Leo Gura

Jan 6th Proudboy Sentencing

20 posts in this topic

More sentences coming next week.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Crazy part is they wanted to give me like 30+ years but they cut it in half.  17 years is a looooooong time though, sheesh.  I'm surprised they didn't go full sentence to dissuade people from doing that again.

This is good stuff.

@Leo Gura If Trump becomes president he’ll just pardon them all.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

wow they really are tough in America they'd get 3 years max in the UK, early release half way through for good behaviour

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@How to be wise He will be joining them.

If he wins, they will be joining him. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

There are child molesters that will get less than half of that.

Consider that a coup is more dangerous than child molestation.

Edited by Leo Gura

The actions of the terrorist insurrectionists on January 6th were despicable, deadly, unjustifiable, and traumatizing to all of the police and officials in the Capitol. Officials lives were seriously threatened. Seven lives were lost in the event and dozens more injured. The event left a permanent ugly stain on US History. The insurrectionists got what they deserved.

Edited by ryandesreu

Here we go!

Now that sentence is serious as cancer.

Edited by Leo Gura

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Now that sentence is serious as cancer.

Those kinds of groups and leaders  propagating their cause are a cancer to society, so it’s only fair.

He should be even more proud to be an American. Other places like North Korea would’ve easily sentenced him to death by public execution for interfering with serious government processes, no questions asked.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa

5 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Those kinds of groups and leaders  propagating their cause are a cancer to society, so it’s only fair.

He should be even more proud to be an American. Other places like North Korea would’ve easily sentenced him to death by public execution for interfering with serious government processes, no questions asked.

So what do you suggest in handling such groups? Police raids?

A deeper dive into the life of the Proud Boys leader

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Understanding a topic requires looking into all facts.

I assume everybody here has heard before that we have a confirmation bias when it comes to filtering information (or misinformation and disinformation) that seems to confirm our preliminary expectations versus what seems to contradict our expectations.

Information that seems to confirm our expectations always gets our full attention. We don't have to take care of that. But we do have a strong tendency to ignore more or less all information that contradicts our expectation.

Logically, if we want to get to correct results, we need to make a conscious effort to make sure that we look at all information that is relevant to draw conclusions. To mitigate our confirmation bias, we therefore have to consciously seek and focus on particularly on everything that contradicts our expectation.

Very few people seem to understand this. Very few people do this.

I would have expected this to be the case here. It apparently is not. 

@mostly harmless people come here from all parts of the world. So you can expect different levels of personal development. We aren’t a university here, and trust me, they have a bunch of confirmation bias as well, if not worse.