KatiesKarma

Someone please talk Christianity out of me.

290 posts in this topic

Just give me simple explanations for as to why it literally cannot be true

Edit;

Christianity: You are not God, God is God and you are in his image, in a defiled one.

You must accept Christ to ascend to Heaven. Most of Humanity will burn in hell eternally because God wants to glorify himself. Sin is real.

Satan is the ultimate deceiver. My concern is that Satan is deceiving us with new age spirituality and the belief of being God. I.e. Leo's 666 lamp, whilst he claimed that lamp means literally nothing in Christianity it is the mark of the beast.

I had psychosis from this that's why I am concerned. Thanks 

Edited by KatiesKarma

I’m not sure this is the forum for this so this will probably get locked.

I will say this though, after being very analytical with the Bible for 12 years and looking for some kind of solid evidence that would lead towards proving it is true it eventually lead me to Truth. 

Christianity is not true, but Jesus tells you how to find Truth. 

What do you mean by Christianity?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

What do you mean by Christianity?

A lot of things but my main paranoia and focus right now is Satan being the ultimate deceiver. I.e. Leo's 666 lamp gives me the chills

10 minutes ago, Selfnaught said:

I’m not sure this is the forum for this so this will probably get locked.

I will say this though, after being very analytical with the Bible for 12 years and looking for some kind of solid evidence that would lead towards proving it is true it eventually lead me to Truth. 

Christianity is not true, but Jesus tells you how to find Truth. 

What exactly is true about it and what isn't?

14 minutes ago, KatiesKarma said:

A lot of things but my main paranoia and focus right now is Satan being the ultimate deceiver. I.e. Leo's 666 lamp gives me the chills

The bible is a book of metaphors, stories that convey wisdom or teaching in a memorable way just like kids story books.

Hell and Heaven taken literally is a place you go to if your good or bad after death. Interpreted metaphorically (and more consciously) it is a state of mind. Most people are living in hell right now on earth, they are miserable about everything, drowning in desire and endless expectations causing suffering, its only when you let go of desire and your selfish ego do you reach the state heaven. To be in heaven is a state of mind you can reach right now, its not a physical place. Christianity and all religions are books guiding people towards enlightenment but because of the low level of development of the average person the message goes way over there heads.

The devil and Satan is a metaphor for YOU! Your selfishness is the devil, your distinction between good and bad is devilry, your self-deception is devilry. 

This video will cleanse your soul. ^_^

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

15 minutes ago, integral said:

The bible is a book of metaphors, stories that convey wisdom or teaching in a memorable way just like kids story books.

Hell and Heaven taken literally is a place you go to if your good or bad after death. Interpreted metaphorically (and more consciously) it is a state of mind. Most people are living in hell right now on earth, they are miserable about everything, drowning in desire and endless expectations causing suffering, its only when you let go of desire and your selfish ego do you reach the state heaven. To be in heaven is a state of mind you can reach right now, its not a physical place. Christianity and all religions are books guiding people towards enlightenment but because of the low level of development of the average person the message goes way over there heads.

The devil and Satan is a metaphor for YOU! Your selfishness is the devil, your distinction between good and bad is devilry, your self-deception is devilry. 

What if Satan is so powerful that he can makes us believe we are God, eternal rejection of Christ?

?

I will watch it tomorrow

Edited by KatiesKarma

This is basically Descartes' evil demon, but with the theme of christianity, or so I intuit. Popular philosophical conundrum.

There is nothing literal about your interpretation of "666". I could put up "666" on my wall right now and it wouldn't mean I'm a follower of Satan. YOU could put up "666" on your wall, and it would mean nothing. Your local christian pastor could put "666" on his wall and it would mean nothing.

But, you fear these numbers because of dogma and fantastical thinking. Actually, the extent of this thinking reminds me of schizophrenia, although I understand it has probably been drilled into you through no fault of your own.

Ultimately, you don't know. You're just assuming. And, you can assume anything you want, even things that make you really fearful and paranoid. Such is the nature of mind.

Anyways, my advice to you is to just build a really good and solid epistemology by watching Leo's videos. Your epistemology is like a firewall that screens out maladaptive ideologies. You need to be able to accurately discern what is ideological bullshit and what isn't. 

