

Its absolutely shaking just the thought what would happen to them and how those kids themselves would manage if they would not release. 

Infinitely ungraspable.

Screenshot_20231126-132504_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20231126-144408_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20231126-221312_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

The main interview is with the guest Stanford Pass, who is from a Jewish Background, who describes the real history and current reality of Palestine.  In the beginning of the video are excerpts from a Jewish Rabbi and from a Christian pastor describing Netanyahu.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

On 11/26/2023 at 8:32 PM, PurpleTree said:

She tried to commit unsuccessful suecidal attack against Jews which left her alive with burned face. Al Jazeera frames it as if she were innocently driving and "suddenly" exploded, what a bs.

And people in the comments support her as if she is some hero for trying to kill Jews or treat her and many other Palestinians prisoned criminals as if they are hostages while all of them are terrorists who killed or tried to kill Jews.

Al Jazeera and its fans are never cease to surprise me with their radical distortion of reality, the antisemitism and hatred of Israel. 

The real hostages are the Israeli kidnapped people including children at the age of less than a year and elderly people more than 70 years old whose only crime was to be born a Jewish in Israel.

What a crazy world. 

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-11-27/ty-article/russian-israeli-hostage-escaped-hamas-captivity-hid-in-gaza-before-locals-caught-him/0000018c-1121-dd2e-a5ae-d36bfcc40000

This Israeli man has managed to escape Hamas captivity and got lost in Gaza while trying to find the border in order to cross it back to Israel.

Gaza people which treated by the world as separate from Hamas, have seen him and what do you think they did? Did they help him? Did they ignore him?

No, he was handed over to Hamas by the people of Gaza. What is that telling us about the people of Gaza?

Let Love In

Welp, I was wrong about the hostages. Glad they reached a deal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I am glad that they are also extending the deal for at least another couple of days.

On 11/26/2023 at 5:20 PM, Nivsch said:

I can agree about the problem with the ever expansion of the settlements in the west bank and if a demonstration talks about this thing sepcifically I can even understand. 

Judea, where its inhabitants were called the Judeans, and later the Jus a.k.a. Jews are indigenous to the land.

Terrorists and their children are occupying Judea and Samaria, not the other way around.

I support the full expansion of Judea Samaria and the arming up of the Jews to protect themselves, against the real occupiers.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/israel-hamas-war-gaza-strip-2023-11-06/card/israel-says-its-citizens-are-arming-themselves-IBvXaTCqeYENzVBevDhM