Yimpa

Meta Launches Twitter Rival App “Threads”

49 posts in this topic

It's like Elon Musk bought a racehorse and spends every morning slicing its legs with a razor blade. The internet has rotted his mind.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'll be interested to see what Zuckerburg does to compete against Twitter.

Not as some petty business feud, but to see what Threads does right and what mistakes it will make vs Twitter's wins and fails.

15 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

I'll be interested to see what Zuckerburg does to compete against Twitter.

That's the beauty of it. He doesn't need to do anything. Just keep his mouth shut and provide a calm pleasant platform with decent moderation.

I din’t saw anything innovative with the app. From what I saw on instagram of people posting related to Threads, it just looks like a “forum format made in a app but by Zuckerberg”? Looking from the outside of course. It feels more like a hype and it will die soon maybe. 

Edited by Juan

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

That's the beauty of it. He doesn't need to do anything. Just keep his mouth shut and provide a calm pleasant platform with decent moderation.

?. ""Compete"".

• Feminist 

5 hours ago, Juan said:

I din’t saw anything innovative with the app. From what I saw on instagram of people posting related to Threads, it just looks like a “forum format made in an app but by Zuckerberg”? Looking from the outside of course. It feels more like a hype and it will die soon maybe. 

Treads is like this forum, except for drunk people. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Elon Musk upper naked body should be illegal to post on the internet. 

What Zuckerberg has in his favor is that influencers, companies, and people in general will be able to import followers from Instagram, so won't be like starting from zero like in other newborn platforms.

There's a fight, metaphorically speaking, and I'm not sure if a real one too...

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I’ve been on it for a few days and this is exactly how it is. It’s a nice change from the Twitter vibe and Zucks team definitely knows they nailed it with the simplicity. 

I think ultimately most people are suffering from outrage fatigue, they  are tired of fighting online, and don’t want to have an app constantly trigger their fight or flight.

Because of that I have to agree that It really is a great product, served at great time, that completely fulfills that demand and need for an app in the market that is similar to Twitter, but without the baggage. Meta nailed it. 

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

Mark literally fked Musk in the ass by releasing this app now. 

Oh, poor Musk. 50 billion will go to waste because of your childish attitude xD

On 09/07/2023 at 5:12 AM, Juan said:

I din’t saw anything innovative with the app. From what I saw on instagram of people posting related to Threads, it just looks like a “forum format made in a app but by Zuckerberg”? Looking from the outside of course. It feels more like a hype and it will die soon maybe. 

No need to be innovative. Just by carrying the Meta name, it means instant success in this time when Twitter is highly criticized for insufficient moderation.  Many companies will prioritize making ads on this app rather than on Twitter.

The biggest FU to Twitter is that Threads also starts with a T and is 7 letters long.

:P

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

4 hours ago, VictorB02 said:

I’ve been on it for a few days and this is exactly how it is. It’s a nice change from the Twitter vibe and Zucks team definitely knows they nailed it with the simplicity. 

I think ultimately most people are suffering from outrage fatigue, they  are tired of fighting online, and don’t want to have an app constantly trigger their fight or flight.

Because of that I have to agree that It really is a great product, served at great time, that completely fulfills that demand and need for an app in the market that is similar to Twitter, but without the baggage. Meta nailed it. 

OF COURSE! (in Cenk Uyger voice)

:D

On 7/9/2023 at 7:15 AM, Leo Gura said:

And end up like LinkedIn with full of normie content and "safe space".

No thanks.

Twitter will always remain as the public intellectual space for important discussions. Zuck can do nothing. He can do his part by absorbing away some normies. So that's good overall. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

2 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

end up like LinkedIn

LinkedIn is a resume site. There is zero comparision.

4 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Twitter will always remain as the public intellectual space for important discussions.

Lol. Twitter will always remain the public space for the dumbest discussions of zero importance to anyone with 3 brain cells.

Edited by Leo Gura

5 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Twitter will always remain as the public intellectual space for important discussions. Zuck can do nothing. He can do his part by absorbing away some normies. So that's good overall.

Lol