VictorB02

Jordan Peterson on Bidens / Current State of USA

23 posts in this topic

This is a f*cking fantastic take on the current state of the country / Bidens Admin. What Jordan says at the 8:36 mark to end is perfect for some of you to hear that so blindly and adamantly defend the radical left and this horrible administration we have:

Maybe we need to ask ourselves why the Bidens are so sheltered from any criticism, investigation, and legitimate scrutiny - while Trump is indicted and persecuted at almost every turn, (which, may I add, only makes him go up in the polls, lol) and for what?

"To keep our democracy safe from the existential threat that Donald Trump is!" 

Yeah, I don't buy that BS. That's such a childish reframe to justify hatred and desire for control. You don't just get to oust someone because they piss you off. That's not how it works in our country. And Trump is definitely not perfect, but he can give a speech without fumbling words, remember where he is walking, and he sure as hell didn't fuel a foreign war and absolutely destroy our economy like the people in power are doing as we speak.

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

@VictorB02

15 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

This is a f*cking fantastic take on the current state of the country / Bidens Admin. What Jordan says at the 8:36 mark to end is perfect for some of you progressives to hear that so blindly and adamantly defend the radical left and this horrible administration we have:

Maybe we need to ask ourselves why the Bidens are so sheltered from any criticism, investigation, and legitimate scrutiny - while Trump is indicted and persecuted at almost every turn, (which, may I add, only makes him go up in the polls, lol) and for what?

Yeah, I don't buy that BS. That's such a childish reframe to justify hatred and desire for control. This is a democracy. You don't just get to oust someone because they piss you off. That's not how it works. And Trump is definitely not perfect, but he can give a speech without fumbling words, remember where he is walking, and he sure as hell didn't fuel foreign wars or absolutely destroy our economy like the people in power are doing right now.

I can partly agree with Jordan Peterson's takes despite my ideological biases with Joe Biden, and a bit against Donald Trump. There are better ways of handling Donald Trump that shouldn't result in more popularity for Donald Trump, and how they're going about handling him is going to backfire on the Biden administration sooner or later. Although I still feel mostly indifferent towards Trump, with some worry and some insecurity, as he was like me when I was in high school and in college, using manipulation techniques and acting brash to win arguments and to perform in presentations, which is part of my ego shadow. Meanwhile, I feel more insecurity and worry for Joe Biden, as he's clearly too old to be president, like WTF is the democrats doing? Overall I feel conflicted for either side, and feel let down due to all the polarization and binary framings, of bad faith communications between the two parties, and very little effort for both the conservatives and liberals to communicate in good faith. Maybe we should bring in the more respectful debate panels, and ditch the more modern disrespectful gotcha arguments that Donald Trump pioneered.

Still, Jordan Peterson's political takes are low quality, but his psychological takes are solid and worth studying a bit, but his boogeyman is the red scare and 'cultural Marxism' that doesn't exist.

It's the opposite:

It's the right-wing who's in a panic about stage Green so they threw out all their morals to vote in a dangerous, incompetent, criminal, authoritarian like Trump.

Joe Biden is not radical left.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's the opposite:

It's the right-wing who's in a panic about stage Green so they threw out all their morals to vote in a dangerous, incompetent, criminal, authoritarian like Trump.

Joe Biden is not radical left.

I don't even think Joe Biden knows what he is anymore, lol!

In all seriousness though, I guess that would make sense. But isn't it the mark of a totalitarian state to weaken and diminish the quality of life for their average citizens? Like a sort of Stalin famine thing or what they do in North Korea? 

If Trump was the dangerous authoritarian, why was life so much easier to manage on a financial front when he was in office? My truck didn't cost $100 to fill up with normal gas, and groceries definitely didn't cost the insane amounts they do now... We also weren't in some pointless foreign war printing billions of dollars out of thin air that only benefits God knows who. So yeah, it makes sense in theory but in practice I see the opposite: a completely incompetent administration that is knowingly destroying and weakening the foundational middle class that is basically the heart and engine of this country. 

I know there are a lot of moving parts, and the economy doesn't stay the same ever, but to say that daily life in America was better under trump is an correct statement Imo. I think anyone who is just barely scraping by to pay the bills right now would agree. I also think that's why so many people like him. There is sort of an intuition that "until we take care of ourselves and make our lives great, we can't do that for you." Which the current admin has backwards: Give only $700 to the families in Lahaina that suffered an incredible catastrophe but give billions to fuel a foreign war in Ukraine. 

