CoolDreamThanks

Biggest error in Leo's metaphysical understanding

184 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

I certainly appreciate how much we can bash Leo on here (to a certain degree).

Imagine publicly protesting how much Jesus, the Pope and Roman Catholics sucks in Vatican City. I’m sure all their loving facades are flying out the window if you were to actually do that.

Constructively criticizing a teacher who has strong influence over the lives of tens of thousands of people shouldn't be avoided, especially if you see an error that is very harmful to his students.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

2 hours ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

That's all, folks. I doubt anyone will actually change their mind, but it doesn't matter. Only one has to understand it, and he does.

Honestly -- this is all very theological, and is completely irrelevant to spiritual realization.  I think the Buddhists (Buddhist Rats (tm LG 2023)) are essentially right and you focus on the Eightfold Path and drop the theological bullshit because it adds little of value to you.

I would first look towards my own lack of understanding before focusing on another's.

I'm sure there's a cute saying in the bible about this point. Is it the eye that's covered or something like that?

Update: This is the one, by Matthew:

You hypocrite! First, remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother’s eye.

Edited by UnbornTao

I found this interview and was watching it before I came back here on the forum. Have you seen it and is this relevant to what you're saying. I watched about 10mins of it so far. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

2 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

I'd look for my own first before going after another's.

I'm sure there's a cute saying in the bible about this point. Is it the eye that's covered or something?

And then there’s nonduality….

”Who am I?”

9_9

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

16 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I found this interview and was watching it before I came back here on the forum. Have you seen it and is this relevant to what you're saying. I watched about 10mins of it so far. 

@Princess Arabia Yep, Gary just relays what his teachers thought him, he rarely inputs his own opinions, so most of his interviews are clear and useful overviews of his books. Not sure if I saw this specific one before, though, but it should be fine. Edit: Just skimmed through it, it's just like I said, hes giving a summary of the book, so its good.

If you really want the deep understanding behind the miscreation of the universe, do not hesitate to grab his book. Try to act out the miscreation story as though it is happening now - that helps to grasp it. It took me multiple reads to get it and perhaps a year of digesting to really deeply realize it, so don't be discouraged if it feels tricky on the first read, we are trying to uncover the reason for this whole shabang. 

Im on this forum for a few more days or so, so ask away if you run into any real roadblocks.

Edited by CoolDreamThanks

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

13 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

Honestly -- this is all very theological, and is completely irrelevant to spiritual realization.  I think the Buddhists (Buddhist Rats (tm LG 2023)) are essentially right and you focus on the Eightfold Path and drop the theological bullshit because it adds little of value to you.

It's actually very practical and relevant to enlightenment, because if you grasp that this life is not the will of God, but of the ego, then you will be inclined to escape it and quickly. Otherwise, you are stuck in the trap and won't have enough motivation to do what is needed to escape.

4 minutes ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

If you really want the deep understanding behind the miscreation of the universe, do not hesitate to grab his book.

The point of this work is not to get stuck on one viewpoint, which is what you are clearly doing on this thread.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 minutes ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

It's actually very practical and relevant to enlightenment, because if you grasp that this life is not the will of God, but of the ego, then you will be inclined to escape it and quickly. Otherwise, you are stuck in the trap and won't have enough motivation to do what is needed to escape.

If you think this life is the will of God (sort of in the Islamic "Inshallah" sense), you are probably nowhere close to being a spiritual seeker anyway; you're probably not going to get there in this lifetime (too many stages to hop through.)

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@CoolDreamThanks let's humor you for a second - if you believe a being "other" than God created the universe, isn't this a direct contradiction of Oneness - which is the same as Solipsism or Aloneness with a capital A, or Infinity, or Love?  Ponder that for a moment.  But in order for you to actually realize all this, you must first realize no self, or that the self you believe you are is illusory.  Sitting and doing nothing can help with this, but self inquiry is really where the rubber meets the road.

Also your Love is biased so it is not Infinite Love.  Infinite Love loves ALL of itself.

Your wasting your time on this user. Maybe when they come back in 5-10 years they will be open to this message. They came on these forums as if they are an expert and I can tell from their answers they are probably in their 20's at least I hope so.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

5 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

They came on these forums as if they are an expert and I can tell from their answers they are probably in their 20's at least I hope so.

Maybe it is Leo’s ex seeking revenge :$

I just looked up the book you mentioned. Why read something about someone talking about another book that tries to reinterpret the Bible? (A course in miracles)

Just read the entire New Testament yourself and be guided by the Holy Spirit

2 hours ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

Yeh I get it, that's my main issue, basically. If it was self-created, purposely, then I propose that the life we are living now would be magnitudes better. If I had the ability to design and I was perfectly loving, there is no way I would subject myself to this level of abuse. And if we consider that it was going on for thousands of lifetimes, with forgetting inbetween them - why? 

Instead, it would be like this: I have no idea why, but everything is going so smoothly, there is no pain, only pleasure, love, beauty in my life. How come? Am I actually God and did this to myself? 

But this life we are living now is hardly like that, is it? Are you not open to the possibility that the self-deception actually occured and caused psychological pain at the metaphysical level, before the creation of the universe? 

I am not because again you fail to consider bias and relativity.  It's only bad relative to you because it directly affects your own survival.  I suggest delving deeper into relativity and finite bias.  There are plenty of good episodes on these topics available here.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

I just looked up the book you mentioned. Why read something about someone talking about another book that tries to reinterpret the Bible? (A course in miracles)

A course in miracles is sayed to be written by Jesus himself. There's echkart tolle's commentary on the book available. It's after listening to echkart's review of the book that got inspired to try reading the book and I can confirm it is the work of grace and holyness. Had a profound impact on me. There's no conflict with the bible aswell in it. Just a deepening you could say.

https://nondualteacher.com/non-dual-awareness-a-course-in-miracles-acim/

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

I AM THAT I AM.  That's it. Now, who wants to enjoy some music, have some sex, read a book, cook a meal, love, and then love some more. Feel. Enjoy life and what is happening. Fuck all the theories, concepts and interpretations. Just be. Know. Fear nothing. No procedures necessary. The heart knows. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

Fuck all the theories, concepts and interpretations.

Holy scriptures are not just concepts and theories and interpretations. It's about Grace and the Words of Truth that carry a certain influence that is way beyond just the intelectual entertainment. Such books have metaphysical properties that stimulate the opening and healing of the heart. It plants seeds of awakening. It purifies the mind. And it is a way, a portal so to speak, through which one can tap into certain states of consciouness, and make a connection with certain beings to receive their grace, support and guidence. Such tools for transformation deserve to be honored and not pissed on.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

9 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Reality emerges from the void and creates itself in an evolutionary way, from the most basic complexity to higher levels. For life, abuse is not something negative because it really does not exist. It is life abusing itself to mold itself, to grow in complexity. The recipe for this must be perfect, nothing should be missing or left over. really this experience, now, is the infinite manifesting. It is not a deception or anything like that, it is what the infinite is in this cycle, and its desire is to be more. purer, broader, more transparent, more divine

correct did you notice one man being abused is another man being amused

which is god - both for sure

but they need a little work

9 hours ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

ego indeed creates all that one sees but for god all that's just the abc's

You have always exercised your intellect and never your intuition.If you reverse your course and take to inward vision, shutting out all external images and falling back on intuitive feeling,in that hidden chamber of your mind you will catch the true picture of yourself. Ramana M

Edited by gettoefl