Sucuk Ekmek

India is no longer India

41 posts in this topic

Similiar to Persia becoming Iran or Konstantinopel becoming Istanbul

They also need to change the English colonial word "Hinduism" to "Sanatana Dharma".   

Vincit omnia Veritas.

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

Even the epic MahaBharat is about the great land of india and its history. (I think, idk really)

Maha Bhart Simpson

Our govt is wasting time debating and changing languages, currency and now the name of the country.

What a spectacular waste. 

Burma changed its name to Myanmar.   It's not as hard as it seems.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Our govt is wasting time debating and changing languages, currency and now the name of the country.

What a spectacular waste. 

This is the nature of govts they became private companies.

54 minutes ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

This is the nature of govts they became private companies.

Naah Modi govt has a weird obsession with "finding our roots" and "finding ourselves in the past" while we should be doubling down on building a great future.

But naah let us change names and languages and currencies.

The same government recently decreased the funding for research endeavours but will take credit for the chandrayaan moon landing. They don't do anything real that will actually benefit the Indians. 

---

At this point, if you are an Indian, and not planning to leave India, you are pulling yourself down. It's better to escape this clown game altogether. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

1 hour ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Naah Modi govt has a weird obsession with "finding our roots" and "finding ourselves in the past" while we should be doubling down on building a great future.

But naah let us change names and languages and currencies.

The same government recently decreased the funding for research endeavours but will take credit for the chandrayaan moon landing. They don't do anything real that will actually benefit the Indians. 

---

At this point, if you are an Indian, and not planning to leave India, you are pulling yourself down. It's better to escape this clown game altogether. 

I second this. 

There is a lot of danger with pushing for more nationalism. Potentially, when WWIII happens, India will have to take sides, because it is trying to historically isolate itself from the world. Which is paradoxical, considering the 'one world' agenda of the G20. 

4 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

Burma changed its name to Myanmar.   It's not as hard as it seems.  

Almost nobody knew Burma anyway so it was easy

But soo many „Indian“ restaurants around the world will have to change their description

1 hour ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Nobody wants strong citizens. This is a global phenomenon. Building future requires individuals. There is a war happening  against human soul.

You will either marry with the machine or become the part of human zoo.

On 9/7/2023 at 4:00 PM, Sidra khan said:

BTW there must be a word for your profile picture as well :D

Good point. I'm going to let God decide (I'll just look up a random name generator and that will be his name).

Edit: It's Alfred. His name is Alfred now.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

The English invade Bharat with their bigger guns and change all the local names to English to make it easier for them to administrate.   They label the country “India”.   Meanwhile the indigenous people of North America are called “Indians”.   It’s time to correct this nuttery.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

1 minute ago, Sidra khan said:

Please stop for a while Alfred, sit and meditation.

He can't stop, it's a chronic illness. All we can do is pray for him.

beep boop

I think a country should be able to call itself whatever its people wants, as stated "India" was a colonial term forced upon the nation. Sadhguru made an analogy about the "technologies of domination" that slave traders used to do the same thing with their "property".

The first thing that happened when you were sold into slavery was that they changed your birth name to something demeaning to insulting to demoralize you and make you easier to bend to their will.

I agree that nationalism isnt everything, but you cant transcend nationalism until everyone is comfortable in their own authenticity and I think Bharat seems more authentic than India since India basically means nothing (river) and Bharat means "to be maintained (of fire)" to me its a no brainer, and its easy to judge from the west but people from Bharat seem to like that change and its a step in the right direction towards authenticity.

https://isha.sadhguru.org/global/en/wisdom/article/bharat-the-power-of-a-name

From the Article :

"I know a whole lot of the intellectual crowd will say, “What is in a name?” When you utter your name, you must understand there is sound. The meaning is only psychological and social. The sound is existential and has a power. “Bharat” has power. This power has to reverberate through everybody’s hearts in this country. And the idea of what it means to be an Indian must get across to every human being because if everyone’s aspiration is not the same as the national aspiration, then you don’t have a nation."

Edited by Gidiot
Added some relevant stuff

Also change the name of 1000 institutions that are named with "I" for India. We will lose the privilege of the "Indian Ocean" and the "Indian subcontinent".

This is crazy. When did this happen? 

And how are you supposed to be pronouncing that? " Bhaaarat" or "Bharaat" or "Bharot"... I knew Modi was a crazy dictator but this seems to take the cake. 

Btw, not gonna lie, india sounded cute like a girly name. 

This seriously sounds silly. Complicating pronunciation. 

31 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Bhaaarat

This is the right one. 

31 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

This seriously sounds silly. Complicating pronunciation. 

Exactly my point. It alienates Western people for no reason. 

30 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Are majority of Indians happy with this decision? I doubt. 

You have to be cartoonishly nationalistic to be on board with this. Most globally-minded Indians are not happy with it. Sorry, 'Bharatiyas'. Guess yall are going to have to learn that word too. 

Edited by mr_engineer

They deserve it. Seems like the country is trying to distance itself from colonization 

I read recently that Britain stole $50 trillion during their rule in India lmao

Edited by Jacob Morres