StarStruck

Surrending in Spirituality feels womanesque

35 posts in this topic

So my major pitfall in spirituality is that I can't surrender. It feels very womanesque in the sense that something greater than me having its way with me. I know I can't win against the will of god but at the same time I'm not fighting a fight to win; I fight out of principle. I do have to admit I have trust issues and there are people I trust but I don't trust very easily. So surrendering entails I surrender my will to a greater force and I don't know what it wants to do with me. The risks outweigh the possible benefits at this point of my life.

The risks: Letting go of fear and control.

The benefits: Infinite bliss/love, and understanding of literally everything.

47 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

So surrendering entails I surrender my will

Id say it's quite masculine. something like: I don't care what happens to me. I throw myself into the abyss without expectation, without asking for anything in return, just for the beauty of throwing myself without holding on to anything.

forget about surrendering to a superior being, that is already holding on to something. You have to jump into the void without a parachute.

35 minutes ago, itsadistraction said:

Tao Te Ching – Verse 28

Know the male,
yet keep to the female:
receive the world in your arms.
If you receive the world,
the Tao will never leave you
and you will be like a little child.

Know the white,
yet keep to the black:
be a pattern for the world.
If you are a pattern for the world,
the Tao will be strong inside you
and there will be nothing you can’t do.

Know the personal,
yet keep to the impersonal:
accept the world as it is.
If you accept the world,
the Tao will be luminous inside you
and you will return to your primal self.

The world is formed from the void,
like utensils from a block of wood.
The Master knows the utensils,
yet keeps to the the block:
thus she can use all things.

(translation by Stephen Mitchell, 1995)

Why did you delete this? Luckily I’m tech savvy. 

27 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

The risks: Letting go of fear and control.

The benefits: Infinite bliss/love, and understanding of literally everything.

Hm. Life after enlightenment can still be hard from what I’m reading. You still have to deal with the same old shit. 

Edited by StarStruck

9 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Id say it's quite masculine. something like: I don't care what happens to me. I throw myself into the abyss without expectation, without asking for anything in return, just for the beauty of throwing myself without holding on to anything.

forget about surrendering to a superior being, that is already holding on to something. You have to jump into the void without a parachute.

How is jumping into a void an equivalent to surrendering?  Perhaps my understanding of surrendering is different to yours. 

If I want to do something that I don’t want like jumping into a void I have to fight my fear otherwise I will not do it. 

Last week it was public speaking and  I really had to push myself off the edge and just do it. Otherwise I won’t do it. 

My default is surrendering to fear. And that is not the surrendering you are talking about. 

Edited by StarStruck

Masculinity according to stage red is to fight. 

Masculinity according to higher stages is to let go and not resist.

Stage red perceives letting go as weakness.

True masculinity is not to fear and not to resist.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

3 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Masculinity according to stage red is to fight. 

Masculinity according to higher stages is to let go and not resist.

Stage red perceives letting go as  weakness. But of course, Letting go is the ultimate form of strength, you become invincible when you don't resist anything.

What would you do if somebody attacked your loved one? Surrender or fight?  I don’t think surrender can be universally seen as power. Context is paramount. I think everything in the universe is love. Both fighting and surrendering are forms of love. Somebody who doesn’t love won’t fight because he doesn’t believe in anything. And all the beautiful things in the world exist because people were willing to fight and die for it. 

Edited by StarStruck

Just now, StarStruck said:

How is jumping into a void an equivalent to surrendering?  

It is to drop the self into nothingness. stop wanting and fearing, even for a few seconds. we are constantly controlling, interpreting, grasping reality. It is all illusion, we are not in control of anything, but the appearance of control allows us to have the illusion of standing on solid ground. It's not real, we're in the infinite now. this is existence existing and the controlling self is an illusion. it is seized, contracted, controlling every second, surrounding every instant with a capsule of mental flow, but this control is only illusory. Surrender is redundant because you're really already surrended. You just have to surrender a lie, the illusion that you control this moment with your mind, and open yourself now to the infinity that this moment is. 