You need to create a genuine inquiry: What do I know for sure? What do I know that is 100% true? Latch on to that.

FOLLOW THROUGH WITH ALL YOUR QUESTIONS: What if Satan is powerful? What if he ISN'T powerful? How do I know Satan even exists? What does it even mean for something to exist? How do I know something doesn't exist? Why am I assuming the worst scenario? <<< Like this

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

33 minutes ago, KatiesKarma said:

What if Satan is so powerful that he can makes us believe we are God, eternal rejection of Christ? ?

The reason you believe Satan is a external person is the same reason you believed in Santa Clause as a kid. Its also the same reason every fundamental religious person of any religion blindly believes there story book is literally true. They where told it very young and they never questioned it seriously. People are Muslim because they where born in a Muslim family, no other reason, you are Christian because you where born into a Christian environment (no other reason). Its a very simple origin story.

The reason you no longer believe in santa clause is because everyone around you made it socially acceptable to stop believing in it. It was illogical AND others agreed. In the case of religion its illogical AND others disagree. So your not getting social validation and have deep fear because of it. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

36 minutes ago, Osaid said:

This is basically Descartes' evil demon, but with the theme of christianity, or so I intuit. Popular philosophical conundrum.

There is nothing literal about your interpretation of "666". I could put up "666" on my wall right now and it wouldn't mean I'm a follower of Satan. YOU could put up "666" on your wall, and it would mean nothing. Your local christian pastor could put "666" on his wall and it would mean nothing.

But, you fear these numbers because of dogma and fantastical thinking. Actually, the extent of this thinking reminds me of schizophrenia, although I understand it has probably been drilled into you through no fault of your own.

Ultimately, you don't know. You're just assuming. And, you can assume anything you want, even things that make you really fearful and paranoid. Such is the nature of mind.

Anyways, my advice to you is to just build a really good and solid epistemology by watching Leo's videos. Your epistemology is like a firewall that screens out maladaptive ideologies. You need to be able to accurately discern what is ideological bullshit and what isn't. 

You need to create a genuine inquiry: What do I know for sure? What do I know that is 100% true? Latch on to that.

FOLLOW THROUGH WITH ALL YOUR QUESTIONS: What if Satan is powerful? What if he ISN'T powerful? How do I know Satan even exists? What does it even mean for something to exist? How do I know something doesn't exist? Why am I assuming the worst scenario? <<< Like this

This is good thank you.

You have been taught a very poor, shallow version of Christianity. If you actually make an effort to study serious mystical esoteric Christianity you will realize that Christianity means You are God.

It's that simple.

But the Christianity you were taught was just dogma and nonsense spoken by people who never actually had direct experience of God. They didn't know what they were teaching.

As Jesus told you, the kindgom of heaven is within. What that means is is that you are God, if you go deep within.

You need to question and desconstruct every ideas humans told you about God and spirituality. Question everything until you discard all ideas. Then you will be left with raw direct experience or pure consciousness. That's the real God. CONSCIOUSNESS IS GOD. And all ideas about it are irrelevant.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, KatiesKarma said:

What if Satan is so powerful that he can makes us believe we are God, eternal rejection of Christ?

?

I will watch it tomorrow

What if Satan is so powerful he can make you believe in Christ? That you are a sinner?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You have been taught a very poor, shallow version of Christianity. If you actually make an effort to study serious mystical esoteric Christianity you will realize that Christianity means You are God.

It's that simple.

But the Christianity you were taught was just dogma and nonsense spoken by people who never actually had direct experience of God. They didn't know what they were teaching.

As Jesus told you, the kindgom of heaven is within. What that means is is that you are God, if you go deep within.

You need to question and desconstruct every ideas humans told you about God and spirituality. Question everything until you discard all ideas. Then you will be left with raw direct experience or pure consciousness. That's the real God. CONSCIOUSNESS IS GOD. And all ideas about it are irrelevant.

Amen

4 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

Your ultimate deceiver is you, the one who finds self-centered reasons to believe in lies.  Humans instinctively prioritize survival, so when self-interest conflicts with truth, we are naturally more inclined toward defending the former.