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

10 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

If Trump was the dangerous authoritarian, why was life so much easier to manage on a financial front when he was in office?

Inflation has been a global problem. If Trump was in office it would be there all the same.

...a completely incompetent admi snistration that is knowingly destroying and weakening the foundational middle class that is basically the heart and engine of this country. 

Biden has done more to help the working class than Trump ever could.

You are just ignorant of Biden's policies.

Edited by Leo Gura

50 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@VictorB02

I can partly agree with Jordan Peterson's takes despite my ideological biases with Joe Biden, and a bit against Donald Trump. There are better ways of handling Donald Trump that shouldn't result in more popularity for Donald Trump, and how they're going about handling him is going to backfire on the Biden administration sooner or later. Although I still feel mostly indifferent towards Trump, with some worry and some insecurity, as he was like me when I was in high school and in college, using manipulation techniques and acting brash to win arguments and to perform in presentations, which is part of my ego shadow. Meanwhile, I feel more insecurity and worry for Joe Biden, as he's clearly too old to be president, like WTF is the democrats doing? Overall I feel conflicted for either side, and feel let down due to all the polarization and binary framings, of bad faith communications between the two parties, and very little effort for both the conservatives and liberals to communicate in good faith. Maybe we should bring in the more respectful debate panels, and ditch the more modern disrespectful gotcha arguments that Donald Trump pioneered.

Still, Jordan Peterson's political takes are low quality, but his psychological takes are solid and worth studying a bit, but his boogeyman is the red scare and 'cultural Marxism' that doesn't exist.

Yeah, I tend to agree in spirit. But sometimes you have to go right at a problem and not avoid it. You have to go through it to really heal it. Kind of like a hard conversation with your spouse: you can't just avoid it and makeup. That's putting the cart before the horse. You have to go right at it, head on, figure it out, get messy, and then you can heal it.

That's why I like Jordan, he doesn't beat around the bush. And right now is not a time to beat around the bush imo. 

Edited by VictorB02

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Inflation has been a global problem. If Trump was in office it would be there all the same.

Biden has done more to help the working class than Trump ever could.

You are just ignorant of Biden's policies.

Yeah, maybe.

I still think this administration is a joke nonetheless. We do not need to be printing billions upon billions of dollars to kill more people and fuel a foreign war that Ukraine will never win anyway. Especially when we have our own problems here. I think only giving $700 to the families in Lahaina was one of the biggest tells for me on how careless and detached this admin is from its own people.

Not to mention the border situation.

It’s an easy case to cast Trump as a wild man who had it coming.  But they are also demonizing(e.g., “conspiracy theorist”)  and excluding Robert Kennedy, Jr.  who seems to irritate them even more because he is so reasonable and taking positions that were normal democratic party positions in the 1960s.  Or for that matter, mild mannered and extremely polite Barry Goldwater was demonized with campaign commercials of a nuclear bomb going off implying that if he was elected there would be a nuclear war.   But now democrats are uniformly in favor of sending money to Ukraine to inflame a dangerous conflict further, flirting with nuclear war, instead of advocating for a diplomatic settlement. 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

11 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

instead of advocating for a diplomatic settlement. 

There cannot be a diplomatic settlement with Putin until you exhaust him with war.

You guys have the geopolitical understanding of children.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There cannot be a diplomatic settlement with Putin until you exhaust him with war.

I think there can be many settlements, but somehow it just doesn't interest some people.

7 minutes ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

I think there can be many settlements, but somehow it just doesn't interest some people.

It doesn't interest Putin.

Exactly, it's really hard to do negotiations with a leader of a nation who is actively involved in a war with another nation. He literally ignored all negotiations with the United nations and pushed his country into war with Ukraine. In his mind war is the best option to help his country even though you and I wouldn't see it that way. That's how he sees it. 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

@VictorB02  where is the boundary between being persecuted for an crime vs for being persecuted for political gain. 

In reality there is no such boundary and law and authority figures are figments of people's minds. So if enough people decide there's evidence to convict Trump and succeed, you will have to accept that as the "truth". 

Similarly if Trump wins, then liberals should be wise to accept that America wants Trump as a current leader. 

Edited by itsadistraction

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It doesn't interest Putin.

Didn't he previously agree to the Minsk agreements?    This has already been discussed in another thread so I won't belabor it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minsk_agreements#:~:text=Following that decision%2C on 22,to blame for their collapse.

