Sigrun

Has anyone experienced something like this while tripping?

18 posts in this topic

About 8 months ago, early on a Sunday morning, I took 20-30ug LSD.

Once I felt it kick in, I went out for a walk in my town,  I was walking down an empty street I've walked down hundreds of times when I felt the sudden urge to pray, which was a first for me (I'm not and have never been a religious person).  I had "prayed" before, but never authentically. Just some superficial level lip service because I had some talks with Mormons in the past out of curiosity. (Turns out they're complete fools yet very lovable, just as I had expected)

This time however, was the first time I truly prayed. I was in a public space so I didn't go on my knees and put my hands together or anything, nor did I speak or even verbalize anything in my head except for a simple 'please'. That 'please' stemmed from a deep longing to really see through the materialist paradigm which I believed in most my life, and despite having a paradigm shift about 10 years ago which undermined my unquestioned belief in the material paradigm, I still hadn't fully deconstructed it, and neither have I replaced it, so for about 10 years I've been searching for that thing, while still feeling a slight gravitational pull towards the materialistic paradigm. So almost as a last resort, I silently pleaded, to anything that could be listening, just give me a sign. PLEASE.

And just like that, something happened that I wouldn't be able to believe unless I experienced it for myself, even though I've tripped on shrooms 20 times before, 5 of which were heroic doses, and done 20+ LSD trips, ranging from 15-200ug.

I completely stopped moving, even though I was very clearly still walking. Technically each step I took it appeared visually as if I had moved one step forward,  but after something like 400-500 steps I was still in the exact spot where I was when this phenomenon began. During this period, I was simply in awe, with a hint of disbelief of what I am very clearly perceiving to be happening, and a subtle worry that my 'sober-self' will eventually brush this experience off as some hallucination caused by a psychedelic, a false memory or even a dream. But I just kept walking and taking in the experience as deeply I could.

It was so ordinary yet extraordinary at the same time, everything was just as it always was, the street wasn't stretched out, the walls weren't moving, the trees weren't "breathing", no fractals, no auditory hallucinations, no nothing, everything was completely ordinary, except for the fact that the space-time continuum I had lived in my entire life had seemingly just...broke? Vanished? Stopped? Morphed? I don't know what to label it, since I quite obviously didn't have a clue what it was in the first place, or if it has always been just a hallucination.

All I knew at that point is that nothing I had experienced could have prepared me for this, and I would never forget it, and I would never doubt the realness of what I had just experienced, I no longer worried that I would just brush this off as a dream, and just as I stopped worrying, everything went back to normal, except for the fact that my life would never be the same, not really.

Edited by Sigrun

I have not experienced an eyes open standing up waking experience of time stopping.

But I have experienced similar things in the dark with my eyes closed.

If you want to continue the journey, listen to Terrance McKenna and Alan Watts and take psychedelics and lay in bed with your eyes closed in the dark for 6 to 12 hours. Heroic doses will get you there. It does seem to be the monad or enlightenment or satori or the cosmic one.

I also recently started to pray but more to please my inner child.

I also begged the universe to show me the ultimate truth when I was on mushrooms. The mushroom showed me. The mushroom seems to be slowly revealing answers to me with each new trip. It is more like the first domino was knocked over and now they will slowly continue to fall.

Be safe. :)

Edited by Soul Flight

I've had experiences where the flow of time seems to speed up, like increasing the framerate on the flow of reality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

One of my first truffel trips was crazy. The time stopped and a 6 hour trip felt like ages. 

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Buck Edwards I hope that is a joke.

I sincerely hope that it's not a joke because it's an amazing comment haha xD

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

24 minutes ago, billiesimon said:

I sincerely hope that it's not a joke because it's an amazing comment haha xD

I've been laughing for the past 5 mins about this loll

Former Tik Tok influencer starts a Life Mastery University.

41 minutes ago, Jayson G said:

I've been laughing for the past 5 mins about this loll

I agree, one of the most hilarious moments on this forum. We need more humour and playfulness. ?

Do not develop a fixation with me. That will hinder your growth.

Edited by Leo Gura

The Actualized Religion has begun.

@Buck Edwards All shall know he as Saint. Edward the First Apostle 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It depends, at a certain level it could increase his growth as he could use your image as a catalyst the same as some have used Jesus, Shiva, etc. LOL. You made fun of people worshipping Ramana Marharshi.....I guess its your turn now.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not because of fixation. I simply use it to increase my focus. It's the most benign image I can find. Also I have always been watching Leo's videos. And these are exceptionally long videos. I have gotten so used to his videos, his face and gestures that this is the most familiar thing I find when I'm doing my work. I mean just imagine watching someone's videos since 2015/2016. Now that's a long time and so it's the most familiar face I find. If I put a picture of Sadhguru or Spira or Adyashanti, it wouldn't have the same effect since I am not so used to them.

Now if I read @Razard86 posts everyday for years and get used to him, I might even use his picture during my trips. It's simply a matter of familiarity. :D

Next is your turn @Razard86. Just joking xD

Edited by Buck Edwards

You should seek to transcend the limitations of the ego and the mind in order to experience a sense of unity with the universe or ultimate reality. You can do meditation,sef inquiry and contemplating for that. To recognize the underlying oneness that is believed to exist beyond the realm of dualistic perception.

@Leo Gura Reading that gave me goosebumps as it reminded me of the exact same experience I had last year on an unknown quality of liberty caps mushrooms. I was at a festival and at the peak of the trip I perceived everyone dancing at ridiculous speeds whilst the DJ was fiddling with the dials insanely quickly and to top it off the music playing was very fast high BPM gabber style electronic hardcore music. So surreal, it was one of my most profound trips and really cemented the fact that I am hallucinating all of reality. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I've had experiences where the flow of time seems to speed up, like increasing the framerate on the flow of reality.

I had that happen to me on LSD once that I can recall, things sped up but in a smooth kind of way, I watched a part of one of your videos and it felt like you were talking 1.5x your normal speed but my comprehension didn't suffer a bit, in fact it seemed to have improved. It didn't strike me as too profound though to be honest, although now I wonder how high the framerate can go.

4 hours ago, Buck Edwards said:

Did you feel like law of attraction? 

Not entirely sure what you mean by that to be honest.

@integral I like your signature :)

9 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

You said in your post that you recently began to pray because of your tripping. In law of attraction, we believe in the idea that anticipating something and having the right aura to attract it will manifest it in our lives. At any point during and after your tripping, did you ever have the insight that your own energy and vibration and ideation might attract certain goals or dreams you have in life and make them real. Just like when we pray, we pray for something, some reason, some anticipation. Also curious to know what drove you to prayer. Thanks.

I was just thinking yesterday how the most memorable experiences I've had on psychedelics all come from me basically willing them (Or praying, in this one scenario).

As to what drove me to prayer I explained in the second paragraph of my post :)

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

It depends, at a certain level it could increase his growth as he could use your image as a catalyst the same as some have used Jesus, Shiva, etc. LOL. You made fun of people worshipping Ramana Marharshi.....I guess its your turn now.

Sigh...

Wow! It is amazing to see in action the process of philosophy turning into religion. All religion essentially boils down to an idealization of the messenger. But the messenger is not as important as the message. Religion loses sight of the message in regards to deriving truth for one’s self. They think they need the messenger to deliver messages to them. Essentially what Jed McKenna says, “don’t look at my finger, look at the moon.”

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

7 hours ago, Sigrun said:

@integral I like your signature :)

lol Leo wroth it a while ago to help the forum members grow up. We had a misbehavior problem at some point ?

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?