Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

The land belongs to the last nation to conquer it before global peace. Israel was the last nation to do so, so here is the problem.

Global peace will come when we all smash our guns, tear down the walls, and sing as one people, with many cool cultures.

On 10/10/2023 at 0:20 PM, LSD-Rumi said:

They will keep fighting for decades to come until a more intelligent generations comes forth and realize, they have been doing of harm to each other all this time. And then, they will hug and apologize from each other.

beautiful, hope this happens sooner.

5 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Time to sanction Israel

You are lost if you listen to Hasan. The probability that Israel is going to get sanctioned is very low, if the US was in a similar situation as Israel, it would bomb palestine into non-existence. They might complain here and there, but the optics of sanctioning Israel now, alone, are a reason for them not to do it.

In fact, if in place of Israel the US, Russia or China was involved, the palestinians would long have cease to exist. And if what happened today happened to any of those countries, they would without much moral qualm genocide the gaza strip completely.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

5 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

although you are probably of the more educated Iranians, there’s probably also a big other side

ofcourse there are, as i said, around 15% of iranian population are extremely religious and really hate Israel! they have been celebrating in the streets for past couple of days, celebrating the "victory of hamas!" of course this happens only in areas where pro regime people are majority, but still, it is so obvious for us how the mullas regime spread hate.

most of the population as i said have no side in this. they are normal people, hoping for peace.

Edited by Mohammad

22 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

People are cherry-picking for expressing shock and sympathy for the beheading of babies and rape of young women?

Of course.

20 minutes ago, Scholar said:

I am highly suspicious of this statement. I would be surprised if you could actually do a genuine historic analysis that would allow you to conclude any continent was more brutal than any other.

Where did you get this information from?

The Holocaust alone should be enough. But if that isn't enough for you, you can find 100 others examples from European history. Europeans were utterly ruthless conquerors. Look at what the Spanish did to the South Americans.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Of course.

The Holocaust alone should be enough. But if that isn't enough for you, you can find 100 others examples from European history. Europeans were utterly ruthless conquers. Look at what the Spanish did to the South Americans.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course.

The Holocaust alone should be enough. But if that isn't enough for you, you can find 100 others examples from European history. Europeans were utterly ruthless conquers. Look at what the Spanish did to the South Americans.

sure but they (for example the spaniards) also did some good stuff. Almost all the nice older cities in latin america are started/built by spaniards. They stopped human sacrifices etc

8 minutes ago, zazen said:

Lol. This is such hogwash.

As if Islam respects women and as if pre-Islamic culture was also not pagan. Every culture from before 2000 years ago was stage Purple animistic pagan-like.

The West is the most civilized culture there is at the moment. Not because it is the best, but simply because it was the fastest to get there due to contingent geographical factors.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

sure but they (for example the spaniards) also did some good stuff. Almost all the nice older cities in latin america are started/built by spaniards. They stopped human sacrifices etc

Even Hitler did some good stuff.

It's really hard to be 100% pure evil.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Okay if you are going to do such a naive historic analysis then I will dismiss it anyways.

What Ghengis Khan did alone was orders of magnitude worse than any world war and any genocide.

How do you think the persian empires were built? How do you think the Ottoman empire was built? How do you think egypt was built? Do you think it was rainbows and butterflies? Islam, the religion of warriors, you seriously believe that they were any better than the europeans?

The colonialism is a different question, although you should look at the arab slave trade if you want to know how brutal the arabs were in regards to the africans. It is correct that the Europeans had more capacity due to certain historic developments, but that's not because they were more brutal, but because they were more advanced.

But you are missing that in the context of these rather recent historic developments, if the arab world had gone through these developments first, the brutality would have been at least as bad, if not far worse, than that of the europeans.

And mentioning the holocaust and the world wars, you need to realize that these happened as a result of a falling away from stage blue and transitioning into orange. This did not occur in the middle east, and there is still potential for such things to occur, even though it is less likely due to how stablized the world is today.

Either way, that is an incredibly simplistic analysis, and like I expected, it just shows how silly it is to make such generalizations.

Glory to Israel

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Wait till the USA gets involved, then we might see some good fireworks.   AI is scary.

Edited by Sir Oberon

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Sure but i don’t think spaniards were that evil. They were greedy sure but they also thought they do something good for the indigenous by bringing them civilisation. Sure hitler also thought he did some good but there are levels imo. They came from the middle ages in europe where live wasn’t a cake walk, wars, black plague, witch hunt etc. Lifes weren’t worth that much to them anyways and still they stopped human sacrifices, built universities etc

7 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Okay if you are going to do such a naive historic analysis then I will dismiss it anyways.

What Ghengis Khan did alone was orders of magnitude worse than any world war and any genocide.

How do you think the persian empires were built? How do you think the Ottoman empire was built? How do you think egypt was built? Do you think it was rainbows and butterflies? Islam, the religion of warriors, you seriously believe that they were any better than the europeans?

The colonialism is a different question, although you should look at the arab slave trade if you want to know how brutal the arabs were in regards to the africans. It is correct that the Europeans had more capacity due to certain historic developments, but that's not because they were more brutal, but because they were more advanced.

But you are missing that in the context of these rather recent historic developments, if the arab world had gone through these developments first, the brutality would have been at least as bad, if not far worse, than that of the europeans.

And mentioning the holocaust and the world wars, you need to realize that these happened as a result of a falling away from stage blue and transitioning into orange. This did not occur in the middle east, and there is still potential for such things to occur, even though it is less likely due to how stablized the world is today.

Either way, that is an incredibly simplistic analysis, and like I expected, it just shows how silly it is to make such generalizations.

1) I was comparing Europeans and Arabs. Genghis Khan is another matter.

2) My whole point is that there's nothing uniquely brutal about the Arabs. They are just lagging behind in development due to slower advance. What I see is many in the West demonizing Arabs as uniquely barbaric while overlooking European barbarism. This is the epitome of cherry-picking.

3) I see your Arab slave trade and raise you European slave trade.

Edited by Leo Gura

10 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

i don’t think spaniards were that evil.

Well, that's a matter of relative perspective.

If you were on the receiving end of it, you would sing a different tune.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

1) I was comparing Europeans and Arabs. Genghis Khan is another matter.

2) My whole point is that there's nothing uniquely brutal about the Arabs. They are just lagging behind in development due to slower advance.

Well it doesn't even make sense to compare one group to another in this way, because the amount of diversity in cultures and so forth is different.

Of course Arabs aren't inherently brutal, although Islam is a factor even if people want to deny it. I just am suspicious of the claim that a fair historical analysis would lead us to conclude that the europeans were more brutal than arabs. I would wager the differences were negligable.

Glory to Israel

Most peoples are equally capable of brutality, it's mostly just a matter of circumstance.

It is obvious that the Europeans have committed more atrocities, since they have been much more aggressive and expansive, that is not the point, the point is that Islam is a philosophy that stagnates the souls of those who fall into it, creating personalities full of hate. sterile, fearful, castrated for art, science, expression. and with a huge inferiority complex towards the West, since really, they are inferior. Without the West they would still be in the Middle Ages. but they refuse to evolve, to abandon their closedness, on the contrary, they deepen in it and in their hatred. So, what is going to be their future? 

That women are being persecuted and worse for not wearing a head scarf in todays times is wilddd