DreamSpirit

What Was The Most Empowering Actualized.org Video for You?

57 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Lauren said:

Great Question! Tuff Question!

I really enjoy watching them multiple times, I get something new from each video every time and it depends on my mindset at the time what I allow myself to take in fully.

I love “A Vision for a Self Actualized Life”  helps me set very high kickass goals!

I watch “how to stop caring what others think of you” whenever I doubt my skills at work or socially.

I watch “accepting the cost” whenever I am having a hard time feeling alone or that I am giving something up to pursue my goals.

“Bad Relationships” was excellent for understanding codependency and the cycle we create in those types of relationships and what to strive for if one wants an independent relationship.

@Sarah_Flagg that's a great story about the 80 year old man, thank you for sharing that! how did you handle that?

Normally, I'd say sorry and quickly orders. This time I said, sorry you're upset I'll order when I'm ready. Thanks for the complement"? 

I've come a long way from my people pleasing. 

Also, I have to add to this thread that the most powerful videos of Leo's as a group for me was his life purpose course. For those of you that have not taken it, it's so worth it. Changed my life! 

The most recent one has been 30 ways society f*cks you in the ass. As a 19 year old, another one would be Advice for High school and College students.

I'm currently a high school student so: advice for high school and collage students really changed my life and how i view school, Oh! also the 'how to study' episode. I transformed from a crappy video game addict into an ace student! 

Rob

48 minutes ago, Calmdown5 said:

The most recent one has been 30 ways society f*cks you in the ass. As a 19 year old, another one would be Advice for High school and College students.

Me too! these two videos really shows us what is  potentially out there so we don't lose our direction after we get out of collage. 

Rob 

His videos on Enlightenment are the most powerful ones for me personally. It's changed the way I view the world in ways my past cynical self and other cynical-type people will scoff at. And not just cynical people, pretty much anyone who does not know anything about enlightenment or spiritual truths are pretty much looking at the world through their asshole.

But I'm getting off-topic here. I would say his video on "Understanding Awareness" is so far my No. 1 video he's ever made. I've even got into reading "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution" and going out of it not with heightened awareness but mostly with just more awareness that I'm not aware. I mean I had no idea just how much my imagination takes me away from reality and into fantasy land. I strongly believe that we are normally awake for 16 hours but even just the average person who meditates is probably conscious only about 30 minutes a day. Which means people spend more than 15 hours in fantasy land while 8 hours actually sleeping.

(Also, I'm using P.D. Ouspensky's meaning of "Fantasy Land/Imagination". I suggest you read the book if you haven't already)

I wish I could remember the videos title and its full contents, and if anyone does then post it here - but it was one where Leo was talking about how he went on a retreat and was hanging out with this younger dude for a while. Something in that video moved me. I really like the image of them together, Leo further down the path and the kid essentially just starting. I think it gave Leo a lot of perspective into the whole journey, and it did for me as well.

Also the video with that fingering technique is pretty legit too. 

Hi Everyone,

As I found this thread, where you share the best videos or part of them, make me understand that you being watching the Leo's videos for a long time.

Can you please help me understand if watching the channel from the first video and going forward to the latest one is a good way ?

Because I didn't find a specific order of the videos, this question raised in my head.

Please leave your suggestions.

P.S. If it is not suiting this thread please inform me and I will delete it.

Thanks !

1 hour ago, Rob said:

I'm currently a high school student so: advice for high school and collage students really changed my life and how i view school, Oh! also the 'how to study' episode. I transformed from a crappy video game addict into an ace student! 

Rob

Haha, I've downloaded this video and put in on my phone to listen to when I'm out and about. Plan on listening to it very soon...

11 minutes ago, Victor Master said:

Can you please help me understand if watching the channel from the first video and going forward to the latest one is a good way ?

Because I didn't find a specific order of the videos, this question raised in my head.

I do not think video order matters on Leo's channel, you could watch any random video you feel like this video would be helpful for you. You could also watch videos categorized in play-lists on this link This is Leo's YouTube Videos Play-list link

Thank you for suggestions ! I will let me enjoy every video, as they all contains some insights, and so going on I will make my puzzle become a whole picture. :)

50 minutes ago, Arman said:

I wish I could remember the videos title and its full contents, and if anyone does then post it here - but it was one where Leo was talking about how he went on a retreat and was hanging out with this younger dude for a while.

