Fiercemonkey202

Thoughts on RFK jr. (Stage Yellow? or Crazy Conspiracy Theorist?)

37 posts in this topic

RFK jr. has grown increasingly interesting to me lately. RFK jr. for those that don't know is a democratic presidential candidate. He seems to come from a place of neutrality and multi-perspectivity. He doesn't get caught up in the left vs right junk and wants to genuinely promote healing while understanding the differences of everyone in the nation. With this he's drawing support from both republicans and democrats.

however...

He is a raving critic of vaccines and is well known to be a supporter of conspiracy theories such as "vaccines cause autism", "wifi causes mental illness", and other out there conspiracy theories. 

What are your thoughts on RFK jr?

I actually really like him.

Just not his anti-vax stuff.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You mean like as in he is a likable guy or you would vote for him?

Agreed. I think he's definitely stage yellow, but his anti-vax stuff will keep him from getting into office.

He's ahead of our time unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Florian said:

You mean like as in he is a likable guy or you would vote for him?

I like his positions on anti-corporate stuff.

He's got a pretty mature view of politics.

I would vote for him but for his anti-vaxness.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

I like his positions on anti-corporate stuff.

He's got a pretty mature view of politics.

Enough that you would vote for him despite his anti-vax stuff?

Edit: Or do you generally not disclose who you vote for? Nvm my question in that case

Edited by Florian

Just now, Florian said:

Enough that you would vote for him despite his anti-vax stuff?

Maybe I would. He might be good to shake things up.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Maybe I would. He might be good to shake things up.

I see. I would vote for him if I was American tbh. 

@Fiercemonkey202

1 hour ago, Fiercemonkey202 said:

What are your thoughts on RFK jr?

He recently surprised a lot of people with quite strange views on the Israeli occupation. To the point of almost denying that an illegal occupation is even happening.

I couldn't believe my ears lol

On this issue, Rfk makes Biden seem reasonable and moderate, which is quite an achievement

I liked his perspective on the public discourse on climate change.
Less fear and guilt as a motivator. Emphasizing his love for the planet.
And I'm quite tired of all the doomerism myself. If it's really 5 past 12 we might as well all go outside and drink ourselves to death.

Currently a lot of media (at least here in the Netherlands) takes every heavy rainfall or heatwave and shows statistics of old people dying as a consequence, and then pointing to the horrors of climate change. I don't have the feeling this is a great motivator for people to start caring about the environment (like my boomer father). Instead he does love the idea of generating his own clean energy using solar panels, which should also be an economically beneficial choice.

But some of his conspiratorial positions are troubling. Either way he will have to work together and find majorities, so I don't think he would be able to do too much damage. And he's a damn better candidate than Trump, who should legally be in prison now lol

Edited by ItsNick

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

both. he's both lol. wisdom and insanity are deeply connected, it's just a question of what kind of insanity. the problem with anti-vax is it's not insane enough

Edited by Oppositionless

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just not his anti-vax stuff.

It is like saying "i really like Hitler, just not his nazi stuff"...

@Recursoinominado not wanting to be forced to take a medical product is equivalent to being Hitler...

You must be a genius :)

1 hour ago, Tobia said:

@Recursoinominado not wanting to be forced to take a medical product is equivalent to being Hitler...

You must be a genius :)

1. Didn't equated RFK with Hitler.

2. No one was forced.

3. That's not the discussion at all.

4. For someone that dumb, you shouldn't be attacking people like that.

@Tobia He actually speaks pretty truthfully. Have you ever considered the Israeli perspective? There is a very real reason Israel can't let go of the West Bank. Minimizing civilian casualties is likewise a great goal for Israel. Israel literally has the power to level Gaza to the ground. Could you imagine if its enemies had such power? 

You think wifi is healthy? I don't think that's much of a conspiracy theory the research is pretty clear.

He attracts too many weirdos due to his conspiracy tendencies. There was a loud discussion about climate change at one of his fundraising events, which was interrupted by the host farting and saying he was farting, in case it wasn't noticed.

I'd love a Progressist Kennedy running for office, but this one is not serious. He lacks charisma too.

5 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

yah because we know the government tells us the truth always and has solid good studies, get real buddy, and how much data would you guys need to sway your decision that maybe some vaccines are worse for you then good for you and how much truthful data was suppressed that we have yet to learn with covid, lets be open minded here