You are God's bitch.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

You are God's bitch.

Lol. Go to sleep.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

9 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

What would you do if somebody attacked your loved one? Surrender or fight?  I don’t think surrender can be universally seen as power. Context is paramount. I think everything in the universe is love. Both fighting and surrendering are forms of love. Somebody who doesn’t love won’t fight because he doesn’t believe in anything. And all the beautiful things in the world exist because people were willing to fight and die for it. 

You see, this is the whole problem. To Surrender according to your subconscious mind is to lose. You need to manipulate the external world or you lose and this is exactly why you perceive letting go as a "weakness".

You shouldn't listen to that barbaric side of your brain. Listen to the more mature and civilized part of your mind.

Jesus will happily let you slab him on the cheek while Andrew Tate will kick your ass. Ironically, Jesus is much stronger than Andrew. But in reality, what happens is Jesus will be kicking your ass while whispering "I love you" in your ear.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

You're not actually surrendering to anything. You're just giving up your ideas about existence. When those go away, you realize, "oh there was nothing to surrender to in the first place."

What exists is what exists. The only thing that could need surrendering is just some idea about something that doesn't exist, otherwise you already have what you want, which is what is real and exists. Tune in with what is real.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are God's bitch.

He ain't wrong lol. Even Jesus likened the church as a bride. Life/Reality is ridiculously large. Your finite self ain't controlling shit ultimately. It can try to resist and fight truth, but it's too small. Eventually a deep surrender happens. Here is something for you....that surrender is inevitable it's called physical death. So you can die before you die or struggle in vain till the body drops. Up to you.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

16 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Lol. Go to sleep.

Wake up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Wake up.

Thought I felt a nudge. ?

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

Who told you that you have to 'surrender'?

Surrender is the gold word for those that do not know how to handle and ride the Phenomena of life, of this body, of this system. When you are in that situation, then surrender might be a good solace to get by.

Is like this, if you are being beaten, maybe if you surrender the hits will be less painful, if you don't fight the pain, maybe the pain will be feel less, maybe they will hit you less intensely.

But is that really the best way? Really?

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

something greater than me having its way with me.

I know I can't win against the will of god

More crap picked up from spiritual ideologies. 

You did not came up with that yourself alone in your room. 

Edited by Javfly33

@StarStruck  instead of a void think of as skydiving

to surrender to the experience is jumping out of the plane.

if you are skydiving are you going to punch the instructor in the face instead of jumping?

you would look and feel like an absolute coward.

you dont fight anyone you just jump and give your life up.

to surrender means to put yourself in gods hands and let go of the grip you have on your perception

we dont feel it right now but we have an actual grip on reality and we are holding it like a tightly closed fist without knowing how we are doing it similar to your heart beating without you doing it.

pretend you are dying right now you can practice and say im going to die now and just let go

and can just keep practising and you are in surrender.

Edited by Hojo

@StarStruck

When You accept death, you simultaneously accept all of life

when you accept your terrified and don’t resist, the fear turns into metaphysical love 

when you surrender to God, he shows you that he is you and you are him

and then he shows you that all of life is yours forever 

And then you get on with the rest of your human life because the show must go on...

Ok. So it is surrendering of falsehood and acceptance of the truth. 

It reminded me of this scene:

I think surrendering doesn’t mean you can’t fight. This is my misunderstanding. Surrendering just means acceptance of the truth.

Surrendering = acceptance 

Edited by StarStruck

@StarStruck yes and you will have to accept that you are going to die and go into a void so theres the problem. Your logic has to die and this will be the struggle.

the trick logic uses is that its actually real and alive. but its just an infinite loop of nothing. but it will fight tooth and nail to survive cause you created it. buts its nothing and dosent even exist, cause it will cease to exist and something that can cease to exist means its already dead.

once your logic goes...poof you are dead.

but something will catch you. something that has never been born !

this thing will either love you so much if you believe in it or just not be there if you dont

it will still catch you but you wont have its love cause you dont believe in it

Edited by Hojo