itsadistraction

The implications of life being a dream

11 posts in this topic

If life is a dream is it just as meaningless as one? Doesn't matter how it goes it's just a dream. This is actually an uplifting idea rather than a depressing one. 

Even thought it doesn't matter, What do you think?

It is what you dream it is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You underestimate dreams because you have not explored outside of your own little dream.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Leo Gura Leo, thanks for undoing that warning given by @universe. Please review his behaviour. He gave me 2 warning points for simply pointing out that moderators are abusing their power. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

3 hours ago, itsadistraction said:

If life is a dream is it just as meaningless as one? Doesn't matter how it goes it's just a dream. This is actually an uplifting idea rather than a depressing one. 

Even thought it doesn't matter, What do you think?

It means something now.  Just as your dreams at night have meaning during them.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

17 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

It means something now.  

Which is what ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

it’s more meaningful than if it was real :)

religion says we should worship God or he’s gonna send us to hell.

materialism says we’re dumb billiard balls on a rock floating in space for no reason at all.

but if we’re dreaming, we can create the life we want and everything is part of God’s light, and then instead of going to heaven or hell forever we get to keep on dreaming.

Edited by Oppositionless

Dreams deteriorate if it is not being created. 

If you want to dream a nightmare, well be my guest.

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

You can't fully evaluate whether dreaming is better or AWAKE is better until you awaken fully, so that's the catch. How can you actually decide if you don't remember what heaven was like?

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Meaning is completely separate from the idea of dreaming. Labelling your life as a dream doesn't affect its meaning in any way. The whole point of the dream metaphor for life is to point to the idea that you could metaphorically "wake up". It's not to pretend that nothing matters or that your happiness is contingent on meaning - it doesn't have to be. Even if you did "wake up" you would still call it just a dream. Or as I prefer to call it: reality.

All stories and explanations are false.