Trying to figure it out just traps you tighter into the dream woven by good story tellers.   Let it go and follow the path of a pure yoga.   Purify your body and mind.    

Vincit omnia Veritas.

6 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

Just give me simple explanations for as to why it literally cannot be true

Edit;

Christianity: You are not God, God is God and you are in his image, in a defiled one.

You must accept Christ to ascend to Heaven. Most of Humanity will burn in hell eternally because God wants to glorify himself. Sin is real.

Satan is the ultimate deceiver. My concern is that Satan is deceiving us with new age spirituality and the belief of being God. I.e. Leo's 666 lamp, whilst he claimed that lamp means literally nothing in Christianity it is the mark of the beast.

I had psychosis from this that's why I am concerned. Thanks 

Place more thoughts on your own life. Leo can buy what he wants. 

Your understanding is only as deep as the humans who gave you it. Derived a deeper understanding yourself. 

Edited by MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI

• Feminist 

8 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

satan is, let's say, a line of code implanted in the pattern of existence that means to be human and that has an evolutionary purpose. Christianity is false (and the good lies contain a lot of truth to be effective). there is no god who rewards the good and punishes the bad for the fact that they are bad. there is an evolutionary process. You, as a human, are an enigma that must be clarified, a challenge is proposed. There is some metaphorical truth to the fact that if you do your share of the work and clear your energetic pattern, the suffering will lessen or eventually stop. Suffering is the key, it is the guide that shows the way. Christianity has a fundamental contradiction: God created you. god is omniscient. God punishes you with eternal hell (shit) if you are bad. So God, when he created you, he already knew that your destiny was eternal hell, the son of a bitch. there is no eternal hell, there is transitory hell, and there is always the possibility of getting out of it

Edited by Breakingthewall

Psychedelic states and psychosis can put you in a paranoid state of mind where you will draw connections that seem to make sense but are really just the mind grappling with reality and projecting fear, even utter terror into some finite symbol in order to maintain its idea of itself.

I have a similiar background, being raised in evangelical environments. I once took LSD and watched a bit of Leos video on God Consciousness. I sensed that I was about to open a door that once opened could never be closed again. Right then the video started freezing up, getting very low quality and it just stopped, due to connection issues. It froze and I thought Leo looked like a total demon in that frame that froze and I thought he was deceiving me and was the devil himself. I felt quite terrified in that moment. I realized later that this was clearly my Christian conditioning coming up and through integrating it I shed the tendency to ascribe evil meanings to any forms or objects. They only have power to the extent that they are feared (or desired). 

And I also stopped giving such authority to external figures or symbols. I wouldn't give even the figure of Leo such authority anymore. Essentially what you are doing when calling a form a demon or absolute evil is giving them a sort of metaphysical authority, saying to yourself that this form is controlling reality in some fundamental sense. And also reinforcing the idea that the nature of reality can be split into some absolute good vs. evil. Which both are strongly tied to evangelical Christian conditioning.

These symbols and forms ultimately cannot touch what you are and ultimately they don't have power over you if you don't allow them to. It seems it is just the mind struggling with its deepest fears, it is never about the form or symbol itself, they are very much neutral. The mind just projects up all sorts of meanings onto those forms in an attempt to protect an idea it has of itself as some limited form. It does this most effectively through deep fear I believe..

-----------

Most people have no idea how deep the fundamentalist Christian conditioning penetrates into the mind and a persons whole being, they think its just like believing in Santa Claus and one day you just stop believing and become rational. But if you have been raised into it somce birth, your whole worldview is shaped by it and deep fears are installed in your mind to prevent you from even seriously questioning the dogma. I wouldn't call it an exagerration if someone feels that they have been truly brainwashed by the fundamentalist conditioning. It can take years or even decades to shed that conditioning, and its important to be patient and compassionate with yourself in that process. For some it is more painful than others. But it is absolutely worth the effort I believe.. 

some online spaces I have found very helpful in shedding the conditioning;

Reddit: r/exchristian and r/deconstruction

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse