Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

This kind of stuff makes me really appreciate that I live in a peaceful part of the world. Imagine being suddenly attacked while partying by a small army. I can't begin to imagine what the families of the victims are going through right now. 

It is so easy to take for granted once you have it, but peace is truly precious.

7 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

Overconfidence and a general atmosphere of lack of deterrence due to the current Israeli government being filled with incompetent, divisive and extremist politicians. Arabs could sense the vibe of deteriorating order in their bones.

Agree. The current government we have is a hugh problem.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

9 minutes ago, Nabd said:

The moment he denied that Hamas killed civilans, I stopped watching.

Yeah, that guy is in denial. They def do terrorism.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

They are really not rational in their minds. All they care about is killing and slaughtering Israelis, even by means of suicide, collective suicides, hurting their own people. It's like this is their moral.

It's pretty simple why terrorism is done: because your enemy's military is impossible to defeat in conventional warfare.

Paragliders vs F-35s. It's like Ewoks fighting stormtroopers. There is even a scene where Ewoks use a glider to drop rocks on an AT-ST.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

It's pretty simple why terrorism is done: because your enemy's military is impossible to defeat in conventional warfare.

terrorism is the only defense mechanism they have.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

This and being a stage red savage 

Just now, Vrubel said:

This and being a stage red savage 

Yea, so now you have a license to kill those savages. Go nuts.

5 minutes ago, Nabd said:

Listen, I am too old to waste my time on this bullshit, it is like an infinite pool of shit

That's my attitude towards Western philosophy :D

War and conflict is worthwhile to contemplate though because it has broad applications.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Nabd said:

I once asked Slavoj Zizek a question regarding middle eastern politics, he replied with "Listen, I am too old to waste my time on this bullshit, it is like an infinite pool of shit, here I am totally racist and I prefer to ignore this part of the world and you should too!".

In some ways it’s probably better to ignore otherwise we will just get sucked into the hurricane of hate one way or the other

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Paragliders vs F-35s. It's like Ewoks fighting stormtroopers.

But they treat their own people very similarly!

Their mentality / value system is, in my opinion, the main factor.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

28 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

But they treat their own people very similarly!

Their mentality / value system is, in my opinion, the main factor.

They definitely suffer from under-development. That's what makes this conflict so stubborn. The Spiral stage differences lead to difficult asymmetries. These asymmetries need to be carefully weighed, which isn't easy to do.

Edited by Leo Gura

I listened to him for a while he says so e interesting and funny stuff (even bought a book but haven’t read it ) 

but now i’m kind of not interested in it anymore, also he touches his nose 20 times per minute 

9 minutes ago, Nabd said:

I find him one of the most thought provoking philosophers, like hot knife through butter.

I listen to him talk on all sorts of topics and never is anything made clearer, only more confusing. Lol.

Edited by Leo Gura

There he is the nose boy

Edited by PurpleTree

2 minutes ago, Nabd said:

The problem is one need a good grasp of Lacan and Hegel to understand his philosophical takes, and I am not really sure if its worth it tbh. 

But when he talks about politics I actually think he is easier to understand. He is a communist in the sense that we need to find an alternative to capitalism because it clearly is not sustainable when it comes to ecology and corona like events.

Yea the Zizek book i bought is about Lacan but i don’t know much about it

8 minutes ago, Nabd said:

He is a communist in the sense that we need to find an alternative to capitalism

This is so stupid tho. Communism is not an alternative to capitalism. It is a ridiculous dead end.

It is easier to solve the Israeli-Palestine problem than to understand Lacan.

Edited by Leo Gura