Someone here

Being a rock is better than being human?

62 posts in this topic

Rocks just lay on the ground. We can throw them or hit them .but Since they are lifeless and mindless.. the throwing or the hitting on the ground does not affect them. So.. if you are a rock..yes..you may not have any fun..but you will not have any issues as well.

My point basically is that if there were no mind there wouldn't be a sense of self..and no backstory .now that might sound like an idea only for some kinds of buddhist extremists only. But I realized the happiest state of existence Is when you are deep asleep.  Nothing beats this sweet nothingness of a good night sleep . 

I know I'm just speculating when it comes to the rock's ability to experience stuff .we don't know if even rock's have a primitive chunk of consciousness. But let's just assume that rocks are unconscious lol.

Anyone can relate to what I'm saying? 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

But… you only realise that this is your so called happiest state once you wake up and the ‘you’ comes back online let’s say. So during it you are not happy at all. Your only happy afterwards when the ‘you’ projects that story onto the scenario of you having been asleep experiencing nothing

35 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Rocks just lay on the ground. We can throw them or hit them .but Since they are lifeless and mindless.. the throwing or the hitting on the ground does not affect them. So.. if you are a rock..yes..you may not have any fun..but you will not have any issues as well.

My point basically is that if there were no mind there wouldn't be a sense of self..and no backstory .now that might sound like an idea only for some kinds of buddhist extremists only. But I realized the happiest state of existence Is when you are deep asleep.  Nothing beats this sweet nothingness of a good night sleep . 

I know I'm just speculating when it comes to the rock's ability to experience stuff .we don't know if even rock's have a primitive chunk of consciousness. But let's just assume that rocks are unconscious lol.

Anyone can relate to what I'm saying? 

I would rather have more consciousness than less. The closer you get to an infinite state of consciousness the more blissful - because you will have more understanding and more insights.   Being a rock would just be a bland existence.  There really wouldn't be any ups and downs like you have with the ego - but it's those ups and downs that make it interesting.   Rocks wouldn't have a chance at awakening - they really don't have the ability to self reference or go meta.  That's an ability only given to the human. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

You are already a rock. See your hand? It's a rock.

21 minutes ago, Dazgwny said:

But… you only realise that this is your so called happiest state once you wake up and the ‘you’ comes back online let’s say. So during it you are not happy at all. Your only happy afterwards when the ‘you’ projects that story onto the scenario of you having been asleep experiencing nothing

There is some truth to what you are saying  . It's in retrospect that we realise sleep is the best state . But the complete absence of all qualia cannot be called anything other than pure consciousness or pure bliss with zero interruption. 

22 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I would rather have more consciousness than less. The closer you get to an infinite state of consciousness the more blissful - because you will have more understanding and more insights.   Being a rock would just be a bland existence.  There really wouldn't be any ups and downs like you have with the ego - but it's those ups and downs that make it interesting.   Rocks wouldn't have a chance at awakening - they really don't have the ability to self reference or go meta.  That's an ability only given to the human. 

Isn't Buddha mind or no mind what's traditional Buddhism teach?  So awakening to the Buddha means the cessation of all mental activity. Even in meditation you can't achieve that . But you can achieve it perfectly in deep sleep .

And trust me ..too much consciousness is a curse.  Thank god that we are not aware of subtle things like the sounds of ants when they argue about who gets to eat the sugar tonight lol ? 

11 minutes ago, tuku747 said:

You are already a rock. See your hand? It's a rock.

??

-Osho

You were a rock before you became a human. Also Fire, Water, Air, a weed, a plant, a tree, an animal. Next you'll be an Alien...lol. 

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Isn't Buddha mind or no mind what's traditional Buddhism teach?  So awakening to the Buddha means the cessation of all mental activity. Even in meditation you can't achieve that . But you can achieve it perfectly in deep sleep .

Yes, but that is no ego mind, not no mind.   When you quiet the ego mind you have a shot at Infinite Mind.  A rock is Mind just at a low state of consciousness- almost null but still consciousness.   There is nothing but consciousness at different degrees.  Even when you are asleep you are not uncoconscious - you're just in a different state.  The really low states you may not even remember. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

??

Your question marks indicate that you were thinking instead of looking at your hand and realizing Absolute Rock-ness

Edited by tuku747

6 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You were a rock before you became a human. Also Fire, Water, Air, a weed, a plant, a tree, an animal. Next you'll be an Alien...lol. 

I have no beginning or end  . I was never born..shall never die ..and won't perish for ever and ever. 

I Cosplay as a human now . I really want to feel like what a rock feels .

How do you think a rock experiences the world? 

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yes, but that is no ego mind, not no mind.   When you quiet the ego mind you have a shot at Infinite Mind.  A rock is Mind just at a low state of consciousness- almost null but still consciousness.   There is nothing but consciousness at different degrees.  Even when you are asleep you are not uncoconscious - you're just in a different state.  The really low states you may not even remember. 

But what happens when you reach the pinnacle of consciousness? Doesn't it circle back to its lowest state (everything goes full circle). So the highest state of consciousness ever I would imagine as a infinitely intense light . If it is too much light you can't see .just like when it's too much darkness you can't see .;)

3 minutes ago, tuku747 said:

Your question marks indicate that you were thinking instead of looking at your hand and realizing Absolute Rock-ness

I looked at it. How is my hand a rock? Isn't that obvious that it's not ? Or perhaps you have some explanation to do .

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

I looked at it. How is my hand a rock? Isn't that obvious that it's not ? Or perhaps you have some explanation to do .

Please tell me more about how lovely it is to sleep ?

@Someone hereYou are Consciousness. Yes, you were never born and will never die, but you as consciousness dreamt itself as the elements, then rocks, then trees, then animals, now you're dreaming yourself to be human, all different levels of consciousness. A rock now is still being dreamt by you. It is conscious but at a lower state. Creation is finished. You are the only thing in existence but right now you are only conscious of what you are presently being.

Edited by Princess Arabia

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

5 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Please tell me more about how lovely it is to sleep ?

Lol

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Doesn't it circle back to its lowest state (everything goes full circle). So the highest state of consciousness ever I would imagine as a infinitely intense light . If it is too much light you can't see .just like when it's too much darkness you can't see .;)

It doesn't have to.  I'm not saying a human is better than a rock - I'm saying I would prefer omniscience over being dumb.   Of course, when you're as dumb as a rock you don't know any better, so it's as good as any state.  And so in the Absolute sense you are right, there is no better or preferred state.   But notice it took some consciousness to even come to such a conclusion.  That is self reflection! Mind fuck 101!! ? 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

What do you prefer, pushing a wheelbarrow with wooden wheels, or piloting a last generation fighter? the wheelbarrow is less trouble, that's for sure.

It only looks better to a human. A rock doesn't make those distinctions.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

If it is too much light you can't see .just like when it's too much darkness you can't see .;)

Exactly. ?

That's why I am saying that 24/7 bliss stops being (experienced as) bliss. We need the interplay of light and darkness in order to be able to experience anything at all.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

I think so, I have many wise rock friends who live high up in the mountains. They are good listeners but dont often say much.. Oh, and they all love Rock n roll.

I originally read your title as Being a rock star is better than being human?

1 minute ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

I think so, I have many wise rock friends who live high up in the mountains. They are good listeners but dont often say much.. Oh, and they all love Rock n roll.

Meta xD

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

3 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Exactly. ?

That's why I am saying that 24/7 bliss stops being (experienced as) bliss. We need the interplay of light and darkness in order to be able to experience anything at all

This is wrong.  Of course it's wrong.  Of course! Infinity always has to have a way out.  The highest state must be pure Understanding.   There is no blindness.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.