Socrates

Neil deGrasse Tyson is a fool

77 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@hoodrow trillson That just means you're at stage 1 of the Leo spiral :P

I'll be real here:  I had a mini awakening one night a few years ago and everything you said clicked and "I" got "it". It was brief but it happened.  I fell 'back asleep' or whatever that means and now I've living little old human me in this life.  But that knowledge and what I SAW stayed with me, so I completely understand why you are the way you are and how you have to say things the way you say things.  I get completely get it.

The only issue is I wish I could go 'back there' again!  Ah well, maybe it'll happen again.

Edited by hoodrow trillson

6 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

The only issue is I wish I could go 'back there' again!

You will.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@hoodrow trillson That just means you're at stage 1 of the Leo spiral :P

The 9 Stages of Relating to Leo.

Not to brag but I think I'm transcending stage 4 and entering 5 already.

26 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

Standing me for that long is quite the achievement.

Personally I'm only at stage 3 of the Leo spiral.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Enlightement said:

I'm at stage 9. Feels like hell already. Alien hell. 

Alien Hatred. ;) (towards Leo)

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I would just slap him out of his chair and walk out of the room into the sunset.

Couldn’t find the best gif but it could end on a “To Be Continued…” vibe of Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure.

29 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

The 9 Stages of Relating to Leo.

I took a warp zone like in Mario Kart and ended up at stage 9.  Now I’m just killing time :PxD

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's quite an achievement for standing me for that long.

Guess it's true love. ;)

giphy.gif

Edited by Sincerity

dismissal of testimonial as unscientific, lol! as if that wasn’t precisely what peer review and education are.

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Perhaps this is just a syntax and semantics issue between me and you?

I don't know exactly what you mean by that, so I guess the answer is yes.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Tyson is just a very mainstream guy, that's his whole appeal. So he cannot say truly deep things.

This would had been a good question to ask: “Do you know stuff you can’t talk about?”. But again since he is someone very known, like he said on one of his answers, he plans beforehand of what to said. I could imagine the pressure these celebrities have of “do not fuck it up”. 

5 minutes ago, Juan said:

This would had been a good question to ask: “Do you know stuff you can’t talk about?”. But again since he is someone very known, like he said on one of his answers, he plans beforehand of what to said. I could imagine the pressure these celebrities have of “do not fuck it up”. 

It's not that he holds back truths, it's just that given his role he doesn't even have the intellectual curiosity to pursue deep truths. Because if he found them and then started talking about them it would tank his career.

It's not like McDonalds does not know how to cook a gourmet $20 burger. They could easily make one. But their audience wouldn't want to pay for it. So McDonalds chefs don't even bother making quality food. Many people in media are deeply audience-captured. Few people do what I do, which is deliberately piss off half my audience.

Edited by Leo Gura

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not that he holds back truths, it's just that given his role he doesn't even have the intellectual curiosity to pursue deep truths. Because if he found them and then started talking about them it would tank his career.

It's not like McDonalds does not know how to cook a gourmet $20 burger. They could easily make one. But their audience wouldn't want to pay for it. So McDonalds chefs don't even bother making quality food. Many people in media are deeply audience-captured. Few people do what I do, which is deliberately piss off half my audience.

Fair point

Neil, why won't you take Psychedelics? 

Neil: because the human mind barrrrrely works as it is. 

Why doesn't he just say he is afraid of the unknown or the effects it will have on his career? 

- It may be so that the human mind works as it does because of Psychedelics, if you believe the stoned ape theory. 

At least Dawkins says it's because he's afraid to have a bad trip.  

17 minutes ago, wpw said:

Neil: because the human mind barrrrrely works as it is.

He's not wrong about that. His mind barely works. :D

The reason no scientist takes massive doses of psychedelics is because they would be UTTERLY DESTROYED.

Edited by Leo Gura

13 hours ago, Sincerity said:

Reminds me of this image I saved years ago.

Is that bottom left image @electroBeam who used to post on this forum years ago lmao?

Edit: Oh I thought that was a graduation picture of him or something xD

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

21 minutes ago, Roy said:

Edit: Oh I thought that was a graduation picture of him or something 

haha same

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

He deserves a punch in the face !!  the human mind BAAAARRREEELLLY works as it is ... Objective reality ?!  oh that's good, that's really good ha 

Edited by wpw