A Vision For The Self Actualized Life

Although it's hard for me to pick a single favorite video of Leo's, I have to say the most empowering one is one of his older videos called "True Vision - I Reveal My Life Purpose Until You Can Feel It." That video is kind of similar to "A Vision For The Self Actualized Life - Get Yo Ass Inspired!," but there's a crucial difference. In A Vision For The Self Actualized Life, Leo mainly provides us with ideas for goals within areas of our life in order to self-actualize; he gives a more logical outline what anyone's life could be like if they lived the self-actualized life. However, in True Vision, Leo gives us his vision - the one he believes and sees for himself. That's the difference between the two videos, which made True Vision the most empowering for me. By centering himself and speaking straight from his own heart, Leo didn't just give us logical examples, nor did he give logical examples with a little emotion thrown in. He combined logic with emotion (as stated in the video), and gave the most amount of both he could give. Amazing video. Really motivating and inspiring.

There are so many other empowering videos, though. Off the top of my head, others that struck me were 30 Ways Society Fucks You In The Ass, The Biggest Thing You Should Fear, and his first video on spiritual enlightenment.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

I can't really say I have a favourite video, propably the step-by-step enlightenment video, but I remember the first video I saw was Leo talking about how to make girls squirt :D. And that's what really got me into watching his content, which then really got me into personal development.

It's kinda funny in what ways we sometimes discover things that then absolutely change our lives :D

For me there are a few that stand out to me. The first is how to stop backsliding, I have made a lot of habbit changes that have failed so being able to pin it on something my body is doing for survival makes it easier to power through the emotional difficulties. Another video was how to get shit done, I have listened to both of these videos multiple times for me they work together perfectly to motivate me to get results. I have probably listened to these two the most however it is the videos on mindfulness and emotion i think that have made the biggest impact on my life, I have had anxiety disorders for the better part of 10 years and im only 21 however with a better understanding of the ego and the tendancy to label anxiety as a 'bad emotion' I have made more progress in a couple months watching these videos than years of working with my own understanding of my emotions. 

I used to be overwhelmed with anxiety at the mere thought of the universe so i would cut myself off from it with distractions but with meditation and the understanding none of my problems actually exist beyond stories in my brain i have come to love life and learning more so than i ever have and whilst i haven't completely ditched the anxiety its nice to finally feel some peace :) 

Responsibility vs. Blame; the video about confidence and awareness. The videos about meditation and awareness I all liked especially the "meditaiton on steroids".

I find it very hard to name the most empowering video, or even a top ten! But I think what have opened my eyes most are his videos about not caring about what people think of you, being more confident and being positive.

I feel like I've made some progress over these areas and have been noticing how negative the world is that were all living in (Generalization, yes). But yeah I have to say that his videos in general could help alot of people, only if they would become mainstream. Right now not a lot of people in our society really "study" this or even want to understand it or if they do they do it behind closed doors.

Edited by Mr. Free Will
paragraphic

Just remembered another one, can't recall the actual title at the moment; it was about moving through your feelings when you want to feel the pain. Just sitting there and experiencing the emotions, letting them move through you, as you act like a superconductor.

Actually, now that I think of it, I think it was "How to deal with strong negative emotions" (correct me if I have it wrong). I only watched the video once but I used the technique many times in helping me get over a tough breakup. It wasn't an instant fix, of course - but it really helped a little every time. More than other things I had tried.

Edited by Jackthelad
spelling mistake

There are lot of great ones to choose from. But the one that particulary struck me was Leo talking about his own life vision.

Really emotional. Really powerful. Really inspiring.

A Vision for a Self Actualized Life

Definitely the most meaningful for me personally. It resonated deeply with me, and solidified my motivation. I got ma' a** inspired.

On a solid 2nd place is "How to stop caring what people think of you"

"True Vision" and "Halloween Special 2014" were both pretty damn powerful videos of Leo! I love them.

But you know what video I love the most?

"Redefining Philosophy - How to become a Jedi master"! 

What an amazing video this is :D And also probably the funniest of them all. I watch it every now and then, to remind me that I am still not a Jedi, but merely Jabba the fucking hut. Or maybe Han Solo...

"Self Actualization - The Most Inspiring Self-Help Concept Of All Time" and "A Vision For The Self Actualized Life - Get Yo Ass Inspired!" Maslow's ideas about self-actualisation are so inspiring, it's as if he's describing an ideal human being, it really give you something to strive for. He goes into more depth about actualisation in his books 'Motivation and Personality' and 'Toward a psychology of being,' some of these concepts are life changing.