Vynce

About the last Insight post and general critique of Leo

324 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

If you desire it then God desires it. And if you don't then God does not.

What's possible is an insanely deep comprehension of God and how it dreams up reality.

Of course. I never tell myself I have reached the end.

I am comprehension is too powerful. It's abstraction because it can hide a lot of details.

For example you can simply ask me to buy 100 fruits instead of asking me to buy 5 Oranges, 25 apples, 60 mangoes etc...

"Fruit" is the comprehension that abstracts away the underlying details about the specific fruits.

Likewise, Love is the underlying abstraction of the universe.

In that sense absolute comprehension is possible at all levels for consciousness. If you can comprehend love, you comprehend the universe and everything and anything possible.

With that said, True comprehension should also encompasses more underlying abstractions like, Truth, Honesty, Understanding etc.

All of them are fundamentally Love or Truth.

Just saying.... 

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's not a mistake, that's a necessity. 

God's existence must be a tautology. That's what makes God Absolute. It is self-contained and self-defined. It is SELF.

It sure seems that way from an outsider's perspective. But the outsider is dreaming. And doesn't know it.

No. I am absolutely sure that I am God and the world is my dream. That's Awakening. 

Humility or doubt on this point is a self-deception. God does not need to bullshit itself about itself.

I don't expect to fully understand myself in the fine detail.

And the big picture I already understand.

But there are still details which I want to understand better, and will.

You can realize you are God, but then you start wondering what more there is to Consciousness, what other tricks it has up its sleeve, and then you break through into even higher domains of God-Consciousness beyond the standard human. You never cease being God, but you discover what I would call hyper domains of God-Consciousness which can feel very alien and exotic.

For example, one time I became a cartoon wolf. That doesn't mean I stopped being God. But God as a cartoon wolf is radically beyond God as a human. A human doesn't even understand that cartoon wolf consciousness exists. As God you can explore various strange kinds of God-consciousness beyond the standard human. And thia gives you deeper insight into what Consciousness really entails.

The issue with this type of thinking, that the cartoon wolf is not simply something occuring in the brain, is that we simply do not observe new information arising as the result of trips. It becomes hard to believe in the convenient excuse that it's all just set up so you can never prove the truth.

I think it is likely that one day they will be able to precisely show what kind of brain activity is the cartoon wolf, and they will be able to manipulate you and convince you of that so that you will be 100% certain and convinced that it is somehow beyond the brain, even though we will be able to showcase on a monitor the precise hallucination that are occuring and how the neurological activity relates to the phenomena.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

3 hours ago, Bufo Alvarius said:

This Russian cartoon wolf, that you posted once on the blog?

Maybe ^_^

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Loveeee said:

On a 1-100 scale how confident are you that you exist ?

If your ultimate goal here is to show how my answer will come to the same epistemic problems that I wrote about above, then sure we can skip ahead, because I agree .

But I acknowledge these epistemic problems hence why I would suggest that it is more reasonable to have some epistemic humility compared to 100% absolute  confidence in a claim.

Sure you can further question it by asking , but why do you care about how reasonable or unreasonable it is? But at that point I can literally create any system or worldview whatsoever and you conceding your ability to reject them on any ground - hence an infinite number of worldviews will stay on the table to choose from.

That's not a mistake, that's a necessity. 

God's existence must be a tautology.

The point you accept circular reasoning is the point where I can create an infinite number of other worldviews and use  the  same logic that you use to defend them.

No. I am absolutely sure that I am God and the world is my dream. That's Awakening. 

Humility or doubt on this point is a self-deception. God does not need to bullshit itself about itself.

Fundamentalists use the same kind of logic that you use to preserve and to arrive their own conclusions.  "doubt on this fundamental point is a self-deception, therefore my worldview is true "

Seems like you are suggesting that questioning and logic is too limited , but in that case - why do you talk about epistemology and about questioning things?

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Many things remain opaque, like for example, how to reconcile God with relative scientific truths, the nature of time, the nature of mathematics, the mature of memory, the nature of evolution, issues of cosmology like the Big Bang, etc.

What about physical death ?

You get shot, what happens ? 

Unlike ego death you won't come back the same

I don't even understand why you still do 

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

22 minutes ago, zurew said:

If your ultimate goal here is to show how my answer will come to the same epistemic problems that I wrote about above, then sure we can skip ahead, because I agree .

But I acknowledge these epistemic problems hence why I would suggest that it is more reasonable to have some epistemic humility compared to 100% absolute  confidence in a claim.

Sure you can further question it by asking , but why do you care about how reasonable or unreasonable it is? But at that point I can literally create any system or worldview whatsoever and you conceding your ability to reject them on any ground - hence an infinite number of worldviews will stay on the table to choose from.

The point you accept circular reasoning is the point where I can create an infinite number of other worldviews and use  the  same logic that you use to defend them.