Keep in mind that even FDR agreed to sit down and talk with Stalin.    Also, Victoria Nuland is in the Biden Administration.  She was also in the Bush administration and the architect of the Iraq invasion and she is very pro war.    

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

5 hours ago, VictorB02 said:

This is a f*cking fantastic take on the current state of the country / Bidens Admin. What Jordan says at the 8:36 mark to end is perfect for some of you to hear that so blindly and adamantly defend the radical left and this horrible administration we have:

Yeah, I don't buy that BS. That's such a childish reframe to justify hatred and desire for control. You don't just get to oust someone because they piss you off. That's not how it works in our country. And Trump is definitely not perfect, but he can give a speech without fumbling words, remember where he is walking, and he sure as hell didn't fuel a foreign war and absolutely destroy our economy like the people in power are doing as we speak.

The "Biden crime family" was actually looked into by Trump appointed investigators with no major evidence found. Biden is constantly scrutinized by multiple media sources everyday. And yes, Trump is indicted and persecuted with court evidence for all of the crimes that he has made. It's about damn time.

There has been no concrete evidence to support that the election was stolen, so yes Trump is a threat to democracy. And actually I heard Trump say that he is going to retaliate if he becomes president and put his political opponents in jail that piss him off, so that's how it will work in this country if he regains dictatorship.

@Jodistrict Do you understand that Putin believes that Ukraine isn't even a real country? That it was always part of Russia? They are in the process of removing the word "Ukraine" from their school books.

Edited by Leo Gura

Trump inherited an economy that was in very good shape and on the rise. His tax cuts, disproportionate to the rich, Shrunk the middle class and contributed to 2 trillion dollars of the national debt. His economy was unsustainable. That's like taking out a credit card, maxing it out, not making the payments and then leaving the debt for the next guy and pretending that you had a bunch of money to spend.

Joe Biden inherited the worst scenario of any president in my lifetime, I'm 39. The median household income is now the highest it's ever been. Unemployment is the lowest it's been in my lifetime. Millions of jobs have been created. Our infrastructure isn't crumbling. Biden is actually looking toward the future. He's not a pump and dump like Trump.

Edited by ryandesreu

9 hours ago, VictorB02 said:

I don't even think Joe Biden knows what he is anymore, lol!

In all seriousness though, I guess that would make sense. But isn't it the mark of a totalitarian state to weaken and diminish the quality of life for their average citizens? Like a sort of Stalin famine thing or what they do in North Korea? 

If Trump was the dangerous authoritarian, why was life so much easier to manage on a financial front when he was in office? My truck didn't cost $100 to fill up with normal gas, and groceries definitely didn't cost the insane amounts they do now... We also weren't in some pointless foreign war printing billions of dollars out of thin air that only benefits God knows who. So yeah, it makes sense in theory but in practice I see the opposite: a completely incompetent administration that is knowingly destroying and weakening the foundational middle class that is basically the heart and engine of this country. 

I know there are a lot of moving parts, and the economy doesn't stay the same ever, but to say that daily life in America was better under trump is an correct statement Imo. I think anyone who is just barely scraping by to pay the bills right now would agree. I also think that's why so many people like him. There is sort of an intuition that "until we take care of ourselves and make our lives great, we can't do that for you." Which the current admin has backwards: Give only $700 to the families in Lahaina that suffered an incredible catastrophe but give billions to fuel a foreign war in Ukraine. 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The inflation rate in the US has been back to a relatively normal level since about a few months ago and wage growth has been outpacing the rate of inflation for the vast majority of Americans for over 5 month now. In fact, some top economists have argued that real wages are now significantly higher than they were before the pandemic. What's really going on now is that the cumulative inflation over the past 2 to 3 years hasn't come down yet. That means that even though wages of everyday Americans has been growing significantly faster than the rate of inflation for 5 months now, it still hasn't yet compensated for the 2+ years of inflation that did outpace the wage growth of most Americans. Economists say that from here on out most Americans will have completely recovered their purchasing power sometime by end of next year as wage growth keeps outpacing the rate of inflation.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You guys have the geopolitical understanding of children.

Leo what can you say about China claiming west philippine sea? i wanna understand, and know how to manage that in your understanding

1 hour ago, John Iverson said:

Leo what can you say about China claiming west philippine sea? i wanna understand, and know how to manage that in your understanding

China is claming lot of things, arunachal pradesh from India, taiwan etc. After Russia crumbles with war next problem will be China.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi