Something Funny

I think I have been bulshitting myself

48 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Something Funny said:

But the thing is, I think I am just using this as an excuse because I am really afraid of addressing this part of my life: being social, going to parties, doing pickup, having relationships, etc. So I conveniently tell myself that I must focus on something else first. Because what I have is not enough.

Well done. Now go get em, tiger!

35 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

Hm in terms of affordability, you can get a girl even with $0 

Personality goes a long way 

If you look, you will see many guys who don't have money get girls 

I was talking more about sustaining a relationship later. Like what if she wants to travel, go out, birthday presents, etc.

13 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Both problems I’m working on… Business/ finances and socializing and relationships.

I am 27, ain’t getting younger. The existential reality of aging is weighing on me.

Yeah. I am 23, but I feel the same way. Like I am behund the curve and need to get all of those things sorted asap. And I don't think it's healthy.

Why can't I do both though? This also has to be some sort of a limiting belief, right?

Why can't I just have a balanced lifestyle???

12 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

Why can't I do both though? This also has to be some sort of a limiting belief, right?

Why can't I just have a balanced lifestyle???

Possibly ?

Tbh I was under the impression I can only pursue 1 at a time too ;

But I think perhaps you can do both at once to an extent ?

Got curious and asked chatgpt;

Skip to my 2nd Q, I queried it wrong initially 

https://chat.openai.com/share/f26d36b1-880e-4437-82fb-be98692569cf

Edited by Jacob Morres

Life is not linear like that. Especially when it comes to big topics like business success and socialization. Sometimes you have to go back one step to go forward two steps. It all comes down to finding your flow. 

Edited by StarStruck

8 hours ago, Something Funny said:

so you think it would be a right decision to prioritise it over career and business success?

Only you can decide that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Only you can decide that.

Perfect.

People pleasing should be a crime.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

In the end, I am working on myself. Maybe I just had a lot more healing and fundamentals work that I realized. When you have a lot of trauma, and didn't have strong enough role models... You have to heal and unlearn a lot of shit.  This week, I am working on my business, eating well and exercising.

I have Toastmasters, Salsa, and rock climbing through this week. Then breakfast with the family. I am working on everything here. Plus, I have time allotted for reading and contemplation. I have some time between tree planting contracts to think. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

What I found out is that you have to go all in and burn the boats whatever you do. One doesn’t want to make mistake but the most valuable thing is time. It is the most valuable capital which is time capital. Making mistakes isn’t even that expensive if you learn from them. Being stuck is very expensive. Especially your youthful years are golden. A rich man would pay millions to become 20 something again. Think about it, what is the point of being 80 and being millionaire? You probably couldn’t get your dick up if an 18 year old bend over backwards for you to save your life. 

Edited by StarStruck

If you have to choose between acquiring social skills and relationship experience and between career and life purpose, if I was at your place I'd prioritize the first until I have a decent experience, until I feel relatively confident. You are still very young and it's eaiser to gain social experience in a young age than older, imo.

I know it's hard, I've been there as an introvert with SA, but many times you have to do the hardest thing for the sake of your own growth and future happiness, otherwise you will feel stacked.

Maybe jump to the water, check the temperature and see how it goes, take it step by step.

If I remember correctly you have a stable job and a stable income and I think that it's more than enough to sustain a long term relationship. Please don't worry too much about the material aspect, once you find the right girl, the most important thing for her would be your connection with each other, the relationship itself, rather than how much money you spend on her birthday or how many fun places you are taking her to.

Many times, ironically (because life is so counter intuitive and funny) the best dates happen in the simplest places, it really doesn't matter where the people are or how much money was spent but how two people feel about each other/around eachother.

Let Love In

@Lila9 thank you for advise, especially about money. It's nice to hear a girl's perspective.

Yes, I have a stable job but I am basically living paycheck to paycheck. And I also wanted to invest some money into coaching/therapy and other stuff for myself.

@Leo Gura I honestly wonder why I can't just do it all at the same time. Normal people seem to be able to do so. My parents did that. My grandparents did that.

Why can't I do it?

@Thought Art wow, that's really cool. 

I've actually done some climbing myself in the past. And I've considered joining toastmasters but I am too afraid. How do the meetings usually look?

also, did you manage to get any friends or relationships from climbing/salsa/toastmasters?

@Something Funny

I find toast masters pretty fun, you can just go and watch the first time. I enjoy it and will continue to work on my speaking this year. It’s not scary once you go. The fear is projection. 

I’ve made some acquaintances from toast masters. It will be my first time going to this dance event this week. Also first time in a long time climbing. 

Made lots of friends while tree planting this summer. 

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

In the end, I am working on myself. Maybe I just had a lot more healing and fundamentals work that I realized. When you have a lot of trauma, and didn't have strong enough role models... You have to heal and unlearn a lot of shit.  This week, I am working on my business, eating well and exercising.

I have Toastmasters, Salsa, and rock climbing through this week. Then breakfast with the family. I am working on everything here. Plus, I have time allotted for reading and contemplation. I have some time between tree planting contracts to think. 

Hell yeah! I can tell you’ve spent years building up to this, and it’s inspiring as hell.

I’M MY OWN ROLE MODEL BABY!

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Thought Art I see. How are the meetings organised. Do you prepare something before one, or do you just go and improvise?

@Something Funny There are different roles. When you first show up your a guest. You’ll have the option to try a table talk which is a 2 minute talk about a subject they give to you in the moment and you just riff on it. 

Each meeting has different roles you can sign up for it. 

Google for the general way a meeting flows and it’s roles. 

◭"89"