MuadDib

How can I be more unhappy ... I need balance, please help!

33 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Francis777 said:

you said without opposites there is no experience, wrong. There is experience, its just that your experience is infinity, which is nothing!

Infinity is not an experience. The experience of infinity is an experience, and it requires an experience of (apparent) finitude to contrast it with.

Reality 101.

2Q==.jpg

Why so serious?

10 hours ago, Francis777 said:

Man I'm really starting to understand why Leo keeps using the saying Non-Dual Rats.

You mean the kind of people who think that nonduality is somehow better than duality and can be experienced without it?

Why so serious?

2 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

You mean the kind of people who think that nonduality is somehow better than duality and can be experienced without it?

Is better in the sense that it feels better than duality.

Is kinda like enjoying a premium arabica coffee Vs a Nespresso from a capsule. Fundamentally nothing wrong with the Nespresso but it terms of enjoyment the premium one is preferable 

This book wil help you: 

The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level

61YDnujqWvL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

You are actually hitting the crystal cealing or self limitation of how good you think your life can be and therefore trying to sabotage it. Although what is remarkable in your case is that the sabotage is trying to be done consciously which is bizarre. In any case, that book will give you insights on why you think your life is too good.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

Be careful what you wish for. You might be doing all right and existential problems will happen. Don't wish for it, don't actively seek it out. Good that you don't have it and have good circumstances. Most people so not have what they want, don't wish misfortune upon yourself, I think you do not want it.

Terrible war, breakup, deterioration of health, losing a loved one, losing purpose without reason and not knowing the reason why, being jelous of somebody, being oppressed by somebody, not having enough time for your vision and more is all that could and probably will happen to you, me and everyone. You don't need to wish it for the sake of fantasy. I may have misunderstood you, but please, don't destroy what you have.

It's dark satire to spark contemplation y'all. 

I'm thinking of developing a substance use problem and adopting the materialist paradigm in one fell swoop.

Happiness and misery blended to perfection.

18 hours ago, Francis777 said:

you said without opposites there is no experience, wrong. There is experience, its just that your experience is infinity, which is nothing!

And everything.

Man I'm really starting to understand why Leo keeps using the saying Non-Dual Rats.

That wasn't a shot at you btw @Bazooka Jesus

I’m sure it was, watch your bias!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Leave everything behind, sell everything you have and donate all your money. Go to India, walk from village to village, meditate and sleep under trees. Beg for food, hunt, do what you must do to survive. No working, no business. Just you, nature and the mercy of strangers passing by.

@ivankiss Been there done that, donated $600k to charity when I was 21 and walked across Australia.

@Spiritual Warrior Yeah, there is a strong bias towards negativity that seems to be ingrained into the himan psyche. If 99 things are going well for you and 1 thing is going poorly its almost natural to focus in on that one negative thing. Reminds me of an old sadhguru talk I listened to many years ago:

So humans really are biologically wired to crave drama eh?  Sometimes I feel the people who are supposedly the most enlightened with the way they criticize the so-called "sheep" are actually the opposite... Walking bundles of anger and misery  stuck in a sympathetic or dorsal vagal state.   I've come to see that the people who like to preach the most do so because they often have these traits in themselves whether consciously or unconsciously and are merely projecting.   Its easy to put out the image of being peaceful and at ease...living it can be harder.

I find most people I work with despite their impulsive nature are probably more psychologically well adjusted than most of us here, but maybe that's me projecting. :P I work in a factory making micropore backing making $33/hour. We all make decent money which probably contributes to happiness factor. Being totally happy independent of external circumstances is of course quite difficult. That's why its good to work on Maslow's hierarchy and do more practical ego development. To me ego "transcending" is almost an excuse to avoid the emotional labor of personal growth, whatever purpose that serves outside our genetically driven urges programmed through a million years of evolution. Don't turn spiritual work into remaining in a dorsal vagal state.

https://themovementparadigm.com/how-to-map-your-own-nervous-sytem-the-polyvagal-theory/

If you're not in a ventral vagal state most of the time it means you have growing to do. For me polyvagal theory is the gauge I use for progress. Being a spiral dynamics stage yellow does no good if you are miserable about the supposed state of the world which is to me a trap. Its not necessarily the spiritual aspirants job to be the fix it man...fixing perceived problems with society when most people dont learn through being preached too anyways and dont want hear to hear it. They're going to stumble and make their mistakes because that's biology. 

Of course almost all spiritual teachers tell you this...your job is to fix yourself, not worry about what everyone else is doing, or obsessing over geopolitics and world events. We create our own suffering through the narratives we spin in our minds or the content we consume. Of course I'm projecting.

Edited by sholomar

@sholomar Yeah, there seems to be an underbelly of heavy suffering in spiritual communities as people who are in those dorsal vagal states may be driven to seek solutions outside the mainstream. (Speaking from experience) Having spiritual insights, moments of ease and connection that comes from merging with a community can then be easily hikacked by egoic/survival drives and lead to all kinds of traps.

I think a distinction needs to be made between having a calm and present nervous system and having states of high consciousness. Breathwork, body work, trauma release, diet, psychedellic experiences, meditation, yoga, sauna, icebaths, psychological and philosophical insight can impact both.

It would be a mistake to assume that 'well adjusted' people are advanced spiritually, just because they're chill.

Edited by MuadDib

52 minutes ago, MuadDib said:

@sholomar

It would be a mistake to assume that 'well adjusted' people are advanced spiritually, just because they're chill.

Quite true. A psychopath can be totally devoid of emotion and come off as chill. There's only 2 really spiritually advanced people in my plant I've come across. You can tell who they are by their overflowing positivity and willingness to be positive towards anyone, in almost any situation, and unwillingness to criticize anyone.  Most people have varying levels of insecurity inside which affect their personality more than they know. Either that or they substitute cockiness and faux confidence in an attempt to cover up their insecurity. That or they just have a cranky, bored, entitled demeanor. That's all absent from these two.

If you could think of the incarnation of Jesus.. These two are as close as they come. These types do seem to make up around 0.25 - .5% of the population,  give or take. Highly purified ego minds.  What really makes a person "advanced" can be rather subjective also. To me David Hawkins scale of consciousness is a pretty cut and dry method of determining ...but of course a psychopath would disagree. For them power itself might be a sign of advancement...control and domination of others. I imagine how life would be if we were all narcissists with no empathy...probably extinct.

Edited by sholomar