Fundamentalists use the same kind of logic that you use to preserve and to arrive their own conclusions.  "doubt on this fundamental point is a self-deception, therefore my worldview is true "

Seems like you are suggesting that questioning and logic is too limited , but in that case - why do you talk about epistemology and about questioning things?

1) Questioning is not limited. Questioning is fundamental and great. The issue is that all those other people are not seriously questioning neither reality nor their own worldview.

2) The issue of existence is too fundamental for epistemology, it's actually metaphysical. Your existence is an absolute. And of course that's because you are God.

3) Exactly! An infinite number of worldviews and dreams are possible. However, Consciousness/Awakening is not a worldview.

4) Nothing is limiting you from defending your own imagined worldviews other than your own tolerance for mental gymnastics.

5) Why are you confusing Consciousness with worldviews? You should be beyond such silliness.

Edited by Leo Gura

6 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

I become INFINITY, turn into a dragon, and stalk your children in their dreams.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

Unlike ego death you won't come back the same

I don't even understand why you still do 

You construct the identity of *same*....what is *same*?

According to science your changing every moment...a ridiculous number of cells are dying and being replaced, your brain is creating new neurological pathways, your skin is shedding, nails are growing, your body is producing chemicals that is breaking certain things down, and converting other stuff.

So what is same? Notice for you to construct the identity of same...you have to IGNORE a BUNCH of things.

Which perspective....is the TRUE one...

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I become INFINITY, turn into a dragon, and stalk your children in their dreams.

matrix-dodge-1.gif

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

5) Why are you confusing Consciousness with worldviews? You should be beyond such silliness.

Because its avoiding the hard problem with epistemology and begs the question.

To me an answer to the question of "How do you know/how can you know about the nature of reality" seems to be necessary, to answer the question of "What is the nature of reality".

Starting with 'What is the nature of reality'   entails the assumption that you know what process/method to use to answer the question.

The notion of claiming that 'this x thing is beyond worldviews' is just begging the question and  makes it so that you can avoid giving an answer 'how do you know that this x thing is beyond worldviews'.

You can replace your question with "Why are you confusing x with worldviews?" and create examples like

- Why are you confusing the christian religion with worldviews?

- Why are you confusing atheism with worldviews?

@zurew Don't get me wrong. I do have a worldview on top of my consciousness. And that worldview does contain errors and biases of various kinds.

@Leo Gura

Thank you for answering questions so directly it has been a while since that happened :P

Does that mean that you will do your job and shoot a video on Sunday? I want my juicy and delicious insights:o

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@zurew Don't get me wrong. I do have a worldview on top of my consciousness. And that worldview does contain errors and biases of various kinds.

Are you scared of losing your work?

Consciousness has an a mechanical forgetting and remembering function. 

What if you simply forget all this shit and imagine yourself to be a dog in a kennel in some secluded home in siberia?

23 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Are you scared of losing your work?

No, my work is irrelevant in the big picture.

What if you simply forget all this shit and imagine yourself to be a dog in a kennel in some secluded home in siberia?

I will become more conscious than I was as a human, as I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by Leo Gura

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, my work is irrelvant in the big picture.

I will become more conscious than I was as a human, as I'm looking forward to it.

@Leo Gura does that implie a grand design? Being more conscious than a human?

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, my work is irrelvant in the big picture.

Have you ever heard about ascended masters?

You can google it. The lore says it's basically people who've achieved enlightenment across many lifetimes and now they allegedely even more woke than ordinary enlightnment and they generally have some higher spiritual purpose on the Earth (which they try to achieve through many lifetimes)

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Higher consciousness is not an illusion.

At least not in the way you think.

is that because the second you become directly conscious of an illusion, it is no longer illusory, but the structure still remains

Edited by Francis777

5 hours ago, zurew said:

epistemically speaking ,how can you make 100% sure that you are  not deluding yourself, without already assuming that your conclusion is true?

I don't think people realise that awakening is not provable outside of itself, but that once you have an awakening it is completely self proving and undeniable. The best way for you to understand this is simply to have as many awakenings as you can, it is a point that can not easily be conveyed, you need to have multiple awakenings to get this insight and go past this notion of something not being true simply because it is not provable.

The key is developing the your consciousness enough to the point where you can distinguish between and real awakening and deception. Or more so just having enough to where you cant deceive yourself anymore between the two

Edited by Francis777

27 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

is that because the second you become directly conscious of an illusion, it is no longer an illusory, but the structure still remains

Consciousness dreams stuff up. But the fact that consciousness dreams stuff up is not itself a dream! It's Absolute Truth. So it's only an illusion as long as you get fooled by it.

If you see a hologram and recognize it as a hologram rather than a rock, then it hasn't fooled you and you recognize its nature correctly. But most people take the hologram for a rock, in which case they have fallen for an illusion.

It is NOT an illusion that Consciousness comes in lower and higher degrees.

Edited by Leo Gura